It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous changes on earth: New huge land cracks. This time in Spain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by happykat39

I get what you're saying but that measly 14+mil tons a year over a period of lets say 2012 years = 28,771,600,000 tons! Thats quite a bit of weight added to our planet!
edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: Spelling! What else is new?

And yet, landing on the surface it still doesn't explain the expanding core. If anything, it would cause compression of the core from the added surface mass. If the core is truly expanding there has to be something beside dust from space causing it.
edit on 16-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

You got me!! Hehehe! This is really not my field, I am just throwing things out there as my slow working grey matter thinks of them!

I am more worried about waking up one morning, getting out of bed and stepping into a crack that didn't exist when I went to bed!

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: Spelling again, &%^* this keyboard!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I did the numbers and your answer for 4,5 billion years is 63,560,000,000,000,000 or 63 quadrillion 560 trillion tons. Yes, it is a lot, and it helps explain growth in mass, but it still doesn't explain core expansion.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You are tooo kind, can I offer the Kat a bowl of cream!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You got me!! Hehehe! This is really not my field, I am just throwing things out there as my slow working grey matter thinks of them!

I am more worried about waking up one morning, getting out of bed and stepping into a crack that didn't exist when I went to bed!

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: Spelling again, &%^* this keyboard!

That would tend to mess up your day, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You are tooo kind, can I offer the Kat a bowl of cream!!!

Actually, I am more of a (cat)nip kind of kitty. but some creamy goodness is always welcome too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I get what you're saying but that measly 14+mil tons a year over a period of lets say 2012 years = 28,771,600,000 tons! Thats quite a bit of weight added to our planet!

Then lets take the 14mil tons and multiply it by 4.54 Billion years.....my calculator just crashed!

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: Spelling! What else is new?

Let me give you another number so you can make a comparaison about the impact you think that space dust could have on our planet.

In converting volumes to mass the density of tephra is taken as 1400 kg m–3

Mount St-Helen VEI 5 and ejected 1 km-3 of tephra
1000 * 1000 * 1000 * 1.4 = 1 400 000 000 tons of tephra

The last Toba eruption some 70 000+ years was a VEI 8 and ejected some 2 500 km-3 of tephra
1000 * 1000 * 1000 * 1.4 * 2500 -> 3 500 000 000 000 tons
edit on 16-11-2012 by Nidwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nidwin

Let me give you another number so you can make a comparaison about the impact you think that space dust could have on our planet.

In converting volumes to mass the density of tephra is taken as 1400 kg m–3

Mount St-Helen VEI 5 and ejected 1 km-3 of tephra
1000 * 1000 * 1000 * 1.4 = 1 400 000 000 tons of tephra

The last Toba eruption some 70 000+ years was a VEI 8 and ejected some 2 500 km-3 of tephra
1000 * 1000 * 1000 * 1.4 * 2500 -> 3 500 000 000 000 tons
edit on 16-11-2012 by Nidwin because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that Nidwin, now my head hurts! Okay so Toba ejected 3 500 000 000 000 tons into our atmosphere but it's all still here, what went up has come down and space dust is still being added day by day!?

As I said I REALLY don't know much of what this thread is about but what better way of learning than asking questions, even at my ripe old age!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
its just more of the effects from the black hole CERN created running the LHC.

nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So when Dec.21 comes and goes, what are you going to blame these types of events on then?
Make no mistake... everybody with any degree of sanity hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch. Problem is... no one on this Earth really knows. It's ALL speculation at this point. Even your take on it all.

It does seem that strange things are afoot. That much seems pretty clear... to me anyway.

Yes, again.. I DO hope you are 100% correct that nothing will happen, save for the sun rise and shine like any other beautiful day. (Ok, as one in the southeast, I would not mind a White Christmas.)
With all the changes earth seems to be going through in what seems like a hurry according to am human lifetime and the information that was laid out by its inhabitants (Mayans, Hopi, Chinese, Monks,Ect Ect) it is not foolish to strongly speculate some validity to the 2012 worries. There is much going on in the world right now and our solar system, and our earth seems to be making adjustments to it. Someone mentioned the sun evolving.. well givin the fact that all the planets are changing,..that would be a sure possibility.. and something to remember, things expand when they are heated.=earthquakes, volcanoes acting up? hmmmm

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

And yet, all that stuff landing on the outside of the planet still does little or nothing to explain core expansion which my theory POSTED HERE attempts to explain.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire.

that is quite patently coastal errosion - and if [as claimed] this is a "mystery" to people - they are idiots

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Does this in any way connect to the splitting of Africa in the North East, which is happening quite quickly in terms of natural history?

