It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostess, maker of Twinkies and Ding Dongs, says closing business

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
18,000 newly unemployed Twinkie bakers: They sure showed that CEO who's boss!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Jess117

Tis the season (to downsize).

That's really unfortunate.
But you know, that actually sounds about right. Even small businesses here prepare for the worst for these months, which we can see why since people are really tight on money as it is.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Jess117 because: I'm a magician

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It all stopped tasting good years ago anyway. They changed up something and it hasn't been the same since the 80's.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This doesn't sadden me at all. Twinkies are not appealing to me at all and Wonderbread is not healthy. The only downside to this would be the lost jobs.

But the company has said it is selling off its products, so for those who enjoy, no need to worry.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Romney wanted to kill big bird and the unions killed twinkies such a sad state of affairs our country is in.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Mean old republicans...

Why would anyone want to kill Big Bird?

edit on 16-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Along the lines of thinking corporations are people, when's the funeral?

edit on 16-11-2012 by Jess117 because: I'm a fairy

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hostess products are crap and only eaten by fat slobs on food stamps... I'm glad they are a thing of the past.... Of course if the fatties bitch loudly enough someone will buy the company and be getting a government handout in a roundabout way like Hostess has for years.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Screw Twinkies - when beer goes out of business give me a call!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hostess will liquidate its assets including twinkies and they will be back soon produced from a mexican subsidiary of some company without a union or its labor costs.

The stock market demands this.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No more Ding Dongs???? Now that is a serious tragedy. So, this is what unions do..... They should close plants in those areas, and move to non-union locations. Plenty of people that need jobs out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I can't even remember the last time I ate any of their products -- a very long time ago. What saddens me, aside from the loss of many jobs, is the death of an American icon that's been around for 82 years.

Wonderbread, twinkies, snoballs... all evoke childhood memories.

Of course, the stuff made in Mexico under the same name won't be the same.

Just sad. So many things are disappearing.

Does anyone else here remember Culpeper's herbs in the UK?

They had been around since the 1920's, they went bankrupt about 2010 - 2011 -- another casualty of a lousy economy. I couldn't believe it -- it's one of those things you expect to go on forever.
edit on 17-11-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Guess I'll be converting to Cloud Cakes. No big loss here I guess, other than the crap load of people that will be out of work. It must be the end times if Twinkies are dying out.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just want to thank My fellow ATSers for all the great responses.

Sad day though, for all those who have lost their Jobs, and for a great Iconic Brand to be sold to the highest bidder.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Michelle Obama: "mission accomplished."

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Lame, did you know Big Bird had no comment concerning anything negative to say about Romney? did you know Big Bird is close to retiring? He's a rich Bird, he was likely excited about the prospect of retiring, I bet he retires soon despite Romney not winning. Images like that are why Obama won, sticking to the most simplistic topic concerning the debate & twisting it, I literally feel sorry for those who voted for or against someone based on Sesame Street.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This can't be happening! It has always been my life long dream to build a house out of nothing but Twinkies (using Ho Hos for door knobs)! Do you people see now?! The American dream is a LIE! I can't do whatever I want because now I have to use cheap Hostess knock offs from the dollar store! The cream doesn't even taste the same! Thanks Sandra Fluke! I hope you're happy!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

I literally feel sorry for those who voted for or against someone based on Sesame Street.

Jealous

Well, I got my Obama phone now.

And my Obama car should be here any day.

The Obama food truck is delivering food to my house every day now. I lower a basket out of the window to pick it up.

Too bad you missed the boat, shoulda voted for Obama...

No free stuff for Mittens voters... Can't beat em, join em

K
edit on 17-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Everyone is saying their farewells to Hostess. But has anyone considered that they could be playing chicken? I saw this happen before to a local Giant Eagle. And the day was saved when the employees all said, "hey is it to late to count me in to the consessions"? The store never did go out of business, and is still open today.

Even if not, have they considered giving in? At least they will have a job now, and can look for a new one at their leisure. And would be preserving a part of American heritage, Twinkies.
I call this win, win all the way around.

edit on 17-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Frito Lay is already in bed with Gamesa Galletas in Mexico so they would be most likely to pick up on the Hostess name... Gamesa products are big sellers throughout all of Texas and have been here over 45 years... If Twinkies are ever made south of the border the quality and flavor will be much better..

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join