Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Please enlighten me, what is wrong with religion?

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
So, all religious individuals are bad because of some Catholics? So, in your logic, Atheist have no morals/values and will steal from you.

I must have miss where I raped a little boy and went to a confessional.


Wow. That was an awesome display of mental gymnastics that even Cartman would have been proud of.


Well done, on failing to understand my post so succinctly.


Thats what I said genius. Does everyone on this have a low IQ?


Nope, just you and the brigand of Zionists that have been camping here over the last week.

edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom
 




Nope, it is compared to human nature. A belief that they believe nothing is wrong with getting high and hate cops for trying to bust them.


They don't hate the cops for doing their job, they hate the legislation.



You just clearly missed the point that most "wrong doings" on this planet isn't based on belief, it is based on human nature.


I don't see how harming oneself is equally as bad as harming those around you, incomparable. This thread is a bunch of mambo jumbo that needs better wording. Would you consider double parking as wrong doing or human nature?.....



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
For atheists, the problem with religion is that the books that they are based on contain ample information that has been proven empirically to be false. The intolerance of atheists is directed exclusively towards believers' blatant disregard for absolute facts.

And also it is foolish to subscribe to one religion over another because 99.99999% of the time your religion was not chosen based on devotion but on your location of birth and upbringing.

It's not atheists that are against the religious, its empirical knowledge. Atheists are just on knowledge's team.


Very good point but do you not agree it is human nature to have beliefs in what ever you want and that there is really no difference or wrongs between the two besides beliefs?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by johngrissom
 




Nope, it is compared to human nature. A belief that they believe nothing is wrong with getting high and hate cops for trying to bust them.


They don't hate the cops for doing their job, they hate the legislation.



You just clearly missed the point that most "wrong doings" on this planet isn't based on belief, it is based on human nature.


I don't see how harming oneself is equally as bad as harming those around you, incomparable. This thread is a bunch of mambo jumbo that needs better wording. Would you consider double parking as wrong doing or human nature?.....


Wrong doing is human nature because we are all capable of doing it.

Since you are having a hard time comprehending life and probably the reason why Obama is in office again...let me define human nature to you.

Human nature:
The general psychological characteristics, feelings, and behavioral traits of humankind, regarded as shared by all humans.

Everyone is capable of doing "wrong doings." Teachers, construction works, clerks, preachers, etc.. are all capable of doing the same thing. So an argument that religion is base on killing or wars is invalid because it is a trait shared by all humans.

And I have no idea where you are from but from just about every stoner I have met hate the police because the police are the one that arrest them. But, it doesnt matter in your logic the legislation is up held by the police. I have a major in criminal justice by the way.
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by johngrissom
So, all religious individuals are bad because of some Catholics? So, in your logic, Atheist have no morals/values and will steal from you.

I must have miss where I raped a little boy and went to a confessional.


Wow. That was an awesome display of mental gymnastics that even Cartman would have been proud of.


Well done, on failing to understand my post so succinctly.


Thats what I said genius. Does everyone on this have a low IQ?


Nope, just you and the brigand of Zionists that have been camping here over the last week.

edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)



Keep dodging the question and keep branding all religious for your own benefit.

I think Im pretty sure I understood the post because that is all you did

Plus, your little list of crap, everyone has the capability of doing all that because of....wait for it...wait for it....


HUMAN NATURE. Religion is no different from Atheism besides the belief system.
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Simple Religion is man made and a means to control others.
God should be a personal relationship, a private one. No need to preach to others and hurt others who believe differently.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by johngrissom
Stoners believe there is nothing wrong with getting high


Umm, there isn't.


Thats what I said genius. Does everyone on this have a low IQ?


No, you said stoner's believe there isn't. Insulting people doesn't help your already lacking case, especially when you're wrong and insult people, because that just makes you look like the one with a low IQ.



And in fact, I would like to now how I am wrong. I can tell why, I am wrong because my belief is not your belief but you wont see my telling you that. How ironic that in the OP, I stated that atheist find in it their destiny to ruin a religious person's life by telling them they are wrong. Imagine that.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom
 


HUMAN NATURE. Religion is no different from Atheism besides the belief system.


Really?

Can you show me an Atheist that has started a religious war?


edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Simple Religion is man made and a means to control others.
God should be a personal relationship, a private one. No need to preach to others and hurt others who believe differently.


