It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel." Is this now inches away from WW3?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Two major Israeli newspapers are reporting that rockets fired from Egypt have hit Israel. "Terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula launched rockets into Israel Friday night," reports the Jerusalem Post. "The rockets fell near an Israeli village on the southern border, causing some damage, but no injuries." The Israeli daily Haaretz reports, "Rockets fired from direction of Egypt toward Eshkol Regional Council."

Havent been on in a long time but with this heating up and now military action from Egypt, I think this is worse than the normal 'mid east violence". Wife and I disagree, she amounts this to same ole same ole, but I think and feel something different this time. Wanted to come here to get the best thoughts on this. so ATS'ers much ado about nothing, or something more?

www.weeklystandard.com... ypt-hit-israel_663502.html
edit on 17-11-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Just another problem for Obama to pretend doesn't exist.. "Bombs from Egypt? I don't see any bombs. Now everybody, just go chit chat on your phones and have some food stamps on me ok?"

You know although I don't agree with getting the US's hands dirty, isn't there such a thing as diplomacy these days? If Obama is such a great sweet talker, why don't he use it for something worthwhile for a change?
edit on 17-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Do you have a link for this article?
I would like to read a bit more in depth.

Thanks,

- Lee

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I honestly think diplomacy might have worked with obama 8 years ago. But we live in a different world. Those who remember me from my days of heavy posting here know I'm a dem and a big supporter of diplomacy always. But this just doesn't feel like a world where diplomacy will work anymore. Sad state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Do you have a link for this article?
I would like to read a bit more in depth.

Thanks,

- Lee

Oops, like i said, its been a while. OP edited with link

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
BBC live coverage

I guess events will unfold as they must. It makes me very grateful to live in a country where bombs aren't falling from the skies.

Beyond all the politics are real people and families having their lives ruined or ended.

I'm a moderate man and can't see a solution to these conflicts.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
They pulled the " rope- a-dope".

A friend of mine was on ATS when I went by his house today. He was talking about this Israel conflict and it suddenly hit me.

"Hey look everybody, here's Iran. Everybody focus on us bombing Iran".

And when everybody was thinking about Iran, wham they was planning on fighting the rest of the middle east.

It is all planned out. I am convinced of that.

Do we have confirmation that it was Egypt. Or was it idiots in Egypt. I am on a cell phone so. Cannot click on all links The gf gets PO'd. She says I use up all of her memory clicking links..lol
edit on 17-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: when friggin phone and fat fingers

edit on 17-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
A few years ago with their ginned up war with Lebanon, it was shown that the IDF fired katyusha rockets from the border into their own territory to fall harmlessly, of course away from populated areas.
But, it did get that war going.

Now, they do the same from the Golan Heights from the "evidence" shown on tv.
They looked like ground based explosions and NOT fired from any rockets as claimed.

It is not outside the realm of possibility to imagine they would stand on the Sinai and do the same and
of course blame the ubiquitous terrorists and name Egypt the sponsor,

It's who they are it's what they do.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't think we can call the rockets acts of terrorism at this point.
Clearly these groups are at war. They have been for some time.

Well...let the games begin.

We all know how this will end, don't we?

Not well.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yea, I think it all depends on if these rockets were from Egyptian military or just some crazies living in Egypt. Big difference in terms of discerning escalation or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Could be the start...it does seem as though a very calculated strategic game of chess is being played out before our eyes. While wild speculation abounds, these maneuvers from Israel reek of planned out moves, much like a game of chess.

But the game has changed. With the advent of new technologies such as infrared, and such we are seeing them implemented live. Yet much is still quite clandestine, behind the scenes, behind closed doors decisions are being made and the world as we know it is changing.

The things we are not seeing by watching live feeds, and reading tweets and blogs are the things that we should be paying attention to. Such as motivations by other parties not so out in the open...the U.S. is backing Israel. Are they also providing satellite, stealth, and drone intel? We can see through walls, and can easily tap communication networks, and have many, many operatives that are classified that are not known or talked about.

