It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I watch TV shows on the National Geographic channel about the stuff going on on our border. Why do we as Americans put up with this stuff? Mexicans smuggling drugs and people in our country. If a Mexican can make it back to the river their home free. Mexican citizens are undermining the security of our nation. The border patrol agents should shoot them on site if caught committing crimes. The constitution does not apply to them. They deserve no due process.

I live 5 miles from the Canadian border. If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them. I spend a lot of time on the boarder fishing the great lakes water ways. I've encountered boarder agents on a regular basis. We don't have nearly the amount of illegal activity up here.

Americans need to grow a spine and deal with Mexico. The amount of crime going on down south needs to be delt with.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

The real question to research is who ends up profiting the most from a badly controlled Mexican border and the "war on drugs".

I'll give you a hint... The US Government.

~Heff

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So we should shoot people trying to cross the border when all they want is to work to make money to care for their families?

As an American, I would gladly hop a fence to do the same for my wife and kids and would not shoot another Man for being like-minded.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Obviously its not as clearcut as you would like it to be. The mexican cartels are empowered by the dealers, dirty politicians, etc from this side of the fence.
Do you blame the drug dealer for your kid being on drugs?

But ya, we do need a more secure border..the only question is, how do we do that? build a 20 foot wall, they will make a 21 foot ladder sort of thing, and as said already, most people crossing the border aren't bad people..they are people looking for something..even a crappy job that doesn't even pay minimum wage, because its better than what they got...
And in their place, I reckon any one of us would be doing the same...sit in our own filth and near lawless area, or go over to the shiny city place with jobs, tolerance, great tv, etc...sort of a no brainer.

So, ultimately the long term solution is for us, the rich guys, to try and help them improve their economy so they don't see this side of the border as a zillion times better.

or we could simply buy mexico and it be our 51st state already.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals and our laws not being enforced. Many of these illegals have had previous arrests and deportations. Thousands of our citizens are without jobs while illegals are working here. And no, they are not just working on farms picking fruits and vegetables.

Illegal immigration is a huge problem here in America and many States are trying desperately to change things. Unless the feds do their jobs or all States have tough laws and enforce them, nothing will change.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Really ? Shooting at them?
Violence is not the answer

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
you make it sound like a multi-billion dollar drug cartel operation can't buy or rent a boat in san diego, take a 15 minute leisurely cruise to mexico amongst hundreds of other pleasure craft, dock in one of tijuana's thousands of docks, load up 200 pounds of coc aine and be back in san diego in time to pay a round of drinks and finish his turkey blt.

don't blame mexico, blame the cartels and the u.s. government for being stubborn and not really going after realistic solutions.

edit on 17-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

So we should shoot people trying to cross the border when all they want is to work to make money to care for their families?

Of course not.
I don't think anyone with a rational mind is suggesting something so absurd.

How about screening them though?
We do that now in order to protect ourselves and our children from predators.

My problem is that we know absolutely NOTHING about anyone who crosses into this country and takes up residence. No criminal background information at all. That's just simply not safe. A person with a history of violence left unchecked is just another time bomb waiting to happen.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

For every person coming over here to simply work, there is another person coming here to continue a criminal history with a new blank slate.

You can't ignore that fact, but still lock the fence or arm the alarm around your home at night.

As an American, I would gladly hop a fence to do the same for my wife and kids...

I wouldn't.

As an American I would follow the rules and laws of the country I wanted to enter in order to set an example for my family and simply apply for citizenship. Showing my family that you can simply shirk the rules and "sneak under the fence" in order to get by is simply setting them on a path of dishonesty.

That's how my family did it.
It was the loooooong way, but it did happen.
No one who values hard work would be afraid to do the same.

- Lee

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The War on Drugs..........

Made in the US
Sponsored by the US
and Controlled by the US

It's all about the profits. The police get a part, lawyers get a part, the prison gets a part etc....

But let's stay focused on blaming Mexico and its corrupt state.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The problem of this entire problem is multifold and goes back years, long before many of us were born.
It started in the 1940’s when the country invited the citizens of Mexico to come on over to help with the labor, as the US was involved in a war. But the US did not invite them to leave, and let them continue on. As the years went by, more and more came across. Combine that with those of the Columbians who used the Mexican’s as drug mules. Combine that with a corrupt government and officials that were bribed and taken. When the Columbian cartels fell, that left a vacuum that was readily expanded on by the Mexican government. That is one part of it. The next part of the problem is the US and its policies. The policy of not enforcing the laws, combined with the antiquated laws concerning the drugs and the FDA is another part of the problem. So much goes into fighting the drug war, that they fail to take into consideration one thing, the rehabilitation of the user. They go after the user, the put the user in jail, but not the treatment or the concern of actually helping the person get over their addiction. And then there is the Federal government playing choose and ignore with the illegal immigrant laws, and bringing the stuff in to get people hooked on it. It is a nasty triangle, and change has to start at home, not by demanding that the drug flow stops from south of the boarders. If there is no market, then where is the money going to come from?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It's not the Mexicans' fault! It's your fault. It's Operation fast and furious' fault.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

and a lot of them work harder than Americans. The mexicans that work on farms in the summer in Canada get paid so much less and work so much more just to get out of their misery and send money to their families.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
But let's stay focused on blaming Mexico and its corrupt state.

