It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is why our country is going down the drain"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Yes, the bankers have to be taken care of as well.....both issues have to be addressed.

I see them as being at the top of the list right alongside corporations suckling at the government teet.
Definitely should be the top priority since both groups potentially do the most damage.

The guys like the one in that video just aren't on the same level as the corporate welfare queens.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Is that why we spend more (50%) on Corporate welfare than will do on any Social Welfare Programs.

Lie flat out lie current federal spending for ss,medicare,medicaid are near 2.5 trillion dollars,

www.usdebtclock.org...

The total owed to those programs are 121 trillion dollars including the prescription drug plan.

Read those numbers corporate assests are drawfed by household assets by the way

Yeah some people really do love their "cash cows" and the power over people it gives them for their votes.
edit on 18-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Well, I'm guessing that Judy made him admit to it on air in case the matter is ever prosecuted. But you are right, crap TV for crap audiences. I don't understand how shows like this have ratings...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by neo96
Don't see what the hell "banksters" have to do with op.

Did you read the title of the thread?
Watch the video? Get the implication?

That's not why our country is going down the drain.
The greedy banksters and crooks on Wall Street are what have contributed heavily to economic doom.

Corporate welfare > than these welfare fraudsters.

That's what the hell "banksters" have to do with the topic.

- Lee
edit on 18-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

The only reason they get away with it is because people who are like the one in the video are there to lap up the scraps they leave out for the dogs to chew on.

Same people who bought into the subprime mortgage schemes. "You means to tell me I is qualified for a houses?"

"Yes sir, I told u yous is stupid. Them guys at the banks says I can have any houses I want. No more chapter 8 for me. I is moving to the big time."

Justifying the actions of corrupt people at the top I'm not, however, encouraging to keep them in check, I am. And that means not jumping at every donut flung in front of your face.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

...this guy is a problem but not THE problem.
Not even close.

- Lee

Couldn't agree mOar.

There's a whole lot of stupid in this world, this guy just brings more of it together, to his own detriment, than most.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Stupid people? They've been around for eons.

CJ

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Did you read the title of the thread?
Watch the video? Get the implication?

That's not why our country is going down the drain.
The greedy banksters and crooks on Wall Street are what have contributed heavily to economic doom.

Corporate welfare > than these welfare fraudsters.

That's what the hell "banksters" have to do with the topic.

- Lee
edit on 18-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

The only reason they get away with it is because people who are like the one in the video are there to lap up the scraps they leave out for the dogs to chew on.

Same people who bought into the subprime mortgage schemes. "You means to tell me I is qualified for a houses?"

"Yes sir, I told u yous is stupid. Them guys at the banks says I can have any houses I want. No more chapter 8 for me. I is moving to the big time."

Justifying the actions of corrupt people at the top I'm not, however, encouraging to keep them in check, I am. And that means not jumping at every donut flung in front of your face.
Damn. You didn't even try to conceal your contempt for black people. Most of us don't talk like that. But hey, you let it be known how you think, and by the way, black people didn't corner the market when it came to buying into subprime mortgage schemes. As the saying goes in the ''hood''(you're gonna love this), ''Don't hate the player,hate the GAME''.

ETA: And that would be section 8, not chapter 8. In a live audience, that mistake would have ruined your skit.
edit on 18-11-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by poloblack because: Misspelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oh you do not know how right you are my friend. Allow me to add some very valid points to this conversation because, I, as you, believe that this is indeed proof of why our country is going down hill. A few of the many reasons anyway...

1: That stupid f**king kid!

2: That stupid f**king wanna be "judge."

3: All of the people who actually watch that crap.

4: The morons across this nation who would use that guy as an example for everyone within his generation's age group.

5: The people who actually believe what they see on television, especially a "court" show...

Yes, I agree with you very much, that kid is just a sad excuse for a human being. I'm pretty sure he's just a paid actor but believe what you want. The fact does remain that there are indeed many more just like him, both young and old. However, people like him should not and do not represent my generation as a whole. I do not willingly associate with anyone around my age who would not wish to have the chance to smack the living hell out of that idiot. And to be completely fair, at least here in the bible belt portion of the south where I am from, one will often find many people who are old enough to be that dudes parent or grandparent even, acting much worse than even he was on that television show.

A lot of the young adults are pretty stupid, it's true. Personally, I find it both disgusting and insulting, as do all of my friends. However, there still remains a significant portion of us who are nothing like that idgit and would prefer that older people stop acting as if we're all the same.

People often like to play the blame game and smack the "younguns" with the majority of the blame when in reality they are only just now being permitted any real influence on this country. To use a discovered moron as an example of a group as a whole is just plain silly and reeks of an extreme lack of the ability to logically process information. You don't see me using that old homeless drunk down the street who is always trying to beg me for money for liquor as an example of the people in his same age group do you? Our nation truly needs to stop doing such things because that is one of the many issues that is contributing to the fall of the nation.
It's not as much their fault as it is the fault of the preceding generations who taught them how to act, or to be fair, did not teach them how to act when they should have done so. That being said, there are indeed many idiots of that guys generation, obviously including himself, who truly do need to grow the f**k up. It's sickening!

