It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Report: Rockets Fired from Egypt Hit Israel." Is this now inches away from WW3?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
israel definitely seems to be in the mood to start a war with somebody and I don`t think there is anything anyone can do to stop them.
I wonder who is really behind all of this pulling the strings?

The people really behind all this is Israel themselves. After all it is them trying to defend themselves against rocket attacks.

Nothing will come from Egypt except very good humus.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
A few years ago with their ginned up war with Lebanon, it was shown that the IDF fired katyusha rockets from the border into their own territory to fall harmlessly, of course away from populated areas.
But, it did get that war going.

Now, they do the same from the Golan Heights from the "evidence" shown on tv.
They looked like ground based explosions and NOT fired from any rockets as claimed.

It is not outside the realm of possibility to imagine they would stand on the Sinai and do the same and
of course blame the ubiquitous terrorists and name Egypt the sponsor,

It's who they are it's what they do.

Right before Israel cut all communications I watched Hamas rockets launch out of Gaza city very close to the darn video feed all night long on Ustream so go push that crap somewhere else. It was like they had rocket launcher in homes and apartment buildings deep with in the city. Guess what? Israel did not strike back in that area because it was to heavily populated once again all night long, even though you could hear the drones flying and F-16s bomb targets around the city.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If Israel wants to go to war with the rest of the Middle East, I say let them. But do not involve us in it. If they want to go to war with Iran and Egypt, hey, nobody is stopping them from doing it. Just don't expect us to bail you out when the going gets tough. You made your bed now lie in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

Originally posted by bknapple32

Two major Israeli newspapers are reporting that rockets fired from Egypt have hit Israel. "Terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula launched rockets into Israel Friday night," reports the Jerusalem Post. "The rockets fell near an Israeli village on the southern border, causing some damage, but no injuries." The Israeli daily Haaretz reports, "Rockets fired from direction of Egypt toward Eshkol Regional Council."

Havent been on in a long time but with this heating up and now military action from Egypt, I think this is worse than the normal 'mid east violence". Wife and I disagree, she amounts this to same ole same ole, but I think and feel something different this time. Wanted to come here to get the best thoughts on this. so ATS'ers much ado about nothing, or something more?

www.weeklystandard.com... ypt-hit-israel_663502.html
edit on 17-11-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

I side with your wife.

Not only that but I don't see any MAJOR wars breaking out in the region whatsoever.

I think it's all a bunch of fear mongering, sabre rattling BS with a few bombs being thrown in to "prove" that they "mean business" this time !!!

God, how often have we seen this BS fly ???

It's two days later and there has been no retaliation on Israel's part against Egypt.

I believe that Israel is well aware of the fact that unlike being able to easily bully the Palastinians around it's quite another thing to go head to head with Egypt as this could actually bloody their bullying little noses not to mention the repercussions of such actions might also bring several other powerful nations into the mix.

Bullies only pick on the weak.

edit on 18-11-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

Just as I predicted...a ceasefire has been declared...Sorry...DOOM OFF !!!

Report: Ceasefire Agreement Reached

The Al-Arabiya news network reported that an agreement has been reached between Israel and the Palestinians over a ceasefire. According to the report, the stages of the truce's implementation have yet to be worked out.

www.ynetnews.com... ,00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Haven't you noticed the pattern yet? A small regional conflict - some sabre-rattling by both sides. I$rael cowers in the corner crying "he hit me!" and in comes the US with a multi-million dollar kleenex going "there, there poopsie. Here. Have a missle-defense system. Does that make your boo-boo feel better?"

Who's to bet that after a cease-fire is called, there will be a very large defense-spending measure passed to help I$rael

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No. It's miles away from WW3 luckily. For all we know this could be Israeli propeganda to scare their people into submission. Or rogue Hamas agents launching some from near egypt to give that impression. There a good reason why most international news corporations never trust the Israeli Media.

The biggest stumbling block to security in that area is lack of impartiality of the press, more people need to be getting their news from the internet and impartial sources that aren't knee deep in the situation and fear mongering.

Why the News is always biggest hurdle to true peace (Israel + Palestine)

edit on 19-11-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I dont see any news source saying there has been a ceasefire....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I dont hear anything on the news so far as such as rockets being fired from Egypt. But if this is true and it can be confirmed by some known media source then I can safely say all Egypt is doing is trying to get Israel and Gaza to stop this attacking of each others countries.

Only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I dont see any news source saying there has been a ceasefire....

Lying wont get you anywhere, for truth is always found out restrospectively.

Scaring your population with scare stories will make things worse.

Showing them signs of human fatalities from BOTH Israeli and Lebanese camps will make things better.

The middle Eastern media there is so polarized between cultures and religions, and very paranoid, they get away with anything, there's good reason a lot of western news agencies stopped using Zionist tabloids as a source.

Luckily help is on hand if severe repression of freedom of speech gets any worse,
they have already created some mild Havoc to Israeli government websites for imposing some internet censorship in the last few days.
Thank Christ anon are always about when things get really ugly.
edit on 19-11-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why is this thread still going????

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Just how did I lie?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ZeuZZ

Just how did I lie?

Not you, was referring to the tabloids. It would not be lying if every two hours there were no new attacks from either side they could declare a cease fire every hour no one is shot optimistically, so hopefully no more people get shot. They don't. They are quite content keeping people fearful.

The lying comes in from the default position of the media vs authority. They will not dare suggest there has been ceasefire until their sides fully done killing the people it wants, if no-one has been shot in 3 days yet the media still wont say ceasefire, it's because the military or government don't want it to end yet. And the media keeps the people in a fearful anxious state ready for more, basically on the militarizes command even if only mainly by inference alone.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You keep bumping it and asking why it's still going, might be one reason, out of many.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join