It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by foodstamp
You can't be refering to illegals, you can't require illegals to be checked! their illegal. That's the whole damn point! Lol
In fact, I'm SO sick of hearing the "criminal background" check for everything! It is the most discriminatory load of BS out there!. Only in some rare situations are they effective. You know how many felon's commited another violent crime last year? 52%. you know who commited the other 48%? Non offenders. That's a difference of 4% And it's remained that statisticaly close to each other Since we began discriminating against felons. That is a negligable difference that means nothing and insinuates nothing! It only proves that a felon is no more likely to re offend than a first time offender is. Because they're not a different class of people! they're like you and me.
Originally posted by wantsome
I watch TV shows on the National Geographic channel about the stuff going on on our border. Why do we as Americans put up with this stuff? Mexicans smuggling drugs and people in our country. If a Mexican can make it back to the river their home free. Mexican citizens are undermining the security of our nation. The border patrol agents should shoot them on site if caught committing crimes. The constitution does not apply to them. They deserve no due process.
I live 5 miles from the Canadian border. If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them. I spend a lot of time on the boarder fishing the great lakes water ways. I've encountered boarder agents on a regular basis. We don't have nearly the amount of illegal activity up here.
Americans need to grow a spine and deal with Mexico. The amount of crime going on down south needs to be delt with.
Originally posted by James1982
The easiest, most economical, most humane way to deal with this issue is to legalize the product the cartels are importing.
What is the cartel's strength? Money. How do you remove the money from the cartels? Remove the system that enables the cartels to make money IE drug prohibition.
American citizens are to blame. So many Americans are COWARDS who are SCARED of their fellow country men and women being able to consume whatever they want to consume.
We have the ability to kill the Mexican cartels, it's easy, it's fast, it will help Americans and Mexicans, yet the American government doesn't want to do it. Ever ask yourself why? Ever ask yourself why HALF the people in US prisons are there for crimes with NO VICTIMS? Ever ask yourself how it's possible to have a crime without a clear victim? HINT: It's not.
edit on 18-11-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Carreau
Well, the rich people that benefit from it all, live in a totally different world than us. Literally. I have done lots of construction work in the places they live, like Greenwich CT, Martha's Vinyard etc. These problems don't touch them any, they got top notch police forces, gated communities with armed guards. Chaufers and butlers that are also armed guards. Some of these places have their own schools and stores within the gated communities. They don't have to worry about being robbed, carjacked or mugged. They don't care about the rest of us.
Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by wantsome
So we should shoot people trying to cross the border when all they want is to work to make money to care for their families?
As an American, I would gladly hop a fence to do the same for my wife and kids and would not shoot another Man for being like-minded.
Originally posted by mwood
Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Of course MOST of the bleeding heart, feel good illegal sympathizers do not live in a border state and have to deal with the problems like we do.