It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dude, is it just me??"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seriously.

Does the Sun not seem insanely "hot' to you ATS'ers in Southern California? I mean irregular weather patterns of 95 degree weather (October...now November) followed by a period of major temperature decrease and rain. Really? This has been going on (again) since October. Days on end in late October of 90+ temperatures, followed by a 20 degree "drop" almost overnight...."rain" for a day, then right back up to 90+ degrees....Same s**t in November. Just had a "low front" pass through the SoCal area last week. Temperatures in the 60's.

Today, 90+ degrees. With "guess what?" by the weekend, "rain" and low 60's....My question regarding this post though IS, does the SUN itself not seem incredibly and unusually "hot"? regardless when the temperature outside has been 60 degrees? I mean like, cool fall like breeze, however "El Sol" feeling like you're standing in front of an oven? Just an honest question. May just be me..........

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theAmericanStory

I'll just say this... After spending most of my life outside or out driving in daylight, the radiance of the sun has been painful to me without sunglasses more often than not and going back to late Sept - Early Oct of last year. I've always been a night owl by nature, but lately? It's been for comfort as much as general preference. I know the charts and data streams all say nothing whatsoever has changed, but my eyes say different.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I don't think it's just you. I just came back in from walking my dogs a few minutes ago, and I was thinking the same thing. While the air is still kinda cool outside in the shade, the sun is really intense, but I live in Arizona.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
just look at the sun, its white. its not the yellow one we used to have. all of the ancient cultures bookmarked 2012 as a time of great change. its no coincidence, though the trolls will still come in here and tell you everything is as it always was??? GTFOH.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wha???? You guys can see the sun???? Just clouds and rain. Pretty normal stuff. But, then, this is Seattle.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about. I just left Southern California a month ago.

I have noticed that the sun has been excessively warm for the past two years. Even back in March and April, when the high was only like 65, it would still be around 100 degrees inside a closed up car. Sure a buttoned up car is going to be warm if it is a sunny day, but it has been getting out of control.

I do not ever remember that happening until the past few years.

Though I am pretty sure it is due to the active period the sun is going through, otherwise known as the solar maximum.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Wha???? You guys can see the sun???? Just clouds and rain. Pretty normal stuff. But, then, this is Seattle.

Saw the thread, and thought 'What sun?'.

Perhaps OP could look up temperatures for this date and see if there is something to this. I'm betting not.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

sounds like there is about to be a major storm over there soon. probably as bad as sandy. coincidence, maybe, but say you could control weather wouldn't u want to use it to create fear and death and dependence on government. nothing harbors more dependence on government than a good disaster. not to mention it is a good smoke screen to keep focused on other peoples troubels

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
you guys don't know hot until you come to central cali! It seems for the past three years, the heat and warm weather has extended itself. We're going just before mid November and its the upper-mid 70's but soon as that sun drops, we floating in the low forties.

And yes that sun is brighter or ozone has deteriorated making the sky less blue/l?
edit on 14-11-2012 by sylent6 because: dumb mobile keys

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

www.wunderground.com...
edit on 14-11-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't think it's just you.. i've noticed the sun is "different" as well although i don't think it's the sun thats different but rather that our earth isn't as protected from the rays as it once was... greenhouse effect.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah, OK.

I am glad that you posted this. I was gonna say something but thought it just must be me and that there was no point in bothering other people with my suspicions.

But since you mention it?

Yep, something is going on. I was brushing my cat yesterday and he is shedding like it is summer. I hope that I am wrong, but I think we just had winter and that's that.

So, yes, OP, I agree; it's not just you.

X.

P.S. Just noticing that there are a lot of persistent contrails today; there is a good cold air mass up there, I would not be surprised if the weather changes quickly.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Maybe it's not the sun that's different... maybe it's your physiology that's changed. As you get older, your eyes become more light-sensitive and your tolerance for heat gets lower. Skin conditions, viruses, allergies can all be factors as well.

Don't forget that as the Ozone layer gets thinner, UV radiation increases...

Which is more likely? That our 4.5 billion year old star is changing, or that your body is getting older? Or maybe we're just starting to see the result of our ever increasing abuse of the atmosphere....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just "heard" the most random thing from a co-worker today, literally after I wrote this post....feels like "Earthquake weather" (we're in the O.C.) we shall see........

BTW my cat "Mr. Chow" has been acting strange the last two days...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Well, it is a scientific fact that the sun goes through 11 year cycles of increased and decreased activity.
We are in the height of the increased period, or near to it on one side or the other.

But I suppose it could be a bit of both.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Earth is contemplating on shaking all of us fleas and tics off its body,

Relax...everything should be over soon

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There have been a few threads about this, and people are noticing that the sun is different. I have also noticed it. I went out on the porch this morning to feel the sun. The low this morning was 27 degrees, and yet the sun, at 9:30 AM, felt hot. Not just warm, but hot. Yet, in the shade, it still felt really cold.

I even noticed it a few days ago, when we had a low of 22 degrees, and yet the cats were out enjoying the sunshine and not freezing first thing in the morning.

I don't pretend to know what's going on, but yeah, it seems weird to me that I could be sitting in a freezing air mass, and still feel warm, almost hot, with the sun on me. Yet, the air temps stay moderate (only around 64 today, briefly). Doesn't make sense. It's not just the sun on my skin, I could be completely wrapped up and still feel the heat of it.

Strange times we're living in.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Exactly. Like huddling in front of a good fire at night, while sitting at your campsite on fresh snow....Just not as "comforting" or reasonable thought.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Maybe it's not the sun that's different... maybe it's your physiology that's changed. As you get older, your eyes become more light-sensitive and your tolerance for heat gets lower. Skin conditions, viruses, allergies can all be factors as well.

My opinion is that is the main factor, combined with the fact people spend more time indoors these days than in the past and when they do go out their eyes are very sensitive. I also recall many instances where old people need to wear those black wrap around glasses because their eyes are too sensitive, so it is a fact peoples eyes do get more light sensitive and not in a good way.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I read an article that the Suns solar cycles can have an effect on our weather, including temperatures. Not sure exactly how much effect it has though. Here is the Article I read.

There have been many arguments as to whether or not the eleven-year sunspot cycle affects our weather and climate. With our increased ability to monitor the sun, we are now aware that there is a small change in the total solar irradiance accompanying shifts from solar maximum conditions (with many sunspots) to solar minimum (with, basically, none). There is also a more substantial change in the ultraviolet (UV) portion of the solar spectrum, with direct impacts primarily in the stratosphere (above ~10km).

The effect of these changes on our temperature record has been noted by some researchers

SOURCE

Not saying that this is the answer, but we are in solar maximum with a lot of sun spots at different times.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join