It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the sky - The Orange UFO Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Did it make any noise?

absolutely silent.
And the light was very strange, Like it wasn't from a source from a light bulb. The sun in the sky explanation is pretty good but I could look at it without it leaving black dots in my eye if you know what I mean?
edit on 18-11-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ninetysixufo

I asked my Mom after having asked my brother that time a few years ago. She told me "I just don't want to talk about it", and my Dad died a long time before the memory of it started bothering me enough that I had to ask my brother about it.

I remember no sound from it. Visually it really was like the image of the Sun, as you see it peripherally. This was not as bright so you could look at it. I could have sworn it was a "mini Sun" at the time, except for the part where it started coming toward us after having been stationary, and by then it was pretty much panic time. It happened so fast, that's about all the detail I can remember.

The part that really, really bothers me is piling into the car, my Dad trying to start it, then nothing. And the very next thing you know, why, we're all driving home. It could be a blessing that I've forgotten whatever it is I have, or maybe I really haven't forgotten anything, maybe nothing happened, but my gut tells me that something did.

It's really frustrating recounting this, almost pointless, except for the chance that maybe someone else has experienced something like this, they read this, and know they are not alone.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

Thank you again for sharing. It's certainly a strange thing. If it does bother you, have you thought about hypnosis?

Oh and not pointless at all!
edit on 18-11-2012 by ninetysixufo because: forgot to leave info

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by louczar

p.s. - I don't trust those boogers either.

edit on 18-11-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

I'm glad I'm not alone in that, either lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Did it make any noise?

absolutely silent.
And the light was very strange, Like it wasn't from a source from a light bulb. The sun in the sky explanation is pretty good but I could look at it without it leaving black dots in my eye if you know what I mean?
edit on 18-11-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

Same thing on the one I witnessed, silent... and no black dots from looking at it, but still almost as bright as the sun, interesting, was just wondering if we may have seen the same object?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
An intriguing article regarding this phenomenon:

"On a daily basis WeatherWatch.co.nz receives around a handful of eyewitness reports of meteors and other lights in the sky, from nations all over the world. Some busy days we might get 10 eyewitness reports. However in the past 24 hours we've had almost 80 reports and they are still flooding in at about 10 an hour.

From New Zealand's Otago Peninsula, to Cape Town, Venezuela to the UK, Australia to North America those ringing in the New Year have seen flashing lights, "floating orbs" and "UFOS".

WeatherWatch.co.nz weather analyst Philip Duncan puts the dramatic increase in sightings down to a few things. "Many people around the world have been outside celebrating the New Year. In the US, where most of the sightings came from, conditions were fairly mild and dry in many areas - so more people were outside to see things. Finally, it's 2012, the year the world is supposed to end according to the Mayans and it seems many are already worrying ".

Link to full article: www.weatherwatch.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My only UFO sighting in my life was August 15, 2009. I gave a report to National UFO Reporting Center (nuforc.org) and was called by their director Peter Davenport. He interviewed me about it on Rense Radio. Davenport said there were a flood of calls that same night from all over the world reporting very similar sighting to mine. Orange/red fireballs or cirlces and most all of them moving in a south to north direction. Some of the other sightings were in Indiana, IL, Michigan, Colorado, California, Washington, Canada and also in UK. All around the same time I saw it or within a couple of hours. There were a bunch of reports in the suburbs of Chicago about 1.5 hours before my sighting and according to the witnesses, they were moving slightly from southeast to northwest, which was about the same direction I saw over Hayward, WI. Another hour after my sighting was a sighting in Canada to the northwest. I looked at map and drew a straight line across all three areas and they may have been the same fireball. Here is the report that I gave to Nuforc.

Bright reddish object flew directly overhead from South to North, moving like an airplane but with no sound. About 10:00 pm tonight I was sitting on my living room chair talking on phone when I saw a bright light out the picture window coming from southern sky, at first thought it was a helicopter but it was too bright so I ran outside into yard and it flew, a little faster than a plane would have, directly over our house right in the city of Hayward and as it passed over I saw that it was a circular object with a bright orange-red glow at the center with very dim lights going out to a circle and there was no sound whatsoever. I called my wife out and she also saw it as it was already passed our house but we both watched cruise North until it was out of view. It probably lasted nearly a minute for the whole sighting. We’ve had rain tonight and I checked the weather and the clouds are at 3,700 feet so it was somewhere below that level but at least 2,000 feet I would guess. There was no sound whatsoever so I know it wasn’t a plane or helicopter. I called local police to see if they had any reports, he mentioned meteor showers tonight but there was no way that was a meteor, moved way to steady in flight in straight line and height and too slow across sky and below the clouds.

One other thing, as it went directly overhead from me the light was more like a strange aura. It was moving in strange waves. Never saw anything like it and doubt I ever will again. After talking to Jeff Rense and Davenport, they figured my object was about the size of a 10x10 bedroom.

