It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Rightwing

Why as a race can't we play nice? And treat everyone the same regardless of religion??

Do you mean "species"? if so i agree.

We should be able to co-exist regardless of race, gender or creed.

Though ancient grudges seem to die hard as evident with recent events.
edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)
Ummmm......A little too simplistic, your assuming that because we can make movies like "Pay it Forward" that we seem to have evolved beyond "Avatar". You can't take the territorial animal out of the human being...it's really nice to dream about everyone stepping into the light and ascending to a pure energy state together...Not going to happen. It's almost like being called a racist for poking fun at a theology.
I try to balance my Buddhist and Christian ideology of universal love with the fact that mostly, I just dont like people, dont care for them at all......it's like oil and water. If we could truly sit in a circle and fashion a viewpoint from ALL perspectives then there might be some hope for your desire...truth is that we seem to prefer our own perspective, however shallow or narrow that might be.

YouSir

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hopefully Israel and Palestine will be so busy watching you lot argue s#%*t among yourself , that they will be laughing too hard to pull the trigger.
edit on 15/11/2012 by mungodave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

The only people at this point to use Nukes would be the Jihad minded people.
reply to post by macman

...and you don't think Israel wouldn't use a nuke if it was their last resort? Any country who has nuclear capabilities would use them to protect their existence.

I'm sure Israel's enemy would love to wipe Israel off the map, but I don't think they have the advanced monitoring technology that Israel has. Any movement of a nuclear device aimed at Israel would surely be met with a quick devastating nuclear blow by Israel before the Jihadist's realized what hit them.

Yeah, I really have reservations of Israel using a nuke on any close country to them.

Maybe a tactical nuke on targets within Iran, but not on close neighboring countries.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Israel spent hundreds of millions creating the iron dome missile interceptor.

Hamas changed tactics by firing multiple rockets at the same time.

The interceptor now even fails to take down one dummy rocket as it's computer gets confused which one to take down first. Israel had the brains to create such an amazing defense system yet failed to realize such a basic flaw on it? Or was it deliberately made to be like that as hamas would not be a 'threat' anymore?

And Hamas gets happy when one or two odd Israelis die after firing 1000 rockets.

Israel than gets a chance to target practice on more civilians and test it's new weapons expanding it's borders as a bonus.

So who exactly is hamas fighting for?

Apparently hamas is a muslim brotherhood creation so i am still waiting for president morsi to help his poor brothers by firing a few long range guided missiles across the sinai into the heart of Tel-Aviv.

Nope can't see that happening either apart from condemnation against the evil zionists.

How about the wahabi/salafi milltants fighting Alawi Shia Assad in Syria? Surely those militants have a higher objective of wiping out israel whether they finish Assad or not? I guess i am again expecting too much from CIA armed and mossad trained, Saudi petro $$$ backed rebels.

edit on 15-11-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
The interceptor now even fails to take down one dummy rocket as it's computer gets confused which one to take down first. Israel had the brains to create such an amazing defense system yet failed to realize such a basic flaw on it? Or was it deliberately made to be like that as hamas would not be a 'threat' anymore?

The system's radar has priority zones. Rockets that are calculated to fall on desolate, empty areas are not intercepted due to costs and fairly logical reasoning.
Other than that, it's intercepting rates are very high. Of course it has it's flaws here and there but don't forget that it's a rushed system.

Your claim that it's a costly system is very true there's no denying that. For every rocket that took 50$ to build, the Iron Dome launches it's own 10000$ (perhaps more) rockets.
edit on 15-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

The interception rate of those systems are very low when faced with a barrage of rockets whether in priority zones or not.

That's why Hamas is using this new tactic:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The interception rate of those systems are very low when faced with a barrage of rockets whether in priority zones or not.

That's why Hamas is using this new tactic:

It has 20 barrels, I'm speaking with actual knowledge of the system my friend. Trust me, the problem is not with large amounts of rockets that are fired at the same time.

