It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous changes on earth: New huge land cracks. This time in Spain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
''I havent rad the information in full'' but I'll go ahead and disagree with you and give you my #y expert opinion and call you a fearmonger.

Are you serious? Why even comment?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So when Dec.21 comes and goes, what are you going to blame these types of events on then?
Make no mistake... everybody with any degree of sanity hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch. Problem is... no one on this Earth really knows. It's ALL speculation at this point. Even your take on it all.

It does seem that strange things are afoot. That much seems pretty clear... to me anyway.

Yes, again.. I DO hope you are 100% correct that nothing will happen, save for the sun rise and shine like any other beautiful day. (Ok, as one in the southeast, I would not mind a White Christmas.)

Sanity does not equate with denial.

You'll get no argument from me there. In fact if you replace the word "sanity" with the word "denial" the sentence is... well... senseless. See:

everybody with any degree of sanity denial hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So when Dec.21 comes and goes, what are you going to blame these types of events on then?
Make no mistake... everybody with any degree of sanity hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch. Problem is... no one on this Earth really knows. It's ALL speculation at this point. Even your take on it all.

It does seem that strange things are afoot. That much seems pretty clear... to me anyway.

Yes, again.. I DO hope you are 100% correct that nothing will happen, save for the sun rise and shine like any other beautiful day. (Ok, as one in the southeast, I would not mind a White Christmas.)

Sanity does not equate with denial.

You'll get no argument from me there. In fact if you replace the word "sanity" with the word "denial" the sentence is... well... senseless. See:

everybody with any degree of sanity denial hopes & prays Dec. 21 passes by without a glitch.

I wasn't trying to be critical and I appreciate your ego-less response. I have heard it said that even if we are in for some hard times, a slight consciousness raising on the planet with the concomitant increase in positive vibes could actually make a world of difference.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Earth is growing... she is expanding.... she is entering a new phase...

And she's about to expand some more!

EXPANDING EARTH
edit on 15-11-2012 by antoinemarionette because: video no work

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Ah-ha! We agree yet again! Are you my long-lost cousin or som'n?
All joking aside, I do follow that line of thinking, that positive vibes we send out into the universe can only make this world a better place, and possibly avert any negative outcome for us in the long run!

We just have to all make a point and work on all the sour-pusses out there, eh?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Something similar happend just outside of the city of Alicante around 1985. (Not far away)
They even closed the airport for a while for inspection.

Nothing bad happend after that, having flown in and out of Spanish airports for many years i would say that Spanish ATC have far more disaster potential than earth changes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Maybe this is how the land split the way it is today? Is it quite possible that all the land on earth were all connected at one point in time, and this is how it split to make up each country as we know it??

Just a thought, I am no professional on this topic by any means, but could be something that is possible......

Yes
Pangea

The sequence of maps below show how a large supercontinent, known as Pangaea was fragmented into several pieces, each being part of a mobile plate of the lithosphere. These pieces were to become Earth's current continents. The time sequence show through the maps traces the paths of the continents to their current positions..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Thank you for the Soldier Hugs link, it has provided me with a very interesting few hours of reading! Knew of a few of the things mentioned such as the Monauk Experiment, but having it all put together for me was an "aha" moment.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's coastal erosion, happens quite a lot especially near the coast funny enough

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks a lot for the articles PM.
I never saw this on the news here or i must have missed it. But it made me thinking and questioning .
Maybe you can help me with those.
If I get this correct, in simple terms: By sucking or extracting the water from the ground, the soil gets porous, less dens and more 'air pockets' are formed in some areas, that the slightest movement( by drilling or a small quake) could lead to a larger slide or EQ in this case. That's why the damage was very local and not spread a 100km from the epicentre?
Without this drainage it would eventualy happen naturaly, it would only take more time.
Because it happened this way, could it be the reason why there were not many aftershocks recorded? Because it wasn't a build up of pressure? Like we saw in Italy, where there are aftershocks up till today.
Could it be that after the flooding in September the ground pushed some of the soil in it's former position and making it 'weak' that when it dried in October the ground began collapsing and making these cracks?
So i'm suggesting it's not the ground that is opening but rather collapsing. Or is it just like you see when the ground top layers are splitting because of the heat?
It's just an idea so maybe you could help me with that.

Also i'm wondering what measures they are taking to prevent this in the future. The region is known to be dry and famous for it's olive and orange(citric fruits) plantations. They need the water and the south is getting drier every year.

