It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Really? I have to type them out for you?

I should also add, some really do have experiences and skills in certain areas/sectors where other non-Mexican citizens don't. It's all employer specific really. Speaking Spanish and English for one can be very advantageous for an immigrant seeking employment. Add that to whatever skill he/she is doing, and you will quickly realize not many people can qualify for the position for less than $20. Prior to any Employer applying for sponsorship, they must adequately advertise for the position at a reasonable rate. If not, or you didn't run the add long enough, the application is denied and you start again.

It's not easy to get sponsorship, and like I said, it all depends on the employers needs. He can't afford $20/hr and no English person can do the job the way he likes. So what ends up happening is, he closes shop, gets incorporated in Mexico and hires someone for $20 there which is 260 pesos/hr. He gets a top notch professional above minimum wage standards and saves scads on a lease.

There goes a whole small business vs 1 Mexican immigrant.
edit on 18-11-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Any company can hire a non-citizen and submit a work visa legally, so the argument about the poor company having to close down is not based in reality, unless of course you can provide proof of such and injustice occurring. Still waiting on that list of jobs.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Any company can hire a non-citizen and submit a work visa legally, so the argument about the poor company having to close down is not based in reality, unless of course you can provide proof of such and injustice occurring. Still waiting on that list of jobs.

It's happening right now as I speak and I kid you not. $5000 for the shipping container and at the end of December, everyone is getting a permanent layoff notice. This is the harsh reality.

...yea you're pretty quiet now.
edit on 18-11-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How to solve the mexican problem
1. Have mexico give guns back to the people so they can protect themselves
2. Have the U.S stop sales of guns to cartels
3. Legalize marijauna
4. GIVE GUNS BACK TO THE PEOPLE

P.s im mexican

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I live in Rhode Island, nowhere near the border and there are places where we are required to speak spanish in order to get a job. If I moved to another country, I would never in a million years expect that they speak 'my' language.

This is because of the large Puerto Rican population in the north east...they are US citizens at birth, not immigrants. The USA has no official language, learn Spanish and adapt to your surroundings. or just stop complaining.

Sorry, but having spent 8 years having to listen to spanish day in and day out from my former job, this is a pet peave of mine. I felt like I left my own country.

Well, get over it. I lived around a whole bunch of Peurto Ricans and never knew Spanish, didn't bother me one bit. You seem Xenophobic.

Why are you comparing legal US citizens at birth (PRs) to Mexican immigrants in the first place?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What is the name of the company/business and where is it located?

Job list?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by foodstamp
You can't be refering to illegals, you can't require illegals to be checked! their illegal. That's the whole damn point! Lol

We have around 6 million illegal immigrants currently in this country.
They aren't going back home any time soon as most plan to stay. We need to accept that fact.

In case you haven't been paying attention to the current discussions on illegal immigration, we may not be sending them away at all. If we are going to be granting these illegal immigrants some form of amnesty it won't matter if they were here illegally or not since no one is planning on sending them back to where they came from.

So yes, you can require them to have a background check if they are planning on staying here under the umbrella of amnesty.

Under the Amnesty program as it is set out now, they ARE given the same background checks and have to follow the SAME criteria for citizenship. Just log onto immigration and customs to find out the program info.

If we aren't sending them home, then we need to know their criminal background at the very least.

That is what I am talking about.

Really? That's what your talking about? And how do you think that information will be used there honcho? To jot down a little notice of felony in their personell file? Or do you think it will be used to deport them from a country? Sheesh... You can't just generally blanket a whole portion of a population due to the records kept in a completely UNJUST country (Mexico) that have totally different felony laws than America.

I seem to have touched a nerve. Try and calm down.
You're clearly very emotional and taking this far too personal.
You're even arguing over positions I never even made.

No one said they are a different class of people or should be discriminated against but you.

The point I made was that it is important to know the criminal history of all people living within the United States or planning to do so for the safety of others.

An employer for example should be able to review an applicants background and determine if that background shows that person in a specific position could likely put other people at risk. We're talking about positions of trust and security.

If you're talking about positions of trust and security, then you've only confirmed my point. I said that same thing you did but in a much simpler way. However, background checks are used for jobs at the grocery store, McDonalds, Factory work, renting a home, renting an apartment, etc etc. You could argue that EVERY position is a position of "trust". And if you live in the REAL world, you already know this is happening where felon's are discriminated against at EVERY level. They can't work, they can't live, they can't eat. Mind you, this is AFTER they've paid their debt to society.

So go ahead and say I addressed points you hadn't already made.. Cause I knew you were about too and you just did..

It doesn't matter if they are a first time offender or a repeat offender. The employer needs to be able to review their background and based on it, make the best decision possible. Some positions are ruled out for certain types of offenses other may be more flexible. All cases are NOT the same.

