It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia will back Egyptian efforts to end Israeli aggression: Putin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I too am confused by Russia's stance on this. There's undeniable evidence that Assad is slaughtering his own people, and Russia just makes noise about a ceasefire. But this seems like the right move to make when it comes to Israel.

I think people need to look at this more cautiously. I don't trust Putin any more than I trust any leader (and that's not much across the board from the US to Australia), but they haven't actively supported Assad, they have repeatedly called for an end to the conflict and criticised outside involvement.

Supporting Egypt in their stance with Gaza and Israel could restore a lot of faith the Arab nations have lost in Russia. Perhaps that is their goal here?

Either way, people are reading far too much into these statements. Leaders always make noise about involving themselves and they leave it open as a military threat. It's about translation. No nation has stated that they will attack Israel, just that they will do everything they can to end it. That could just as easily be through talks and diplomacy.

Don't automatically assume that a nation involving itself is a threat of war, it's noise, putting feelers out and judging the atmosphere, left open to be interpreted in several ways by others.

All I've heard is several nations saying Israel is using excessive force, and that they need to stop, that these nations support the Palestinians. None of those statements mean "we are going to attack you if you don't stop".

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
All I've heard is several nations saying Israel is using excessive force, and that they need to stop, that these nations support the Palestinians. None of those statements mean "we are going to attack you if you don't stop".

Star

This last paragraph can be applied to many other countries in the region and is multifaceted

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Before discounting Russian support......remember it was RUSSIAN anti aircraft missiles that nearly destroyed the Isreali airforce in the last egyptian war in the Sinai, and if it werent for an audacious crossing of the Canal by Isreali armour to neutralize that anti aircraft capability the war was virtually lost to Egypt.....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So now Russia is going to support the Muslim Brotherhood as well?

We all know how pro Islamic the Kremlin is. Just ask all their citizens in Chechnya.

lol, yeah ok, well that comment could silence a room. made me laugh though.
cheers to you sir.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I meant to delete that, I do understand the hatred for Israel, I just meant that it's very sad that it has to come down to that kind of virulent hatred.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Either do something about it "Russia/Egypt" or SHTFU !!!!

Honestly all this Saber rattling and no action. Obviously this would lead to WW III , so if ish is supposed to go down this way, either get it out the way so we can rebuild and restart humanity anew, or go back to your countries and SHTFU....

Seriously, the Jews fighting the Arabs over land is 2000-3000 years old. There will be no end in sight to that calamity over there, EVER!!!!!

The only Hope I see for mankind is either Divine intervention, a day where everyone reaches Enlightenment, or we advance so much intellectually and technologically, that we blast off from here and inhabit a new Earth like planet, forbidding both Arabs and Jews to go with is ....in turn, creating a whole new place of peace...

...and we leave the rest of the fighting folks here to blow each other up
edit on 17-11-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Whatever Pukin decides to do, Obama will let him.
He has more flexibility now.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sorry meant the Taliban,cia just funded al qeada,the Americans do so many deals with the "bad guys" i lose track

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Russia will do diddly squat but talk and threaten.

IMHO.

Why should Russia get involved in Israeli and Hamas fight. Why should Russia get involved in Egyptian and Israeli war? Do Egyptians buy lots of Russian stuff? Nopes, not any more. Russia is better off staying on the sidelines.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Oh......!! Believe me there is going to be Divine intervention. And it will be one heck of a show.

The stage is set, the actors are in place, and the curtain is about to be drawn.

And yes, I am going to feed you a prophecy from the Bible. It's a good read... for even the most heathen around these parts.

This fairy tale....as most of you would call it, is unfolding right before our eyes!

Make sure you read it, before you spit the ignorant fire that I know will come because I quoted a passage from the Bible.

It's two chapters, but I know you can do it

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Years back, Web Bots predicted something they called "the Israeli mistake". Israel goes too far and it leads to a world power showdown, involving the Rothschilds. When push comes to shove, the Rothschilds decide to sacrifice Israel. Five cities in Israel are turned to glass and the dispute is settled. I've sacrificed a few pawns, in my day. How bad does it have to get before Israel steps over the line?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebabyseagull
Sorry meant the Taliban,

Fair enough.

Same question...

Name one battle or source showing where Taliban fought the Russians.
Then we'll try this again.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

How come they didn't say al qaeda or taliban there?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Instead of spending 100s of millions in troops mobilization and much more in the war, Israel should get more of the Iron Dome type systems. This might result in 99% of the rockets getting intercepted in the air before they do any damage.

Palestinians are foolish in attacking with rockets that do little harm but in turn invite a whole wrath of the IDF. Why can't Palestine people accept Israel for its current borders and call it quits to all the nonsense geopolitics in that area. No one is stopping them from visiting their holy Islamic shrines in Jerusalam. Or may to constantly fight is the Islamic culture, when not fighting with others, then pick a fight among ownselfs. Stupidity!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it does not seem to be getting much attention.

This comment was written more than 11 months ago on a youtube video:

"Several nights ago I had a dream that was very vivid. It showed a DETAILED map then showed chaos in Gaza. Then the map again with a big arrow showing an ATTACK on Israel by Egypt!!"

Here is the link to the video:

www.youtube.com...

Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ummmm who cares what Russia backs? That doesnt mean #. The cease fire that is in the works is backed by the US, Turkey, Qatar and Egypt. I dont see Russia anywhere in that LMAO!!
edit on 17-11-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't confirm the Press TV reports is Credible Intel.....they are always posting against Israel

It's look like a Children cry for a toy

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Except Hamas stated this is now an open conflict. So if that where the case I'm sure Hamas would let us know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Backing Israel and Zionists ????

They are murderers and thieves. And as Jesus described future Zionists as
members of the synagogue of Satan.

Israeli Illegal Settlements, and the people they made homeless.

They made a swiss cheese out of West Bank, and shrunk the Gaza Strip

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

O.k am wrong,i realized this after about two minutes reading,what i think i was getting was u.s supported the afgans against the russians. Taliban took control some time after,i think i was getting mixed up with a Rambo film,i thank you for helping me notice a glaring fault in my knowledge.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join