It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The next New Moon is scheduled for the 13th of December. Major conflict will likely occur then when the moon won't illuminate the battlefield. There'll be air assaults and rocket exchanges until then, but ground forces will want a black sky to benefit them on ground movements. If Israel is going to do something significant on the ground, it'll be on or around the 13th of December.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
3 Israeli's killed

hosted.ap.org...

What are you smoking bro?

From your own link:

Israeli authorities were trying to determine where the rocket may have landed on Thursday. Eli Bean, the head of Israel's rescue service, says no injuries have been reported.

Why did you post an article claiming three Israelis have been killed when the article mentions nothing of the sort? If it had been edited there would be a mod note explaining the edit.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm so sick of people referring to Hamas terrorists as "militants".

These psychotics couldn't be any further from what we could call 'civilized'. There ideology is crazed - we have proof of it in their TV shows, newspapers, textbooks - how much more proof is needed!! to prove what kind of people they are??

And yet there are equally or perhaps more demented supporters of these crazed Islamists, even though they would never reciprocate your support for them, for you! Does that not mean anything? Does their crazed ideology, their extreme adherence to the Salafist Shari'a, and their general hatred for western culture, for western concepts like freedom of speech, equality between men and women, and even the concept of human rights.

To speak of this as a 'war', is true. But it's a war waged by good decent people against a regime that has somehow scratched the label of legitimacy amongst the left - a left that closes its eyes and stuffs its ears with cotton so as not to ever acknowledge, EVER, what Hamas is all about, and what Israelis have to deal with.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

HERE you go, CNN, with video of the massive hole in the Israeli apartment building that killed 3 Israelis.

LINK

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313
The next New Moon is scheduled for the 13th of December. Major conflict will likely occur then when the moon won't illuminate the battlefield. There'll be air assaults and rocket exchanges until then, but ground forces will want a black sky to benefit them on ground movements. If Israel is going to do something significant on the ground, it'll be on or around the 13th of December.

The IDF will not wait 28 days.

Just saying.
edit on 15-11-2012 by morethanyou because: Do you think I'm stupid?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Yep, pretty much spot on.

I really don't think this ends well; I know we get predictions of TEOTWAWKI every day practically on here but this... this might really turn into something.

I guess it depends on how the other Muslim nations react and if they stay level headed.

I'm guessing that isn't going to happen though.
edit on 15-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

There's no way they'll wait that long.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just now there was an 11 month old a 2 year old and a 5 year old along with many other women and children killed in the gaza strip, And to find that my country (Canada) along with the states and uk is backing isreal in this horrible useless crime against humanity angers me. Are they having fun killing mothers and there babies? this is dissgusting. All in connection will oneday get what they deserve if not on earth they will see it when they die. And no im not muslim. But I am pissed off

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well its on like neck bone! Open war is what Hamas is calling this now. Israel is preparing for Gaza ground invasion. What does Hezzbollah and Iran do? Syria? Does this just blow over? What about Egypt? They brokered the cease-fire and the top Hamas commander Israzel just assinated was a stout ally of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo.

rt.com...

It is sad that people can't get along. Add religion and power and times never seem to change. I hope that innocent life that has no beef with either side of this war will flee to safety and a better coexistence with nature.

To understand this situation and how long it has been going on and on, have a look at this Wikipedia entry:

en.wikipedia.org...

I would so like to see all the people that want to kill each other over this stupid nonsense find the business end of each others rockets and bullets right away.

Get it over with already so the rest of us can live in peace.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

The only Muslim nation Israel is worried about is Egypt.

A ground campaign will be carried out to neutralize most of the terrorist presence in Gaza. And perhaps Israel is thinking a ground campaign will help mobilize the international community to speedily negotiate a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas.

Egypt could serve a useful role here. But recalling their ambassador pretty much after the first Israeli counter-assault, calling the Israeli ambassador to Egypt to reprimand him, and demonstrating against Israel at the UN, perhaps doesn't indicate that Egypt - with the new Muslim Brotherhood government - want's to play a constructive diplomatic role.

Perhaps I'm being cynical. Maybe Egypt will surprise me, as opposed to confirming my worse fears: that they will use this Israeli offensive as a pretext to 'intervene' for Gaza.

One of the major difficulties, and one of the main reasons why Israel has trained 'camera units' is to deal with the absolutely crazed Islamist mentality that allows a crowd of people to willingly endanger their lives while "militants" shoot at IDF troops. When Israel catches footage of this, hopefully it will bring to light how invidious and monstrous the Hamas regime is. They literally engineer situations in which the IDF will be forced to create civilian casualties.
edit on 15-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What burns my brain cells is that politicians like harper (yeah, small 'L' ) are 'Christians', therefore they use religious ideology to determine what side they are going to take.