I was editor of the local paper at the time and I decided I wasn't crazy and I was going to write my weekly editorial about it. I had six other people come forward and tell me about seeing it that night as well. One was up north near Duluth, MN. Quite an experience!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

This is amazing stuff! The descriptions of these objects is all too common. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

Does “live a lifetime” mean anything to you? It may not, but had to ask.
It is related to a different experience I had after what I had witnessed...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ninetysixufo

I am not trusting enough of others to allow myself to be hypnotized.

Maybe the most important thing I can get from looking at this event is that I have no ambivalence in my feelings about intelligent extraterrestrial life. Maybe they aren't all negative, but I choose to err on the side of caution.

Personally, I think if an encounter ever did present itself, I would run as fast as I could as far away as I could, dig a hole to hide in and pull the hole in behind me just for good measure.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

I can understand. It would be a profound experience but could be dangerous. Who knows who or what it is or even if the technology is safe to be around. Caution is the best option.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

..I saw over Hayward, WI...

Wow feels like I just got kicked in the stomach. What I experienced took place within about ~110 miles of there. ugh

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Sorry to say that phrase doesn't mean anything to me, but you sure have me curious as to why you asked. I bet it would be interesting to find out if you'd share.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I was going to say that in the main, they could be just lanterns, but your tale is different. Was there any weathering going on at the time? For instance I have seen ball lightning, it has the same colour as a lantern in the night sky, but is very noisy, moves quickly and is very observable as opposed to brightness

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

Just trying to put two and two together, the second thing that happened is extremely foggy... just remember the words "this one will live a lifetime" the next thing I remember was being back in bed, this happened sometime after my experience with the ufo... that quote has bothered me for more than 35+ years
edit on 11/18/2012 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I didn't have an experience like that, but I did have one weird, bizarre occurrence that happened years later that gets my hackles up. It does this because it's like a complete non sequitur. It fit with nothing that happened before or after in my life.

When I was still in my early 20s I worked as a gas station attendant at night. One early evening I had 4 sets of customers waiting for service, and one dude leaning against the wall in the back, and he freaking looked like Hunter S. Thompson. He obviously wasn't him, but seemed to cultivate that image. So I'm ringing people up and blah when I get to the last set of customers, HST wannabe stands up from the wall, walks up behind those people, looks at me behind those sunglasses and says "John. John Doe. Mr. John Doe." (using my real name). I was shocked. I stopped what I was doing, I was flabbergasted and before I could even gather myself to say "Excuse me?" he had literally sauntered out the door.

It was a complete W...T....F moment. I wasn't sued or being sued, I wasn't in collections, nothing that would make any sort of sense. I never saw the guy again.

Has anyone had some weird thing like that happen? I swear it could have happened just yesterday how fresh it is in my mind.

Some people do weird things to get their kicks maybe? I have no freaking clue.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

Well that is weird!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here's a good story explaining a wave of orange UFO's. Chinese lantern or high technology?

On 4 September 2009, FT received a report from a witness in the Forest of Dean. He described how, while near Parkend, Gloucestershire, at 10.10 that night, he saw two orange, glowing lights drift across the sky and was able to snatch some brief footage with his HD video camera.

The case found its way to me and I was ready for it – because it represented perhaps the 50th such episode that I had logged in 2009.

Never in the field of ufology has the flow of sighting reports become so stereotypical. It’s been getting to the point where I feel I can finish an account for a witness after just a few seconds of their recollections, knowing all too well what they are about to tell me. It would be very bad investigation, but it’s hard to resist now that everyone and their cat seems to be seeing (and filming) the same fleet of UFOs cavorting across the skies.

Full article www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by The GUT

I was going to say that in the main, they could be just lanterns, but your tale is different. Was there any weathering going on at the time? For instance I have seen ball lightning, it has the same colour as a lantern in the night sky, but is very noisy, moves quickly and is very observable as opposed to brightness

You're pretty lucky to have seen ball lightning, smurfy.

In my case the weather was clear and no noise as far as we could tell and it was pretty huge.

I've read a lot about ball lightning over the years trying to figure out if our sighting could've been some extreme case, but I haven't found any description that comes close, though I have found some reports that claim BL can last longer than the usual seconds.

How close was the BL to you and how long did it last?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Does this look like the object you witnessed?

1967 - Pigeon Lake, Alberta, Canada. On the evening of July 3, Mr. Douglas Dennis, fishing at Pigeon Lake, near Buckhorn, was amazed by the appearance of a soft, orange-colored ball of light in the sky above him.
It descended quite low, and Mr. Dennis took his camera and snapped a color picture of the brightly luminous mass hovering in the air.

This remarkable night photograph clearly shows a round, luminous object directly overhead. Others present observed the object and Mr. Dennis photographing it
edit on 18-11-2012 by ninetysixufo because: Info missed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join