And the cracks on the Canary islands have nothing to do with the ones in Murcia, but it's rather the caused by the recent volcano activity? Are there any faults connected or close by between these two regions?
edit on 16-11-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

This theory threatens my deeply held firmly planted beliefs as to what is possible and what is not so I shall attempt to mock and ridicule you so others will validate my world view instead of yours.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Oddly my brother lives on one of the mountain-side areas of Calpe not too far from Murcia.

He tells me that lots of people in the region have been reporting cracks etc appearing in their properties as if the foundations are shifting.

I hope its not related.

If you read the article provided by Puterman, I would say they are related. Although it some 200km apart and Alicante is less drier where they have natural springs from the mountains. Murcia is just a 'desert'. You could ask him if he knows about any wells people have in the area.

"Everybody digs their own well, they don't care about anything," he said. "I think in Lorca you may find that some 80 percent of wells are illegal."

www.sci-tech-today.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

lol ;p

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Could these be fissures? Here where I live in AZ, they are a real problem, and cause sink holes.
Pinal county has fissure maps. Some areas are real bad, some properties are in danger, and some peoples foundations get cracked pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No worries, A trip to the Home Depot and a few bags of concrete should fix it right up. They'll be driving across it in 2 days tops.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Does this in any way connect to the splitting of Africa in the North East, which is happening quite quickly in terms of natural history?

I haven't read much about it but it is happening and its not just coastal erosion that is causing the huge split which is very evident in the pics that I have seen of the area!

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

I don't think that even a truckload of concrete is going to fill this crack!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have a question which may or may not be of relevance to this thread!

If earth IS hit by the estimated amount of 14,300,000 (Yes, thats fourteen million three hundred thousand) tons of space dust each year how is the earth NOT EXPANDING?

Surely this must have some effect on the inner core, core, mantle and crust!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
The Earth is growing... she is expanding.... she is entering a new phase...

And she's about to expand some more!

EXPANDING EARTH
edit on 15-11-2012 by antoinemarionette because: video no work

I don't like things I don't, at least in theory, understand. So after reading the expanding earth material a little more closely I decided to let my mind (even though it is small and helpless on it's own) out to wander around and see what it could find.

Here is what It came up with...

The first question to come to mind is WHERE THE HECK IS ALL THAT EXTRA MATTER COMING FROM?

Physicists have been telling us for quite some time now that empty space is not really empty. Aside from the usual stray photon, atom or dust particle they tell us that there is something called zero point energy and that this zero point energy can occasionally flash briefly into existence as matter and then just as quickly flash back out of existence.

What if, in theory now mind you, this can also take place within a conglomeration of matter such as a star, planet, moon or asteroid? What if it doesn't need empty space to happen? Then, what if when it happens inside of something it gets trapped as matter in this plane of existence and causes that something, say the earth for arguments sake, to grow in mass and size?

Now let us carry this theory one step further and say that the gravity of a mass actually attracts this zero point energy conversion to more mass? Not that I don't believe in plate tectonics, but the increase in mass caused by zero point energy conversion could explain some things that are, as yet, a bit murky?

Ok now, one more step. What if a larger mass with a higher gravity attracts zero point energy conversion at a higher rate? That would mean that the moon would grow faster than an asteroid, the earth would grow faster than the moon, the more massive planets would grow faster than the smaller planets and finally the sun would grow faster than all of them.

And finally, I think, what if for a planet there is a "tipping point" where the growth rate increases rapidly enough to be noticed by the sentient blobs of meat living on it as splitting and cracking of the crust beyond that which can be explained by plate tectonics?

OK, I think I am going to put my tiny overworked brain to bed for now and ponder on this more later after some of the people reading this can have time to comment on it and maybe even add something useful to the theory.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
I have a question which may or may not be of relevance to this thread!

If earth IS hit by the estimated amount of 14,300,000 (Yes, thats fourteen million three hundred thousand) tons of space dust each year how is the earth NOT EXPANDING?

Surely this must have some effect on the inner core, core, mantle and crust!

As huge as that 14,300,000 tons sounds it is just a pooter in a windstorm compared to the total mass of the earth. Distributed over the entire earth it would probably only add a little to the amount of dust your mother in law writes her name in. And, landing on the top of the crust at such a slow rate, it would have little effect on the core. For my theory of how the earth is expanding read the post just below yours, and above this one, that I was composing as you were posting yours.

edit on 16-11-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I get what you're saying but that measly 14+mil tons a year over a period of lets say 2012 years = 28,771,600,000 tons! Thats quite a bit of weight added to our planet!

Then lets take the 14mil tons and multiply it by 4.54 Billion years.....my calculator just crashed!

edit on 16/11/12 by wiser3 because: Spelling! What else is new?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join