It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous changes on earth: New huge land cracks. This time in Spain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Remember the 2011 Lorca(Murcia) earthquake from 11 may 2011.
With a magnitude of 5.1 at only a depht of 1 km.
Lots of buildings and historical monuments were damaged, 10 deaths and over 400 people were injured.

Now in that same region the earth is cracking up.

The crack extends along the industrial park in the direction of the sport city "Valverde Reina"; It has a length of more than 300 meters and a depth of more than two metres in some places.

According to europapress.es at the beginning of November, cracks appeared on top of a cliff at Cotillo, located at the northern end of Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Africa.

link
If those are the same cracks that are showing on the mainland I would imagine more cracks will appear on that line. The distance between the island and the place where the cracks are reported in Murcia is over 2000km.

What the cause may be it still a mystery, as there hasn't been any recent earthquakes in the region.
Unless it's been caused by the 2011 earthquake and the volcano activity on the Canary Islands.
Could these be linked?

The Department of Emergency situations urgently requested the Geological Survey of Murcia to assess the cause of the "huge cracks in ground", which appeared after the recent heavy rains in the industrial park area "El Saladar", Totana, situated in the south-east of the Iberian Peninsula.

Fractures in the ground often occur during earthquakes. They appear frequently and their origin is not a mystery.
However, fractures not associated with known earthquake movements, are relatively rare and usually remain - unexplained

1 month ago cracks were showing up after the floods of September which caused the life of 3 people. This crack is extending up to 1.5 km and at some places a depht of 5meters. There are no conclusions made of what the cause may be.

The month of October, in El Esparragal, a crack of 1.5 kilometres appeared, that came to light after disappearing water from the floods of September.
The crack affects both houses as farms. Technical Civil Protection and the Geological Survey of Spain moved a few days ago to the place to make a first assessment, but there are no conclusions. A "comprehensive study" is required to analyze the situation, according to the abc.es.

Today the cracks are still growing in some areas and are now up to 50 cm wide. They are closing of the area to avoid any accident by other geological hazards in that region.
Living in Spain, I will follow this and will add updates to this thread if conclusions are made or more cracks appear.
All information and opinions are welcome.

Article and video
Link

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along.

Dec 21 is only 35 days away... but lets ignore that fact entirely.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Earths crust is very thin, and is very unstable in terms of geological time, i get the feeling that earth is about to go through some cycles that do not have a historical memory in terms of us ever seeing it, or finding evidence of it.
Maybe it is so destructive, all evidence of it happening is washed away, like a wave washing sand clean.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So when Dec.21 comes and goes, what are you going to blame these types of events on then?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This article has nothing to do with Dec21, mayan calendar or end of times, but about Fragile Earth.
Otherwise I would have posted it in the 2012 forum and add some doom and gloom to it.

With last years EQ and volcano activity near La Palma and southern Spain I found this interesting to post and hear what members with more geological experience would have to say on this matter.
As I asked the question, is it possible these could be linked in some way.
edit on 15-11-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, landslides occur. I would hesitate to jump on the 2012 fearmongering.
Though I haven't read the information in full, it would appear to be related to the earthquake. In geologic time, that's not very long. However, the connection with the Canary Island s may be a bit more dubious given one is Atlantic and one Meditteranean...
I'll have a deeper look later.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Thanks for that.
Would you perhaps have a link to detailed maps with fault lines and such from that area?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

So when Dec.21 comes and goes, what are you going to blame these types of events on then?
Make no mistake... everybody with any degree of sanity hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch. Problem is... no one on this Earth really knows. It's ALL speculation at this point. Even your take on it all.

It does seem that strange things are afoot. That much seems pretty clear... to me anyway.

Yes, again.. I DO hope you are 100% correct that nothing will happen, save for the sun rise and shine like any other beautiful day. (Ok, as one in the southeast, I would not mind a White Christmas.)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting.
We had a crack form, here in UP MI, in the US a few years ago, and I'm not sure that they figured out what caused that either, although it is no where near as big as that one.