Face it people, that is why western politicians support Israel, because the bible says so, and it doesn't help that our western governments have been infiltrated.

Yes, more Holy Wars.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by at1withharmony11

Well it's hard to avoid killing women and children when Hamas locates their bomb facilities, military facilities and government headquarters right besides nurseries, elementary schools and residential buildings.

Every nation on earth places these complexes in remote areas. Hamas places them right besides civilian areas, so that when Israel attacks, civilians will be killed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

So you think it is religion, and not culture? Canada is a liberal democracy; America is a liberal democracy, Israel is a liberal democracy.....But its religion that binds these parties together?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

It scares me, rather a lot actually, to think that Egypt and Morsi might be a deciding factor in if this really, properly kicks off.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gates of hell. Really? I wouldnt mess with some country that calls this action "Operation Pillar of Cloud". Sounds like they have some real biblical old school a##kicking in mind.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Toadmund

So you think it is religion, and not culture? Canada is a liberal democracy; America is a liberal democracy, Israel is a liberal democracy.....But its religion that binds these parties together?

Yes, it's bloody obvious it's religion.
What has this to do with democracy?

If you can't figure that out, there is no need to bother argueing with you about it as it would be pointless and a waste of typing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Gates of hell. Really? I wouldnt mess with some country that calls this action "Operation Pillar of Cloud". Sounds like they have some real biblical old school a##kicking in mind.

'The Lord went before them in a pillar of cloud by day, to guide them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, that they might travel day and night'.

The angel of God, who had been going ahead of the Israelite army, now moved and followed behind them; and the pillar of cloud shifted from in front of them and took up a place behind them and it came between the army of the Egyptians and the army of Israel. Thus there was a cloud with the darkness, and it cast a spell upon the night, so that the one could not come near the other all through the night.

They're not messing around.
edit on 15-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

scares me too..

It of course is no coincidence that once the Muslim Brotherhood came into power in Egypt, that the MB created Hamas would all of a sudden start launching rockets at Israeli cities with increased frequency.

They're trying to bait Israel into a wider conflagration, to the point where Egypt could "justify" intervening.

Poor Israel. It just never ends for them. It really is difficult to understand how a society as productive to the world as Israel, can be so amidst such a tense and anxious environment.

Another important factor which probably excites the Egyptians is the fact that Egypts military - which has been buoyed by American aid - is no longer soviet, but American. Unlike in '67 and '73, the Egyptians are on 'equal terms', in terms of military equipment, as the Israelis. This no doubt is a reason why the Egyptians are anxious to instigate conflict with Israel.

It just amazes me that Israel could be seen as the culprit. Egypt, Hamas, are ideologically aligned. So why is it so difficult to people to understand that Egypt and Hamas would have a definite interest in engineering this situation as a pretext for Egyptian interference? Or at least, an attempt to bait Israel into a situation in which interference could happen?

This is how politics work. We in the west support Israel because Israel is the only liberal democracy in the middle east. Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon etc, they are by no means 'liberal', although people like to fancy they are 'democracies' because they voted into power a totalitarian Islamist regime.

Again, this is the 'double think' of politics, where words like democracy, liberty, freedom, take on entirely new meanings often the exact opposite of what they actually mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why do people get angry at one side when both sides kill innocent human life?Hamas definetly started the war factual 100% certainty.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
Bare in mind though, it was Hamas that initiated the violence, yet again. The IDF cannot just sit back and allow the missiles to continue to rain down on their cities. They are targeting specific sites which are unfortunately hidden in or within close proximity of public buildings and in some cases, civilian areas. It's a no win situation for the IDF.

So the IRA bombing the UK for decades would justify the RAF bombing Irish civilians?

Not many nations think the way Israel does. But then again, if Israel actually had any intention of a diplomatic solution they wouldn't have walked away from the table, and continued stealing land from the Palestinians.

If Israel wanted to stop this, they could. They could hand over the land they have stolen from another people, they could lift the blockade on the people of Gaza, they could sit down at a table and actually have some dialogue. But they won't, and why? Because they are determined that they will wipe out the Palestinian people and claim their land for themselves. There is no other explanation for it.

There is one other explanation and its you have no idea.

All war is deception and anyone supporting any one side are against humanity the way it should be because humanity has been warring for a very long time now, when will a human realize that that is all they are and all other labels are used for control by the separation it creates

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join