The majority of the people who act as he does grew up in "middle class" families here in America. Yet amusingly enough it is that very same group, the "middle class," who like to blame the poor for stupid sh*t like this. /when in reality there is no "middle class" or "poor," we are all part of the same group, what those with the majority of this nation's wealth prefer to call the "lower class." TPTB orchestrated class warfare at its finest!

As far as Mrs. Judy is concerned, there isn't much to say really. I mean we all know that "woman" if you can call her that... is a joke. Why someone would use an episode of her television show as an example of anything, let alone why they believe that "our country is going down the drain," is beyond me.

The people who watch that show are often the people who are exactly like the ones who are staring in it. It's kind of like how the whole trailer park usually like to watch Jerry Springer and Cops. People seem to enjoy "entertainment" that depicts people much like themselves. In my opinion, you would almost have to be extremely moronic to want to waste your valuable time watching crap like that. Which is another great point as to why our nation may very well be "going down the drain."

Who cares about that woman's taxes? I mean really... That woman sees much more money in any given year than the majority of us combined will see in our lifetimes, just for making a complete fool of herself on television that is directed towards stupid poor people and stupid old people.

Should that boy have been paid "grant" money for anything? Judging from the way he conducts himself both on television and in court, I would say he probably shouldn't have been given a dime in the first place. "Most" people his age are not as dumb as him. Does that mean that nobody should be given help to seek that "education" that the generation before us has made a requirement for any of us who is not fortunate enough to be born into a well connected family to have before being eligible for a job? Absolutely not because that retard does not fairly represent his entire age group. He's just some idiot they put on TV... they do that a lot it seem.

In the end, the fact that people actually pay attention to the sort of crap we have been asked to watch in the op, does indeed make a good point that our country may very well be "going down the drain."
edit on 18-11-2012 by Anundeniabletruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Damn. You didn't even try to conceal your contempt for black people. Most of us don't talk like that. But hey, you let it be known how you think, and by the way, black people didn't corner the market when it came to buying into subprime mortgage schemes. As the saying goes in the ''hood''(you're gonna love this), ''Don't hate the player,hate the GAME''.

I never mentioned black people in my post. Your insecurity assumed that I was speaking about them. In fact my quote is the "Hillbilly Moron" my dad did as a kid. I can still hear his voice acting out little skits when I did something foolish.

But that's my "paw" for you...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You guys actually believe what you see on Judge Judy?

This place is worse than I thought.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I never mentioned black people in my post. Your insecurity assumed that I was speaking about them. In fact my quote is the "Hillbilly Moron" my dad did as a kid. I can still hear his voice acting out little skits when I did something foolish.

But that's my "paw" for you...
Au contraire, I'm not in the slightest bit insecure about myself, in any respect. That being said, I stand corrected concerning the context, and wording of your post, and I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"Insecurity" wasn't directed about how you feel about yourself, rather how you perceive others people might feel. But none the less I respect your response. And don't worry, I give believe in equal opportunity for stupidity. Personally I know more stupid white folk from rural towns than the successful black people I know. But that is personal, anecdotal, and besides the point.

Race doesn't really play into the capabilities of intelligence. Location, location, location. Low income areas unfortunately have a tendency to turn out misinformed people. Was this person from one of those areas who was turned onto social service programs?

The fellow in the video, is taking advantage of the system, without making use of it. Anyone who does that, in my opinion, is doing a larger disservice to themselves than they are the taxpayers they are defrauding.
edit on 18-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
WOW just freaking WOW, I wish I could have someone pay my rent and pay me to go to collage, But, I work so I can make 25,000 a year, so I can pay for morons like that to have a free ride, but see, I make too much to get aid. Damn, and he was going for the gusto, playing the guitar??? I'm all for the arts, but I believe if people were to get these grants, they have to get them for something that would make them a productive member of socity, like nursing.....just WOW
On a side note, I hope they threw his a$$ in jail for fraud,
edit on 18-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
WOW just freaking WOW, I wish I could have someone pay my rent and pay me to go to collage, But, I work so I can make 25,000 a year, so I can pay for morons like that to have a free ride, but see, I make too much to get aid. Damn, and he was going for the gusto, playing the guitar??? I'm all for the arts, but I believe if people were to get these grants, they have to get them for something that would make them a productive member of socity, like nursing.....just WOW
On a side note, I hope they threw his a$$ in jail for fraud,
edit on 18-11-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)
Man, I feel what you're trying to say, but, here's the real...your REAL tax dollars are NOT going towards ''morons like that''. You should be pissed, but your aim is misdirected.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Is that why we spend more (50%) on Corporate welfare than will do on any Social Welfare Programs.