I think the earth is just changing. We are just going to have to deal with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Now I can't say that the two events can be linked, as I don't know much about this kind of thing. It is an ominous sign though. We might be seeing the start of the earth breaking up its continents, if this is happening in the US as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Earthquakes affect the land in different ways depending on how the quake itself plays out.....
There is a very slow creeping type of reaction i believe called land slip or something like that.......
Maybe you are right on the money abou tthe last quake being the cause.....
Also,floodingwaters may hollow out softer earth strata beneath the surface....this would cause a slump to happen which may have the apearance of the cracks??
No Scientist me.................

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I gotta stop telling mother nature all those jokes. I see she's cracking up again.

On the serious side, this is interesting. Are there earthquakes when these cracks appear or is something just sliding? Sometimes cracks like this appear when the earth rises up.
edit on 15-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Maybe this is how the land split the way it is today? Is it quite possible that all the land on earth were all connected at one point in time, and this is how it split to make up each country as we know it??

Just a thought, I am no professional on this topic by any means, but could be something that is possible......

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I read some time ago that the geologists had associated the earthquake in Spain with the extraction of water for farming, to the extend that it has seriously affected the area. I will try and find the article.

Here a couple of them

Lorca earthquake 'caused by groundwater extraction'

Deadly Spain Earthquake Triggered by Drilling

edit on 15/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Could this be the reason???

The Earth's Inner Core Is Expanding And Tearing The Crust Apart
edit on 15-11-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
Earths crust is very thin, and is very unstable in terms of geological time, i get the feeling that earth is about to go through some cycles that do not have a historical memory in terms of us ever seeing it, or finding evidence of it.
Maybe it is so destructive, all evidence of it happening is washed away, like a wave washing sand clean.

Ya a 1000 foot wave can go prety far inland.
quick get all the peploe in the air just hope the airfield is clear for a landing after.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i am not sure if this is for this forum or not , but here goes.. i live in Iowa, and starting in august 2011 , i began to hear a very low hum. this hum comes and goes, sometimes it is very easy to hear and then not so much...it is as if i would expect to go outside and see a diesle engine running. i am courious as to hear from anyone else that might be hearing this,,, or am i going nuts... thanks for your time

signature:
just who in the world are flying those things

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

That is another source now that I have seen saying that the Earth is expanding.

The first is from a person known only as 'Daniel' whom has released some papers regarding his work in Gov Black Budget Ops.

He states that the known theory of Solar Evolution is wrong and that our Sun is actually in a state of evolution.
Going from Yellow to White, hence why it is actually visibly brighter outside.
It's also stated that when the Sun makes its evolutionary jump (very soon, possibly December), that when the fusion reaction peaks, the Sun will go dark for a small amount of time (Could this be the 3 days of darkness in the many prophecies?).
Then when it bursts out into its next stage, it will send out a massive burst of Gamma, Xray, Heat and Gravitional wave.
This will push Earth out a bit further from the Sun (same with the moon), but also causing the Earth to step up in its next evolutionary phase due to the energy expelled from the Sun.
Causing an expanding of the Earth's crust and creating a lot more land surface area and thus causing the sea level to dramatically drop.

The evolution of the Sun is also the answer to Global Warming... Not cow farts or human development (whom ever bought that theory are drinking too much cool-aid).

Check it out, definitely an interesting read.

www.soldierhugs.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Oddly my brother lives on one of the mountain-side areas of Calpe not too far from Murcia.

He tells me that lots of people in the region have been reporting cracks etc appearing in their properties as if the foundations are shifting.

I hope its not related.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

Make no mistake... everybody with any degree of sanity hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch. Problem is... no one on this Earth really knows. It's ALL speculation at this point. Even your take on it all.

It does seem that strange things are afoot. That much seems pretty clear... to me anyway.

Yes, again.. I DO hope you are 100% correct that nothing will happen, save for the sun rise and shine like any other beautiful day. (Ok, as one in the southeast, I would not mind a White Christmas.)

Sanity does not equate with denial.

However, optimism and positivity never hurt any situation, even though denial may exist.

You cannot escape the truth by hiding from it, and facing the truth can be liberating.

To the question of the OP, those cracks can be caused by one type of geologic faulting called "normal" faults or rift faults, not as dramatic as "reverse" faults or "slip" faults. However, these kinds of cracks are seen from time to time all over the world, and are nothing to be alarmed about unless increasing dramatically, or they coincide with a large incidence of the other sign of rift faulting which is sinkholes - so there is nothing to worry about.

Recent sinkholes around the world

<<   2  3  4 >>

join