Probably not as that is due to the plate movements where as Lorca is probably due to drilling.

That will be filled by the way - by the sea. It will be a huge rush (of water) when it happens.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi there,

across the border here in Portugal, we have been having a lot more tremors over the last few years ,
and like in Spain many have said it is because we are taking more and more groundwater from a country that has low water levels.

a fact that is not taken into consideration is the amount of Eucalyptus plantations that are everywhere now,
they are drinking 3 x the annual rainfall,

so with all that water being taken up out of the ground water and aquifers , surelyit must be leaving empty gaps and space ??

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

So how about these pics? They don't appear to be coastal erosion. Though I wouldn't label anyone who believed they were an "idiot", because I know such ego enhancing mechanisms are just usually projection. In the times ahead love and compassion for our fellow man will be our greatest asset.

Link to 1.5km Spanish crack article

More cracks

There is one pic in the last link that appears to be coastal erosion but the rest are not.

Rifting of the New Madrid fault is supposedly the cause of the Bayou Corne sinkhole as well.

Peace to all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

He states that the known theory of Solar Evolution is wrong and that our Sun is actually in a state of evolution.
Going from Yellow to White, hence why it is actually visibly brighter outside.

Is it? It certainly is not here

It's also stated that when the Sun makes its evolutionary jump (very soon, possibly December), that when the fusion reaction peaks, the Sun will go dark for a small amount of time (Could this be the 3 days of darkness in the many prophecies?).
Then when it bursts out into its next stage, it will send out a massive burst of Gamma, Xray, Heat and Gravitional wave.

By whom is it stated? Anyone with a credible scientific background? Aside from the fact that it could not go dark instantly like that you do realise that a burst of energy such as you state would kill every living organism one the planet?

This will push Earth out a bit further from the Sun (same with the moon), but also causing the Earth to step up in its next evolutionary phase due to the energy expelled from the Sun.
Causing an expanding of the Earth's crust and creating a lot more land surface area and thus causing the sea level to dramatically drop.

Just to be clear here, if the land surface was dramatically increased this would not necessarily result in a drop in sea level as the amount of expansion of the sphere and the amount of new land would be counter balanced by the water which in the case of no spherical expansion would actually rise.

The evolution of the Sun is also the answer to Global Warming... Not cow farts or human development (whom ever bought that theory are drinking too much cool-aid).

That sentence makes more sense now.

Somehow I think none of this has anything to do with cracks in the earth in Spain.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just a side note, from notes I made years ago, volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years, I presume the activity is still rising?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

By whom is it stated? Anyone with a credible scientific background?

Sorry, where was Einstein working when is developed the theory of Relativity?

It is a fact that science is only advanced through the investigation of anomalies. However there is the paradox that scientists, like most humans, like to be well thought of by their peers, like to be part of a consensus, and live in fear that their funding, grants, tenure etc will be cut-off by their employer institutions if they rock the boat.

Pretty much all science laws and theories that are accepted today were once ridiculed and their proponents scorned.

So if a theory or hypothesis has any at all underlying basis or possibility, it should not be scorned just because "mainstream" scientists have not embraced it. Any true scientist knows this.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

a fact that is not taken into consideration is the amount of Eucalyptus plantations that are everywhere now

Interesting, I did not know that. Eucalyptus is used to drain swamps!! I gather they also grow them in Spain as well.

It also provides great honey and fine wood pulp for paper - but is it worth decimating your country's water supply for that?

Having looked into them I shall get one of the hardy varieties. We lost our other to the cold. We have no shortage of water and believe me if I could ship it to you I would!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I am fully aware of the scientific gregariousness. Note that I did not say "scientist" but "scientific background". There is a big difference.

As far as I am concerned most scientists are men in white coats guessing, but in order to come up with a credible hypothesis or theory you do need some sort of grounding in the sciences.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join