How am I controlled? I haven't been to church in 2 and half years but I still strong in my faith than I was 2 years ago. The reason why I left the church, is because most church goers are morons but I didn't leave God. I decided on Non-Denominational



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   


Since you are having a hard time comprehending life and probably the reason why Obama is in office again...let me define human nature to you.


I suppose it's human nature as well for one to hurl insults when engaged in a losing battle?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by johngrissom
 


HUMAN NATURE. Religion is no different from Atheism besides the belief system.


Really?

Can you show me an Atheist that has started a religious war?


edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)


Can you show me an Atheist that hasn't killed anyone?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by smithjustinb
For atheists, the problem with religion is that the books that they are based on contain ample information that has been proven empirically to be false. The intolerance of atheists is directed exclusively towards believers' blatant disregard for absolute facts.

And also it is foolish to subscribe to one religion over another because 99.99999% of the time your religion was not chosen based on devotion but on your location of birth and upbringing.

It's not atheists that are against the religious, its empirical knowledge. Atheists are just on knowledge's team.


Very good point but do you not agree it is human nature to have beliefs in what ever you want and that there is really no difference or wrongs between the two besides beliefs?


I believe that what you believe is a filter for how you see the world. But, believing something is true when it isn't is not okay. Falsehoods are a sickness to the mind especially when they are used to interpret reality. It doesn't matter what you know about something as long as its true.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow


Since you are having a hard time comprehending life and probably the reason why Obama is in office again...let me define human nature to you.


I suppose it's human nature as well for one to hurl insults when engaged in a losing battle?



How am I battling anyone? This is merely a discussion on how religion is bad, that no one can seem to answer. And how is stating a generalized fact, that was no where thrown at you an insult. I completely understand that you have no idea where I'am coming from but that is why we have sheeps and shepherds.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom
 


You have been controlled since you started believing in your brand of religion, you may have left your church but you still believe in something written down by man.
It is alll well and good but will you preach to your kids what you believe? If so their beliefs have been controled by you...man not god.
If god exists we really have no understanding of him/she/it.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by smithjustinb
For atheists, the problem with religion is that the books that they are based on contain ample information that has been proven empirically to be false. The intolerance of atheists is directed exclusively towards believers' blatant disregard for absolute facts.

And also it is foolish to subscribe to one religion over another because 99.99999% of the time your religion was not chosen based on devotion but on your location of birth and upbringing.

It's not atheists that are against the religious, its empirical knowledge. Atheists are just on knowledge's team.


Very good point but do you not agree it is human nature to have beliefs in what ever you want and that there is really no difference or wrongs between the two besides beliefs?


I believe that what you believe is a filter for how you see the world. But, believing something is true when it isn't is not okay. Falsehoods are a sickness to the mind especially when they are used to interpret reality. It doesn't matter what you know about something as long as its true.



So, what is true then? I believe the definition to truth would be having facts. In that case, neither side can prove itself. So, isn't belief part of the human nature? I'm come on this is psychology 101.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by johngrissom
 


HUMAN NATURE. Religion is no different from Atheism besides the belief system.


Really?

Can you show me an Atheist that has started a religious war?


edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)


Can you show me an Atheist that hasn't killed anyone?


Ummm......yeah. Lots.

Does your mommy know you are using her computer?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom
 


What? most stupid post ever. well done.
2nd.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by johngrissom
 


You have been controlled since you started believing in your brand of religion, you may have left your church but you still believe in something written down by man.
It is alll well and good but will you preach to your kids what you believe? If so their beliefs have been controled by you...man not god.
If god exists we really have no understanding of him/she/it.


Okay and? Atheism is written down by man and neither side can prove itself. So, how is my belief or religion in general wrong? Belief is a human nature. Some believe in a God(s) and some believe in no God(s).
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by johngrissom
 


HUMAN NATURE. Religion is no different from Atheism besides the belief system.


Really?

Can you show me an Atheist that has started a religious war?


edit on 19/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)


Can you show me an Atheist that hasn't killed anyone?


Ummm......yeah. Lots.

Does your mommy know you are using her computer?



Still can't find anything to prove religion wrong?
It is your logic not mine.

Oh and I forgot the that Columbine boys and the VT shooting we're done in the name of God. Oh and the theater shooting. Still this is your logic.
edit on 19-11-2012 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by johngrissom
 


What? most stupid post ever. well done.
2nd.


How is it stupid? Explain?
Im sure the explanation would be Iam wrong because I believe in God.
How is that not stupid?






top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join