Let me let you in on a little secret. You know that line on an application that says "Have you been convicted of a felony?" Then right after, it says "May not necessarily bar you from employment"? Well, let's put it in REAL terms. Joe felon (With 5 yrs exp) files an application, and John non felon (with 3 yrs exp) does too. WHO do you think is getting the job? The one with greater experience? Lol, please... I know firsthand this isn't the case.
Not too mention. The most mundane of jobs within your big name corporations will, again, IN FACT, Bar you from employment. You could have a 20 yr old felony for bad checks, it doesn't matter. End of story.

The statistical reality is that a felon is NO MORE likely to re offend than a NON OFFENDER is to offend. That's a statistical fact. So, In that case, checking ones background for everything should have NO bearing on one's decision to consider someone for something. It's a fact. It may makes sense in your head that people should run background checks on everything (or in your case, positions of "trust"). I understand that. But it is in FACT a logical fallacy. You can either accept that or argue it with no evidence to your case. It's up to you.

The alternative is zero background checks and that's just stupid.

Ignoring blatant statistical fact is just stupid.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xKatox
How to solve the mexican problem
1. Have mexico give guns back to the people so they can protect themselves
2. Have the U.S stop sales of guns to cartels
3. Legalize marijauna
4. GIVE GUNS BACK TO THE PEOPLE

P.s im mexican

Absolutely. We see over and over again, the highest rates of murder and gun violence in places where guns are outright banned. This is by design. Another fact that's ignored and argued by people over and over again. You want to end the violence in Mexico and it's spread into America? Legalize the drugs and/or let the goddamn citizenry defend themselves and establish rule of law.

But that won't happen cause everything is working the way it's supposed to... And that's a shame...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I go back to what I said earlier in the thread, when the illegals have no place to flee to they will be forced to fix the problems in their own country. Then there would be no reason to leave.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Where the hell do you think everyone in America gets all it's supply from??????

Quit the drugs, stop the pain!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by FlySolo

What is the name of the company/business and where is it located?

Pfft You're kidding right? All I can say is, Canada, it's my friend's business, he's trilingual, he's got a client list of over 300. His rent is 2,800 per month and without his right-hand man, he's going to go under. Either take it or leave it, but it's the hard truth. BTW, there are only so many work visas permitted annually.

Job list?

You want me to spoon feed you? Google it, how much easier can it get? You know exactly what I'm talking about

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Anybody know what the Mexican laws say if you cross into Mexico illegaly? Might want to research that little fact. The answer is quite interesting.

You are right, it is quite interesting, thanks lonegurkha...

-The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics."

- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment.

-Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

www.creators.com...

www.humanevents.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them.

I can assure you that the US is the last place we would try to sneak into.

As for the drugs coming into the US from Mexico, it's for the American market. If you didn't buy them there would be no need. Supply and Demand. Not to mention that a lot of times, it's an American caught smuggling drugs into America.

And for the immigration problem? Don't worry it'll slow down soon when the Mexicans realize that it's Americans sneaking into Mexico because of the Police State rising every day in the US. Then what?

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You would shoot at Canadians? Jesus.

lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them.

I can assure you that the US is the last place we would try to sneak into.

As for the drugs coming into the US from Mexico, it's for the American market. If you didn't buy them there would be no need. Supply and Demand. Not to mention that a lot of times, it's an American caught smuggling drugs into America.

Yeah sorry about that, it's our American duty to blame everyone else for our problems.

And for the immigration problem? Don't worry it'll slow down soon when the Mexicans realize that it's Americans sneaking into Mexico because of the Police State rising every day in the US. Then what?

Ron Paul made reference to this during the presidential debate. That border security is such an issue now because it will in fact be used to keep Americans within in the near future. Good debate. You should check it out. Google or Youtube "Ron paul border fence"
Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

lol.

He's a ruthless SOB eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

lol.

You make it sound like it is worse to shoot at Canadians than at Mexicans.

But they're all people.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

And? Are you insinuating to mimic USA laws off of a third world country's laws?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

lol.

You make it sound like it is worse to shoot at Canadians than at Mexicans.

But they're all people.

Holy crap way to twist my words into something I had put no thought into

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

OK just to recap, your friend is unable to find someone to replace his "right-hand man" who happens to be an illegal Mexican for the wage he's willing to pay anywhere in the entire country of Canada and is unable to even find another LEGAL immigrant because all the work visa are used up. And this individual is so vital that the company has to shutter without his valuable knowledge. And to top it all off this is the only company in the country that provides this product/service and now the 300 customers have no other outlet to go to.

Oh and I used google, yahoo, dogpile, and ask search engines and was unable to find this "jobs no one will do" list so I'm afraid you will have to spoon feed me your sage wisdom and give me the list please.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Carreau because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join