It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanObserver
reply to post by dontreally

Egypt still couldn't compete with Israel in a military conflict.

I wouldn't be so sure about that statement, were talking about a population of 90 million people, of which 35+ million are fit for Service and over a million active military personal currently serving, just based on numbers alone, Israel would be dwarfed, if Egypt called full on war, and crossed the boarder, Israeli's better start panicking.

Yet undoubtedly, the IDF have more trained and intelligent personnel.

Underestimating your enemy has been the death of many a man and army.
Whats makes you so sure Egypt are not as well trained and intelligent as the IDF.

Egypt also has a large naval force, and without america's full military support, you would be terribly outmanned and outgunned.

That's my educated opinion.

edit on 15-11-2012 by HumanObserver because: Grammar

Lucy Talker. AKA Loose Talk.

It is very easy for us blab off about how strong ones military may be or not be. But the reality here is that many people are about to die. It is not the first time this has happened, as you know. Could it be the last or one of the last though?

Is it time that the words like: innocence, restraint, compassion, neutrality be tossed asides and this whole mess be sorted out right now?, finalized?

30,000 troops have been called up. She (IDF) was already on a military footing, as they have been for so long.

This is the perfect context to:

Capitalize on the absurdly ridiculous actions of Hamas.

Get the ball rolling, mass some troops, kick the pot, stir the bee's

Because you know they will, wait for the muslims around them to get all worked up. Huffing and puffing.

Wait for another brilliant government,like Iran or Syria, or their new pals in the area The Brotherhood, to yap off out of turn or make the fatal error to get involved militarily.

Go after it, diss arm or kill anyone with a weapon. With the USA's help of course.

Hey??????? isn't that whats already happening?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
LOL, Hamas launches 150 rockets into Israel, then calls Israel the "aggressors." Hilarious...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by forklift

That's what the Muslims want to think.

In the meanwhile, there's plenty of evidence to show that the "Arab Spring" has turned into a plan to spread "political Islam" (as Khamenei and Zawahri call it) throughout the Middle East and create a new Caliphate along the way.

I think the U.S. was duped into thinking it was only helping to spread democracy by supporting some of these Arab Springs, but in the long run we'll see that all we did was help to spread political Islam instead. I think the U.S. has finally figured this out. This is the only reason Syria hasn't been dealt with yet.

US was never duped, in a similar manner they were never duped into funding and arming mujahideen fighting soviets who would be used at a later date for a bigger agenda.

Exact same story taking place in Libya, Syria, Sudan, Malta and Egypt. Install extremists into power across the region than a few years down the line BOOM BOOM BOOM total wipeout.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We're still on track for Dec 21, 2012 it seems...

edit on 15-11-2012 by BeneathBaseStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

In the case of Libya, it wasn't planning on basing it's government on Islamic law in the beginning, I think that's changed now.

In the case of Egypt, we specifically asked them to keep the Muslim Brotherhood out of the last election, but we didn't keep that from happening either.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Its about time Israel liberates Gaza from Hamas

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Say what?

Nothing about this is liberating. Please read this thread from page 1.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hamas was "Elected" in 2006 NO elections sence they took power. Hamas are holding the people of Gaza hostage. They are hiding behind women skirts and childern.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Israel lost any credibility it had when it invaded Lebanon a few years ago.

It is no longer the victim but the bully.

Israel has hidden behind US military might for many years, it has the audacity to demand action to prevent Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon whilst having its own.

It is a hypocrite nation which acts in a barbaric way to peoples of the region.

I have no sympathy for that state and will never support them.

I'm not anti semitic, i just think it is a corrupt and offensive nation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaxuul
LOL, Hamas launches 150 rockets into Israel, then calls Israel the "aggressors." Hilarious...

I think there is much more to the story than we have been told, let's wait to see what comes out of the wash.

This conflict is an ongoing thing and I don't think it's that simple IMO.
To blame it on one side at this point is wrong.

Just wait.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Israel lost any credibility it had when it invaded Lebanon a few years ago.

It is no longer the victim but the bully.

Israel has hidden behind US military might for many years, it has the audacity to demand action to prevent Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon whilst having its own.

It is a hypocrite nation which acts in a barbaric way to peoples of the region.

I have no sympathy for that state and will never support them.

I'm not anti semitic, i just think it is a corrupt and offensive nation.

It was the same story then as now.

The difference is the name of the player... What was Hebollah is now Hamas, launching rockets into Israel.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
It seems the IDF wants to take away all Hamas's toys, and it appears that they won't stop until that job is complete.

I both hear, and understand what you are saying, but this is like trying to plug a leak without first cutting off the water supply.

They can stifle Hamas's ability to send rockets into Israel until the next cease fire, but then they'll stockpile more and begin the shooting again. I'm sure they realize this, so if they want a lasting peace, being that cease fires and peace talks fail, they'll have to do things that no one really wants them to do, and everyone knows what that is.
edit on 15-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Most of the people on this board Hate Israel and Jews. So no point arguing with them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

No, that's not true, we hate the governments and the rich men that get us into these troubles.
The common, or 'the 'small people' just want to live their lives.

That's like saying that I agree with my 'Harper Government' of Canada taking Israels side, I wish to take no side, I am just a person who wants to live in peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

I've been following this thread from page 1, majority of posts are from neutral point of view with lots of facts and links, most probably the best informative thread in recent time.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

INDEED

regardless f16 f15 merkava and so on so on so on

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Only a paranoid Muslim could believe this ignorant nonsense.

Israel is secular.

What's your logic in imagining that both Israel and America are "intent" on fulfilling biblical prophecy?

It's amazing the crazy $hit people will believe. There's no logical basis, AT ALL, to this asinine theory, yet you propagate it.

In fact, this theory originated in the west bank, a creation of Arafats PLO, based on the 'shape' on the background of the 10 agorot coin issued in 1988. The Palestinians 'inferred' that the background shape was in the shape of 'greater israel', indicating that the Zionists were planning to expand Israel!!! Too bad for them, in making asses of themselves, the background was simply in the shape of the coin found from the Hasmonean dynasty, as you can see here

It never fails to amaze me how Nazi era conspiracy theories circulate on this site, emanating mostly from the misinformed muslims of the middle east.
edit on 15-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I hope there will one day be peace.

There certainly will be. When you die. Thus anyway you look at it, conflict only works to bring about peace quicker!

I'd like to see some semblance of peace before I leave this world. I expect you were kidding, but in all seriousness... if I'm on my deathbed someday and this conflict is still going on, I will be profoundly disappointed in humanity and deeply depressed. Of course, I'll be about to die anyway, so I imagine I would be depressed regardless.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The great misconception is to assume everyone wants peace. Just because we in the West value peace does not mean everyone else has that as a basic value. There are some who would see peace as weakness or peace as standstill. If peace were wanted, peace would be had.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yep, we value peace as long as war is not on our territory

Alright, I heard ground invasion of Gaza begun!!!
edit on 15-11-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join