It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

How about NZ, is that a 3rd world country?

Penalties
The Immigration Act 2009 provides penalties of up to seven years’ imprisonment and a $100,000 fine for immigration fraud.

If residence status was obtained through immigration fraud a person risks being deported.

A person who has procured citizenship on the basis of immigration fraud can be deprived of their citizenship.

edit on Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:35:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

The real kicker to your story is that you base your judgement on TV shows on National Geographic to assume that your border is out of control and crazy smuggling is happening.
Way to go in life man! And by the way, it would be more plausible that you would cross our border to feed on our healthcare but differently from you, we will not shoot you for doing so. Well most of us won't that is

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

And? Are you insinuating to mimic USA laws off of a third world country's laws?

Oh, gosh, that's right, Mexico is a third world country, I forgot, thanks for the reminder.

No, you are right, we are a first world country and we should be more advanced somehow, right?

We certainly don't want to forget that now do we? That kind strictly structured way of viewing the world, as cultures being more or less developed and being given a number designation for the sake of convenience and speed of identification is what has kept the world in such great shape so far.

Who will we take pity on and shower with our help and assistance if we run out of third world countries?

Glad you were around.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by FlySolo

OK just to recap, your friend is unable to find someone to replace his "right-hand man" who happens to be an illegal Mexican for the wage he's willing to pay anywhere in the entire country of Canada and is unable to even find another LEGAL immigrant because all the work visa are used up. And this individual is so vital that the company has to shutter without his valuable knowledge. And to top it all off this is the only company in the country that provides this product/service and now the 300 customers have no other outlet to go to.

Oh and I used google, yahoo, dogpile, and ask search engines and was unable to find this "jobs no one will do" list so I'm afraid you will have to spoon feed me you sage wisdom and give me the list please.

You are being quite obnoxious aren't you? I gave you a real-world situation exactly as it happens and you still want to debate it with me? Get over yourself. He's tried to get sponsorship twice and now he's going back. My buddies ARE the business smart guy. I don't know what's worse. Involuntary ignorance or just plain ignorant on purpose. I think you fit both.

Google harder.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You really are grasping at straws aren't you? Google harder. I'm not being ignorant but I see once you are confronted you lash out with insults. You made use of the tired cliche of "jobs no one will do" and now run from the ability to name a single occupation that fits that category. I am not in denial, I restated back to you the situation you presented in a way that made it obviously how unrealistic it is as you have presented it and now you're angry. I understand. But don't take it out on me. If your conversation skills and words fail you, well try harder.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You really are grasping at straws aren't you? Google harder. I'm not being ignorant but I see once you are confronted you lash out with insults. You made use of the tired cliche of "jobs no one will do" and now run from the ability to name a single occupation that fits that category. I am not in denial, I restated back to you the situation you presented in a way that made it obviously how unrealistic it is as you have presented it and now you're angry. I understand. But don't take it out on me. If your conversation skills and words fail you, well try harder.

I'm not angry at all. Just pointing out the obvious. As for the cliche, I'm already two steps ahead of you. You've obviously had these conversations before if you call them cliche. Which means you know exactly what jobs I'm talking about. I'm not going to be redundant just so you can feel better. You have a point about those jobs? Out with it then.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have no idea what jobs you are referring to I have heard that line on TV, radio, and read it in political debates, but have never heard anyone actually list these jobs. Since you claim to know them I would really appreciate it if you would tell me what they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by Night Star

I live in Rhode Island, nowhere near the border and there are places where we are required to speak spanish in order to get a job. If I moved to another country, I would never in a million years expect that they speak 'my' language.

This is because of the large Puerto Rican population in the north east...they are US citizens at birth, not immigrants. The USA has no official language, learn Spanish and adapt to your surroundings. or just stop complaining.

Sorry, but having spent 8 years having to listen to spanish day in and day out from my former job, this is a pet peave of mine. I felt like I left my own country.

Well, get over it. I lived around a whole bunch of Peurto Ricans and never knew Spanish, didn't bother me one bit. You seem Xenophobic.