And so do other countries. It is made to appear as though nobody truly knows what is happening as events unfold, yet behind the scenes there are real time spy networks that are working overtime to ensure successful operations.

Yes, a game is being played, and we are barely scratching the surface as to what is truly happening for sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Tweets? Blogs?

I am afraid that the dubious sanctity of "tweets" as being genuine on the scene by ordinary Israeli citizen's reports is a fallacy. Likewise blogs.

The IDF and Mossad use these platforms to sway public opinion.

As a matter of fact, I first got hip to the use of "fake twitter" accounts in the alleged take down of bin Laden affair.
Just to show that it is not a psy-op exclusive to Israel.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
" Is this now inches away from WW3?"

No.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
" Is this now inches away from WW3?"

No.

Care to elaborate? Or is that all you are willing to bring to the table?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Yep. You are exactly right. The amount of information is confusing and staggering. Watch the left hand while the right hand goes unnoticed. Information is controlled, psyops abound, and conflicting reports are the norm. While what is truly going on remains shrouded...trust nothing and noone, especially the propaganda networks.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Yea, I think it all depends on if these rockets were from Egyptian military or just some crazies living in Egypt. Big difference in terms of discerning escalation or not.

I highly doubt they're from the Egyptian military.

I wasn't talking solely about the ones allegedly coming from Egypt though, I was talking about any of these rockets fired at Israel. The rocket attacks from the article states they were fired by terrorists, but this is obviously connected to agents of Hamas and at this point both sides are engaged in a war. They are acts of war.

I don't believe these rockets allegedly fired from Egypt were done so by some random nut with a grudge, anymore than the bomb that blew up the Hamas leader was fired by some crazy Israeli citizen. I think they were most likely fired by Hamas militants in the area in retaliation to the recent bombings by Israel.

I suppose the next question would be if they are being harbored and protected by the Egyptian government?

Israel could move the bombings into Egyptian territory to retaliate.

That's where things could get messy.

- Lee
edit on 17-11-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I read a post on another thread repeating this canard about the Benghazi kerfuffle.
"The terrorists had posted threats on their facebook page"
LoL.

You see these social media were invented as data collection sites but also, to deciminate disinfo.
That might be the greater and more incidious danger of them.
People consider that which they read on Twitter and Facebook as more believeable info than the MSM.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The Sinai is a hot bed for terrorist groups so before any of you get excited it was'nt from the Egyptian military!
edit on 17-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
During the 1967 Six Day War, Israel took the Sinai Peninsula and Gaza from Egypt, took the Golan Heights from Syria, and took the West Bank from Jordan. In six day Israel decimated her enemies and quadrupled here territory, even though they were out number 10 to 1.

In 1969 the Egyptians got military assistance from the Soviet Union and attempted to retake the Sinai. But instead of them retaking the Sinai, the Israeli Army kicked the # out of the Egyptians and there Soviet advisers. An Israeli Tank Column lead by Aerial Sharon crossed the Suez Canal and were moving to take the Egyptian Capital of Cairo.

At this point the Soviet Union was about loose their Egyptian Ally so they were quickly moving to deploy troops of their own. But President Richard Nixon wanting to avoid World War Three managed to get the Israeli to back down and stop their advance and arranged a seize fire.

Then in the Late 1970s President Jimmy Carter got Egypt and Israel to form a peace treaty in which in exchange for peace the Israels give back the Sinai Peninsula. However the Israels made it clear that if another conflict were to ever break out, they would keep what ever they took.

Israel may be small but she is a powerful military force. The only force in the region that holds a candle to her is Turkey. The current leadership of Egypt (Muslim Brotherhood) may want a war with Israel but I know for a fact the the Egyptian Military want no part of it, the generals remember what happened last time and know that they won't fair much better this time around.

Hopeful Cooler head will prevail, but then again maybe not.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Human beings doing what we do best

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join