It's only because the corruption is more obvious and dangerous in Mexico.
Even the politicians there will attest to that.

Not too long ago there was a town where the fence was decorated with the heads of police officers, or two bloggers were gutted and strung up in public for even daring to talk about the drug violence.

Eventually a local news agency asked the drug dealers 'what do YOU want us to write about you'?

That really happened.
That's a bold and very sad statement.

I am sure there has certainly been heavy profiteering through the drug trade on behalf of the U.S., even if most of it is unprovable, but that doesn't negate Mexico's involvement either.

If I know that criminals and drug runners are coming into this Country very easily, then as a citizen I am going to be concerned about that fact and my safety. Honesty Mexicans wanting a new life should be submitted to a background check at the very least. That seems completely fair and rational to me.

It isn't just Mexico either.
South American gangs are coming into America THROUGH Mexico.

Its a complete mess.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
It's not the Mexicans' fault! It's your fault. It's Operation fast and furious' fault.

Really?

If I sent drugs and guns to your house, would you feel obligated to pick them up and use them?
What sort of 'honest and hardworking' person would do that?

Certainly not the 72 Migrant Workers from Central and South America who refused to work for the Mexican drug cartel and were summarily executed for it. They were brave and honest, and they should be honored for that fact.

Clearly the people who would use those weapons or drugs were already criminal by nature.
No need to make excuses for that fact or for other adults who can make their own decisions.

If they didn't get them from one place they would have from another.

- Lee

edit on 17-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: 'meh...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I watch TV shows on the National Geographic channel about the stuff going on on our border. Why do we as Americans put up with this stuff? Mexicans smuggling drugs and people in our country. If a Mexican can make it back to the river their home free. Mexican citizens are undermining the security of our nation. The border patrol agents should shoot them on site if caught committing crimes. The constitution does not apply to them. They deserve no due process.

I live 5 miles from the Canadian border. If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them. I spend a lot of time on the boarder fishing the great lakes water ways. I've encountered boarder agents on a regular basis. We don't have nearly the amount of illegal activity up here.

Americans need to grow a spine and deal with Mexico. The amount of crime going on down south needs to be delt with.

Yeah, because just shooting people always fixes the situation...

Ps, If your Mexican, feel free to send guns and/or drugs to MY house! I know a few Americans I could sell them too!
edit on 11/18/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Of course not.
I don't think anyone with a rational mind is suggesting something so absurd.

How about screening them though?
We do that now in order to protect ourselves and our children from predators.

My problem is that we know absolutely NOTHING about anyone who crosses into this country and takes up residence. No criminal background information at all. That's just simply not safe. A person with a history of violence left unchecked is just another time bomb waiting to happen.

- Lee

To what are you refering to exactly? Because legal immigrants are all subjected to rigorous background checks. You can't be refering to illegals, you can't require illegals to be checked! their illegal. That's the whole damn point! Lol

In fact, I'm SO sick of hearing the "criminal background" check for everything! It is the most discriminatory load of BS out there!. Only in some rare situations are they effective. You know how many felon's commited another violent crime last year? 52%. you know who commited the other 48%? Non offenders. That's a difference of 4% And it's remained that statisticaly close to each other Since we began discriminating against felons. That is a negligable difference that means nothing and insinuates nothing! It only proves that a felon is no more likely to re offend than a first time offender is. Because they're not a different class of people! they're like you and me.
edit on 11/18/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
OP, not all that try to illegally enter this country are criminals and are looking to smuggle in illegal drug contraband either. We had a company here in Pa that my brother worked for, that relocated their operations to Mexico solely for the reason that they could pay Mexican workers the U.S. equivalent of $2 per day - not per hour, and that they would be "happy" with that rate of pay. It's not even considered a good rate by today's standards in Mexico. Much of Mexico has an abysmal economy. Many try to leave to be able to provide for their families and give them a better overall life here, that they cannot obtain in Mexico. It's a pretty narrow-minded concept to have; lumping all that try to cross the border into the category of drug smugglers and criminals. I'm not Hispanic, but if I were, I would be very offended by your post.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The illegals that get into the country will ruin a decent neighborhood in a heartbeat, dealt with that on two occasions. I can't stand the 7 to 10 or more different vehicles & people coming in and out of one tiny house, and they disrespect everyone that lives nearby. Oh and when you try to be neighborly and discuss a problem, all of sudden they no speak English. F that.

End sub rant

I agree with OP but not on the part about shooting them. America needs to do a lot of things but it won't because there is always an alterior benefit of NOT doing what's right.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The United States banking system launders approximately 200 - 300 Billion per year for drug cartels. They have been doing this for many years. There is no profit for Banks and Governments allowing recreational drugs to be legal, they can be home grown and sold / bartered locally. There is massive profits in laundering funds for them though, but only if recreational drugs are illegal.

The Template for governments managing drug trade go back hundreds of years, a good example is the British control of India and Afghanistan poppies and drug trade and the wars Britain fought with China to force Chinese importation of Opium. Opium paid for the British expansion in the 19th century, and continues to fund British banking system, just as it does the US Banking system.
Just follow the money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join