Lie flat out lie current federal spending for ss,medicare,medicaid are near 2.5 trillion dollars.

No you are flat out confused.

I said social welfare programs.
Medicare and social security aren't welfare programs.
You're trying to REDEFINE welfare. Like the people benefiting from it are rolling in cash.

New lie: The government spends more on welfare than everything else!
Senate Republicans redefine "welfare" to make it sound very expensive

In the context of political discussions, “welfare” traditionally (as in pretty much always) refers specifically to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, the federal program that was created in 1996 to replace the Aid to Families With Dependent Children program — also known as “welfare” — that had existed since the New Deal. This is what people refer to when they say “welfare caseloads” and “welfare rolls,” and when conservatives accuse Obama of gutting “welfare reform” they are referring to TANF. The federal government spends $16.5 billion a year on TANF and, combined, the states spend another $10 billion. Salon.com

I'm talking about traditional welfare programs that the gentleman in that video is likely to benefit from.
Please know the difference before you call someone a liar.

Welfare Spending Nearly Half What U.S. Forked Out In Corporate Subsidies In 2006: Study

The government spent about $59 billion to pay for traditional social welfare programs like food stamps and housing assistance in 2006, while Uncle Sam doled out $92 billion in assistance to corporations during the same year, according to an analysis from Think By Numbers, a progressive blog. That means that big, and in many cases profitable, corporations got nearly double the money from the government that needy individuals got.
Huffpost

The Wall Street Journal estimates the current cost of corporate subsidies to be 200 billion in 2012.

Corporate welfare is the offer of special favors—cash grants, loans, guarantees, bailouts and special tax breaks—to specific industries or firms. The government doesn't track the overall cost of these programs, but in 2008 the Cato Institute made an attempt and came up with $92 billion for fiscal 2006, which is more than the U.S. government spends on homeland security.

That annual cost may have doubled to $200 billion in this new era of industry bailouts and subsidies. According to the House Budget Committee, the 2009 stimulus bill alone contained more than $80 billion in "clean energy" subsidies, and tens of billions more went for the auto bailout and cash for clunkers, as well as aid for the mortgage industry through programs to refinance or buy up toxic loans. OWSJ

- Lee

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

There are over 200 hundred million Americans on welfare in this country in various forms that has more greed and corruption than banksters or wall street ever thought about having,.

Now THAT is the flat out lie.
There isn't over 200 million Americans on welfare.

Even the Republican staff of the Senate Budget Committee are saying its around 110 million. Just two years ago the number was claimed to be 50 million people.

Even that number is dubious and relies on the redefinition of welfare. There aren't 100 million people on welfare, there is 100 million people living in households that receive some form of government money.

The real number is around 8% of Americans on welfare (food stamps included).
EIGHT PERCENT. Close to 30 million people.

That's people getting money directly from the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, people supported by Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).

According to the Census Bureau the number of people receiving SOME form of government aid hasn't changed much since Bush left office, in spite of the fact that people are acting like Obama created a massive welfare state on his own.

In fact, the Census Bureau reported that in the third quarter of 2008, under Bush, “nearly half of U.S. residents live in households receiving government benefits.”

Back then, Census reported that 44.4 percent of Americans received some sort of government benefits. That has risen to 49 percent under Obama as of the most recent figures available, and much of that modest increase is due to the aging Baby Boom generation reaching retirement age. factcheck.org

Oh and I thought we were talking about welfare fraud as being the problem, right?
That's what the video was about. This man lying and cheating the system.

What percentage of them are committing welfare fraud?
Have you even bothered to check the numbers?

The US Department of Labor claimed it wasn't even 2% in 2001.

Beyond that, there is NO statistical evidence to support the theory of widespread welfare fraud.

So how would this guy be the real problem why this country is going down the drain?

- Lee
edit on 19-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The above is the score that those who cry about banksters will never admit.
Reject!

It's about how much $ you have to live on.
Ask yourself who can afford to pay tax?
The rich want to have the cake (working society - making them more money) and eat it too (no tax to pay for this society).
Tell us all how that works - less tax % create greater tax revenues for the IRS. You've been doing that since Reagan and your country is now hurting badly. Trickle down crap JUST DON'T WORK!
So go on - tell us all about it...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Gwampo

CJ

hehe,

momma always told me, stupid is as stupid does

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

There are over 200 hundred million Americans on welfare in this country in various forms that has more greed and corruption than banksters or wall street ever thought about having,.

Wrong.

Here are the numbers:

Total number of Americans on welfare - 4,300,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance - 5,600,000

Percent of recipients who are white - 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black - 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic - 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian - 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other - 3.3 %

Now STFU....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Gwampo

CJ

hehe,

momma always told me, stupid is as stupid does

OMG.....Thank you for the laugh, I had to star you for that. Caught me off guard....and that doesn't happen very often, thank you again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join