Why are you comparing legal US citizens at birth (PRs) to Mexican immigrants in the first place?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

I said 'illegals', I worked with illegals, not citizens from Puerto Rico!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Sigh. I'll bite. Farming. Ok, so now what was it that you so vehemently wanted to say about that?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

No clue what you're going on about. I could care less about Mexican immigration policy. Mexico is not the USA.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Farming. A job NO ONE WILL DO. I don't have to make my point you made it for me.

Is that the only one, you used the plural JOBS?

And here I thought ATS was about denying ignorance not perpetuating it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Farming. A job NO ONE WILL DO. I don't have to make my point you made it for me.

I really don't know what you're talking about
This discussion doesn't really have any direction. Oh, further to plural if you want to get technical. It DOES take more than one person to farm you know eh?

Man! what is your point?
edit on 18-11-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I expect the Canadians feel very similar to you!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I watch TV shows on the National Geographic channel about the stuff going on on our border. Why do we as Americans put up with this stuff? Mexicans smuggling drugs and people in our country. If a Mexican can make it back to the river their home free. Mexican citizens are undermining the security of our nation. The border patrol agents should shoot them on site if caught committing crimes. The constitution does not apply to them. They deserve no due process.

I live 5 miles from the Canadian border. If Canadians were doing this stuff I myself would be shooting at them. I spend a lot of time on the boarder fishing the great lakes water ways. I've encountered boarder agents on a regular basis. We don't have nearly the amount of illegal activity up here.

Americans need to grow a spine and deal with Mexico. The amount of crime going on down south needs to be delt with.

There aren't any Canadians eager to cross the border.
edit on 18-11-2012 by KGTR312 because: edit

edit on 18-11-2012 by KGTR312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

And alot of those illegals are also of European decent (sorry if spelled wrong). You can't say that all the illegals are mexican. Sure the majority are, but lump in the Euros in with the rest of your percentage.

Or is it all right because it's all white.

Oh, and let's not forget the illegal Asians and other non Euro folk.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Anybody know what the Mexican laws say if you cross into Mexico illegaly? Might want to research that little fact. The answer is quite interesting.

You are right, it is quite interesting, thanks lonegurkha...

-The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics."

- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment.

-Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

www.creators.com...

www.humanevents.com...

Now isn't that interesting, Found this out a while ago. Nobody ever thinks about how the mexicans deal with illegals. Why aren't we the same? Thanks for checking it out. Most here didn't. Gave you a star wish I could give you more. You deserve it.
edit on 11/18/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Farming includes like 40 different jobs. all jobs that require thousands of jobs on a national scale. So yeah, that's a lot of jobs. Not too mention. Fishing, less than min wage factory work and many others.

Let us not forget that the same employers who hire illegals are also the same employers that are violated the min wage standard. There defense? They can't stay in business without violating it.
Again, let's attack the source of the problem. Business's that have no loyalty to America or it's citizens. Mexicans wouldn't come if their wasn't less than min wage work for them to do. It's a supply and demand issue just like drugs. The fault is on the part of the Americans. Mexican immigration is just a symptom of that problem.

You really want to tackle the REAL source of the problem then let's look to the FED for devaluing the dollar to next to nothing. After all that's the source of almost ALL the issues.
edit on 11/18/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As a citizen of this country if I break the law I go to jail. Don't give me that crap that Mexicans are doing jobs Americans won't. I know plenty of Americans out of work that would do those jobs for minimum wage. People that hire illegals should be fined and thrown in jail. I have no sympathy for drug runners and human smugglers. If caught they should be shot on sight.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
for anyone too dense to realize,...

we "put up with it" because it's more than accepted its part of the policy and we promote any illegal activity you see on our southern border.

what you see as a "pathetic attempt to deal with it" is all just an act to make you think that we don't approve and are trying to do something.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
As a citizen of this country if I break the law I go to jail. Don't give me that crap that Mexicans are doing jobs Americans won't. I know plenty of Americans out of work that would do those jobs for minimum wage. People that hire illegals should be fined and thrown in jail. I have no sympathy for drug runners and human smugglers. If caught they should be shot on sight.

They're doing the jobs that Americans won't cause the employers are paying less than min wage. both side are forgeting a whole half of the argument. Sure an american might do a job for Min wage. But they WONT do anything for 3 bucks an hour.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join