It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel." Is this now inches away from WW3?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
ATS has become war-mongering central!

I swear some people are praying for war, with no idea of the consequences for everyone.
edit on 17-11-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Well, it's kind of messed up, but it is how some people view the world. Of course, you are right to understand the sanctity of human life and all life and this is a great gift. Many are blind to this, even me at times.

But it looks like war is coming to me. Israel must have been calculating this for a while, and I'm sure it is only the first step in an efficient military operation. The funny thing is, no one else saw it coming - man, they must have a good spy network.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

And here I thought we only had "a small talent for war"!
Practice makes perfect.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

How can you say that freedom12? I haven't seen one post on this thread
fomenting war. All I see is people discussing the info coming out of the MSM and what it "could" possibly mean.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Exactly, I dont see how this thread is purporting any war mongering. Its all just discussion based on deciphering the facts.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by fltcui

Exactly, I dont see how this thread is purporting any war mongering. Its all just discussion based on deciphering the facts.

The title itself adds to the hyperbole. We all know it was not the Egyptians the group that did it will either be taken through the cooperation of the Egyptian and Israeli militaries. This happens fairly often and is on news no because with the dust up in Gaza people can start running around screaming WW3 again.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Saying this is a war mongering thread is the same as calling someone a racist....it's an attempt to shut down conversation and make people feel guilt.

Discussing reality is not war mongering.
edit on 17-11-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
why not say the truth?

terrorists in the sinai ......thats how the OP should of started

but yea implicate egypt...thats is what egypt wants

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

oh I consider that wind is bringing that rockets which were given to terrorists for attacking Syria !?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

I swear some people are praying for war, with no idea of the consequences for everyone.

DOOM.

Most are waiting for the end of the world, some want to see self-fulfulling prophecies of the Middle East, some enjoy the sensationalism of it all.

DOOM.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
but honestly if you had a couple of tubers under the bed who could resist the opportunity of letting those baby's rip

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
the constant barrage of lies thrown at us from everywhere and everyone all the time is exhausting, i mean, F, it's no wonder we're conspiracy nuts you know? we really do have to come up with our own conclusions and reasons for whatever.. we'll never know what's going on until we see our soldiers shipping out to the ME but i do see this as our doorway into attacking iran before they are able to make the bomb just like bush's weapons of mass destruction so yeah i'm sure we're definitely going over to "help" israel.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The rhetoric from all sides is primarily political, not honest. Egypt might be saying they want Israel to stop, but that doesn't mean they're ready to start shelling. The same with Russia, just because they agree that it has to stop doesn't mean they plan to fire-up any engines.

The situation in Egypt is very complicated, because although we see the progress, there are still factions there that make it less stable than it could be. The idea that the Egyptian military was responsible for firing under instruction of the government is a little weak - and Israel knows that, or they probably would have responded with more force.

However, I do believe that Israel should really be considering their position and the support for their actions right now. If all parties acting in defence of Gaza decide to coordinate an attack on Israel's forces to stop them, they probably wouldn't last long.

Yes, that might illicit a response from the US, but would the US really be risking all-out war with Russia over Israel's actions? I don't think that's plausible at all. People might think the US has Israel's back right now, but that situation is only maintained "in theory" and while America isn't actively involved.

Can anyone here seriously see America rushing to Israel's defence if Russia joined Turkey, Jordan and Egypt in a coordinated strike on Israel's forces? I mean that seriously. Forget your flag-waving, over the top American pride BS, and really think about whether that would be wise or sensible.

There are a lot of Americans who think their military is the mightiest and would go up against a force like that in defence of Israel, but I don't think that's realistic, and it wouldn't be in the best interests of the American people either.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm guessing it would matter what he did… To you

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Just another problem for Obama to pretend doesn't exist.. "Bombs from Egypt? I don't see any bombs. Now everybody, just go chit chat on your phones and have some food stamps on me ok?"

You know although I don't agree with getting the US's hands dirty, isn't there such a thing as diplomacy these days? If Obama is such a great sweet talker, why don't he use it for something worthwhile for a change?
edit on 17-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT OBAMA

Effin let it go man.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It started with an assassination of a leader of the minority apartheid by the oppressor state.
That's what happened.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This "war" has been ongoing for thousands of years... do I think this is something different... my answer is it"feels" different. If you follow the bible, then your answer will be peace will come and the temple rebuilt a third time and that's when we are all in real trouble.. until then there are no victors.. the issue isn't black and white , there are no good guys and bad guys... it's business as always over that patch of dirt...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

WHO CARES!!! Let them kill each other... I'm sick of this stupid fighting, and all this doom and gloom, its getting soo old and boring... I say if middle eastern people want to fight let them..they come over here and have us ban our Christmas trees and fight our way of life too... so F**K em I said... I hope they do!

Love from Canada

Oh isnt this part of that Nostradamus prophesy crap?
edit on 17-11-2012 by darrylss because: more ideas

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Talks are underway for a ceasefire, sorry no WW3, can you please relax now.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Why do you say that...or are you one of those who just say Why can't we all just get along, peace and love and other rhetoric.

The world needs to step back and let the involved parties take care of business to their satisfaction.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join