posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
Originally posted by neo96
Oh I wish they would send that tape to congress,. and the oval office.
Is that why we spend more (50%) on Corporate welfare than will do on any Social Welfare Programs.
The real welfare queens gobble up the money and then get away with paying no taxes.
Congress really protects their own cash cows. They refuse to cut any of these subsidies.
The Corporate Welfare State
A cause to unite the tea party and the Occupy Wall Street crowd.
As important as this economic damage is the corrosive effect that corporate welfare has on public trust in government. Americans understand that
powerful government invariably favors the powerful, who have the means and access to massage Congress and the bureaucracy that average citizens do
not. This really is aid to the 1% paid by the other 99%.
Yet the parade of subsidies gets longer each year, perhaps, as the old joke goes, because in Washington Republicans love corporations and Democrats
love welfare. As House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan puts it: "How can we save billions of dollars from unjustified subsidy and entitlement programs, if
we can't get corporate America off the dole?" OWSJ.com
Why no talk about the REAL welfare queens that have Congress in their pocket?
That's because these pundits who are also in the pocket of these corporations make sure to stay on message.
That message is that it's the "little guy" that is causing the "big problems".
It's shouted through just about all Conservative media.
edit on 18-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)