It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Trainer Jet Missing in Washinton State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A two seater, Czechoslavakian fighter jet has been reported missing after taking off from a Boeing field. Two men were reportedly on board. The jet was en route to Idaho before it "disappeared".

seattletimes.nwsource.com
A two-seat Czechoslovakian fighter-trainer jet with two men aboard left Boeing Field around midday today and vanished en route to Idaho after reporting flight-control problems over the Cascade Mountains.

A search for the single-engine L-39 registered to Rocky Stewart of Hollister, Calif., was launched by the aviation emergency services division of the state Department of Transportation.

That effort, based at Bowers Field in Ellensburg, was suspended at nightfall, spokeswoman Nisha Hanchinamani said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is being reported that the jet was having flight control problems as it flew over the Cascade Mountains. The jet, owned and piloted by Rocky Stewart of Hollister, Calif, was bound for Lewiston, Idaho. Wife of Stewart claims she does not know who was on board the plane with her husband.

Once over the Cascade Mountains, radio and radar contact with the jet was lost. There has been a search for the missing plane and the two people. No word yet on what happened to the jet or the men.

More to come as this story develops...

Related News Links
kirotv.com
foxreno.com

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No need to worrie, this kinda thing happens all the time

I will never understand, how they just
come up missing.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
it's called an accident.... a plane crash...

they reported flight control problems... the wreckage will be found.

hopefully the men are okay.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What they dont have GPS tracking?

Sorry if I showed my stupidity.

Snapy.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I know my uncle has a hand held GPS ... thing that cost like 150 bucks will show me moving all around the world rather in a car or just walking or on a horse .. surely in a PLANE ???? There should be regulations on these kinds of things oh wait there are ... They just what /??? Don't knwo where they are if they don't know where they are it is on purpose ....

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The plane may have had GPS but ATC doesnt track them with GPS. ATC can only track with radar and the transponder and in the mountains that can be kinda scattered.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i dont see how u can joke about this spittin.. considering i know rocky stewart. i would aprecciate it if you didnt say things like that.

new topics

top topics

join