In fact a shooting 'session' into Israel rarely consists of only one or two launches, it's mostly a barrage of 7-8.
What you speak of was never a problem for Iron Dome, however there are other faults in the system (as I said, it was rushed) but nothing of the sort you're describing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
if wikki is to be belived it handles the rockets faily well

The Jerusalem Post reported that the system shot down 90% of rockets launched from Gaza it fired at (rockets which will land in unpopulated areas are ignored).[4] By April 2012 it had intercepted 93 rockets.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Iron Dome WASNT designed to take down every rocket-only those that are trajected to hit population centers. How many rockets that Hamas fires lands in empty fields? Almost 90% of them!!! Why would the Iron Dome shoot at those? DUH.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
if wikki is to be belived it handles the rockets faily well

The Jerusalem Post reported that the system shot down 90% of rockets launched from Gaza it fired at (rockets which will land in unpopulated areas are ignored).[4] By April 2012 it had intercepted 93 rockets.

en.wikipedia.org...

Official rates of success overall are somewhere around 70%-80%

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
3 Israeli's killed

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The Iron Dome WASNT designed to take down every rocket-only those that are trajected to hit population centers. How many rockets that Hamas fires lands in empty fields? Almost 90% of them!!! Why would the Iron Dome shoot at those? DUH.

How did the 3 israelis managed to get blown off the building than?

Out of 130 hamas $800.00 rockets, only 27 were intercepted within past 24 hours.

Billions have been spent to stop these home made rockets which the amateur Palestinians glue together after work.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

How did the 3 israelis managed to get blown off the building than?

The system has it's faults, it's not perfect and even a 99% success rate can lead to casualties.

Out of 130 hamas $800.00 rockets, only 27 were intercepted within past 24 hours.

I don't think you're even trying to understand:
The system does not intercept rockets that are bound to hit empty areas. As hamas' rockets barely have any guidance ability, it's common that they 'miss' and land on desolate places.
Iron Dome isn't supposed to protect the entire skies thus it is programmed to calculate the trajectory and only shoot at rockets that are bound to hit residential / populated / sensitive areas.

The rockets that are being launched are all counted, even those that are not even being shot at.

When you calculate the rates using the number of rockets that were intended to be intercepted, they are high. If the success rate was as poor as you suggest, the system and the entire project would be scrapped by now as fitting to any failed military toy.

Is it that hard to understand?
edit on 15-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Almost all the posts suppose Israel is the victim, and the US must help Israel, it's a God thing, a favoritism by the Lord as far as the future and the past, Israel and Biblical events in the last days. Most Americans who think in those terms believe they are on the side of Israel and it is beneficial to the US. But wait....the US is nowhere in the battle of Armageddon. All that is spoken of is Israel, Gog and Magog........ imagine that...

Perhaps it has something to do with Secession, or the Sink Hole explosive salt dome in Louisiana, or some act of nature catastrophe? We did just have Sandy, who knows what the cause. And be it popularity, trendy, observation or whatever reason beyond discontent, our government has gained a distinct notoriety as of being corrupt and divided, and it has been especially apparent in the last decade. And, it's a pretty apt description.

By and large, the people of the US have their own view and justification for their worldwide influences. In decades past, this might have been done in good faith. But really, I believe our appearance as White Night has morphed into our willingness to use any method necessary, It has become our undoing. The world stage is, and has been watching. And watching closely. Our propaganda has tried to spackle over all the cracks on our Veneer.

Oh I expect to get the usual ATS group of Armchair Commando patriots extolling their perverse views, claiming anyone thinking outside of 'their box' is in need of being booted out of the country as traitors. Well, their rants follow roughly those of Extremist who evers, such as Al Qaeda, Taliban, or Tea Party, anybody they can label as a Villain.
Here's a glimpse of what the World out there sees
english.pravda.ru...
edit on 15-11-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

just to stear the convo a bit , how do you see this playing out ?

de-escelation,
ground war?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"getting my popcorn, sitting back and enjoying the show"....Let the war games begin !!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
just to stear the convo a bit , how do you see this playing out ?

de-escelation,
ground war?

Ground war is almost a certainty IMO.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

The interesting question is will Egypt do anything besides talk and show their disgust? Will they come to the Palestinian people's aid, or just spew more virulent rhetoric towards Israel about their disdain for their actions.
edit on 15-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
harry fear

harry fear is streaming live from gaza.." Israeli spokesperson" quoted as saying that all communication between gaza and the outside world will be cut while the military achieve their objectives..

harry fear fb

also regular updates via facebook account
edit on 15-11-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
The interesting question is will Egypt do anything besides talk and show their disgust? Will they come to the Palestinian people's aid, or just spew more virulent rhetoric towards Israel about their disdain for their actions.

Egypt won't touch this with a 100 yard pole.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join