It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dude, is it just me??"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm with you guys , the sun DOES seem hotter and more blinding. I don't know why , I'm not going to pretend to know why.
Seems so many things are just OFF these days.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
it not just you...

I've been sensative to the sun all my life, with both the light of it on my eyes, and the radiation on my skin.
I can tell you that for me, there is no doubt that the sun is much more intense the past few years than it was a decade ago.
edit on 14-11-2012 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
spaceweather.com...
check out this linky..
look at the sun shot..
see all those sunspots?
theres da problem
we are also in the midst of a solar maximum cycle peak..
Hmmm
edit on 14-11-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theAmericanStory

Hello,

No, it's not just you. I've lived in Southern California since 1975 and the weather this year is stranger than last year's. What I noticed this summer is the sun actually felt like it was burning my skin after only a minute or two of exposure. The heat wave this past August was horrible -- 101 to 111 every day for close to 3 weeks, then a small break and it was back at it in September. October and November both crazy as you mentioned, 80's and 90's and then plummet to the low 70's. Funny, no one seems to think or say much about it though. It concerns me.

S&F for taking notice, now I know I am not the only one.

Let's hope and pray this is not a precursor to something worse.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAmericanStory
Just "heard" the most random thing from a co-worker today, literally after I wrote this post....feels like "Earthquake weather" (we're in the O.C.) we shall see........

BTW my cat "Mr. Chow" has been acting strange the last two days...

I started to say that in my original reply but didn't want to put it out there. My original thought was "earthquake weather." FYI, my temperatures are a few degrees warmer than yours because I live in the SF Valley. Believe it or not, I have co-workers who drive in from the OC, bless their hearts, that is one hell of a commute to make every day.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm with you dude. Been living here my whole life and never seen weather like this year. Especially weather like we've been having the last month n half. This isn't the typical Cali sunshine we've been getting. Could it be the solar max? I haven't a clue, I'm no expert on the subject.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have noticed this occurring, even today when it was relatively cool and we had sunshine for the first time in a couple days, I noticed the sun felt hotter than normal for this time of year shining through my window.

However, that is not the weird part. During July 1st to Sep 30th, Portland had its driest period in history. Not by a little but by more than double. We had 1/3rd of what Death Valley California had during that same period. The dramatic change has had effects on my health as well. Normally I am not effected by season changes, but this year it was so dramatic that it hit me hard.

Only a quarter-inch fell at Portland International Airport from July 1 through Sept. 30, according the National Weather Service. That's less than half the previous record for the driest July through September, set 60 years ago. Read more: www.oregonlive.com...

Now that is strange.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It is the strange burning sensation i get while driving that gets me. It is absolutely annoying.

I have been an ignoramus to myself, but, i can only go that far by lying to myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think your on to so something. Me and my dad have talked about it a lot this past summer. We work outside, in Canada , and it will be like 20 c which isn't hot, but our skin will be on fire. It's ridiculous. My dad keeps saying " there's something different with the sun this year".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
It is the strange burning sensation i get while driving that gets me. It is absolutely annoying.

I have been an ignoramus to myself, but, i can only go that far by lying to myself.

this is exactly how I noticed it as well

I was a professional driver for 10 years, and never had to intentionally keep my arm out of the sunlight for most that time

nowadays, within 30 minutes of driving with my arm exposed to the sun, its an awful burning sensation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

True. We are getting 22 (Celsius) and even then the sun burns my skin. The last few days we have been hitting +-30, but i have been inside. Still, it does seem that the sting is worse in lower temperatures. I have no need to be in a car today, so, i can be wrong.

reply to post by kalisdad

Well, now i know i am NOT the only one

It is a weird burning sensation. I can sit and drive and all of a sudden it is like a stitch. Once it hits me it will feel like "i have to get it off me"

Weird.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Greenhouse gases are nothing to do with protecting the Earth from solar radiation. Greenhouse gases contribute to global warming because they are gases which are able to absorb and re-emit infrared radiation, which would otherwise be reflected into space. This can in no way cause the sun to appear brighter or hotter, more so gradually increase the global mean surface temperature.

Regarding the topic, the sun is currently at or approaching its solar maximum but this is nothing new. The last solar maximum was in 2000. Personally I don't see a difference in the Sun (as in how it looks in the sky and how much heat the earth receives from it). Its the same as it always is this time of year, as are the temperatures.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We're going through a photon belt that is increasing the temperature of the sun in increasing amounts. The whole universe is going through immense change.

Prepare yourself and your consciousness for the change we're about to receive whether or not the Elite are going to disclose this to us.

www.indianinthemachine.com/photonbelt.html

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The timing of Your OP is Kool, to me. Just yesterday morning around 9:00 am (Central Time Zone) I mentioned to my Wife the same thing. The air was very cool, around upper 40's or so, but the Sun was Very Intense on our Faces. Strange combo We thought... Syx.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Solar Flare incoming more than likely. We are due.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah when I was there a few months back it was dry and 105 in Ukiah (nor cal). I didnt see rain the whole time I was there. I was there from august to october and no rain at all. I backpacked all over the Emerald Triangle and it was blistering hot. Thank God for that Russian River in Ukiah. it was 50 degrees in there.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have noticed that the sun seems to be a bit more intense especially this last summer. I can feel its warmth on my skin and it feels waaay hotter than I remember years ago. I live in San Diego and the weather here is always pretty good, the sun is out and shining on most days and it is definitely more intense.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We have noticed the sun seems much brighter here in TN. Also a few other oddities which I captured on video: posting below. I know many of you know what this is but the thing is, before this year I have never seen this here in my area and I am a avid sky watcher!

edit on 15-11-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am very curious if this is happening to anyone else, when I go outside for about 5 mins (or less) my skin tightens and starts to itch like crazy including my head. It just started this year. I do have fair skin, blue eyes (making me more susceptible) and I can't see well without sunglasses.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I doubt its the sun that's changing, its far more likely something closer to home is changing (if anything)

The first would of course be your body has changed. To say "i remember it was a different color, or wasn't as hot" you have to take into account that your body has changed in those years as you age. That's just simple truth. You are not the same as you were two weeks ago let alone two years or two decades ago. This is the most plausible reason.

The next would be that the environment where you are has changed. When someone recalls the sun being "different" years ago, are they taking into account that maybe they moved? Growing up in one area/state/country and now living in another ect. Or perhaps the environment has changed in the same area, be it less trees, more trees, less humidity from drought ect. This is a common change on all parts of the world. In reference to the OP, southern California is a desert, of course it's hot. it should be. The green grass you see is unnatural there.

Additionally, the addition and then removal of MTBE's from gasoline over the years has changed much of the air quality in California and especially in southern California. More smog, less smog, different additives to your gas, better or new technology in the catalytic converters in the cars ect. All sorts of things are constantly changing the environment around you. To levels you cannot accurately distinguish with just your eyes or skin.

Next you have the sun itself, which goes through many cycles. The sun is not the same as it was last year or the year before, in fact using a solar telescope one can easily see it changes from day to day. Since you're talking about a ball of hydrogen in a constant fusion reaction, one that has been going on for billions of years, in order to track a pattern of change in its behavior you would have to track it for thousands of years, not mere decades from your perspective here on Earth. We can say "it's hotter" and maybe it is, but to suggest it's abnormal, we are in no place to know that unless we start looking at numbers going back as far as history allows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join