It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

"Secessionists".....really? Were you born in 1840 by chance?

The last time I heard someone use the term secessionists was in a civil war movie.

we won't miss these crybabies

So those whose oppose the government's over reaching authority are crybabies? Funny how this crap swings left to right with each election, but no one is willing to deal with a traitorous government. Let's just blame the other side and tell them to f*** off. Afterall our team won right?
While you b**** at the right hand, the left is robbing you blind....and vice versa.

There are better ways of protesting than throwing a temper tantrum like a 14 year old

Who are you to judge someones methods of protest? As long as no one is hurt, and property is intact.....well then that would seem to fall right smack in the middle of the 1st ammendment.

And now we classify protesters as "throwing a temper tantrum"? Funny.....I bet that is how the english thought of the revolutionary war. Which was preceded by huge numbers of protests....as well as many petitions sent to the english government.

Dang this country was founded by "14 year olds" it seems.

No need to respond, I already know that you are not listenening. After all the blue team won, and that is what counts right? Good luck to you.

Really though, secessionists? Time for me to get my Union uniform outta the attic I guess.

Curse Jefferson Davis, and all off his ilk!

edit on 13-11-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: Spacing...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by GD21D

25,000 out of the population of Texas is a drop in the hat. I seriously doubt this a representation of the population there. Also willing to bet you will find more American flags in that state than many others.

Hell, you could easily find 25,000 people that believe a whole ton of nonsense on just about any subject.
Small pockets of resistance have grown into full revolution acts before. It can easily happen again. Petitions in how many states now? 22?

Update 2: Citizens in Arizona, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania have also filed petitions, bringing the number up to 22.
Citizens in 15 states file petitions to secede from United States I don't really care about how anyone can file a petition, that's not the point. The point is 25,000 people nationwide can turn into 50,000, can turn into 500,000. 500,000 people isn't the voice of the majority, but 500,000 people would still be 500,000 people. If in the event it grew to that point it may be unwise to not at least listen to their gripes, no matter how much you agree or disagree with them. To not listen may leave them with violence as an only option. Something I don't think many average Americans could handle.
edit on 13-11-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Your OP must be satire...but I am going with it for sh!ts and giggles...

Wow, well first off let me just say how far the censorship of speech in the US has gone. As I am writing this 563 people have signed this.

So what? In a DEMOCRACY people have that freedom. You can do YOUR silly stuff and they can't do theirs
If you don't like it...why not move to China or North Korea?

Is this what we have become? A nation that punishes and demeans other people's points of view?! A nation of "you don't like it, you can get out" minded fellows?

Funny. You are obviously a supporter of the "secede-people", so are you EXACTLY doing that! You don't like something...so you want "to get out". (Or kick other people out). And it's YOU guys who believe you are the only people who believe in God, "work hard" and whatnot. You guys repeat that over and over how you despise anyone thinking differently. Your entire rhetoric i heard the last weeks ("you" meaning you R-people) is nothing BUT demeaning others people's point of view. THE MAIN REASON you want to get out in the first place.

Why do most Americans not accept this as patriotism? A true patriot will stand up to violations of the constitution, and side with the people, not the government.

If you "side with the people" ..why are you so upset? America voted. The majority of people does NOT share your point of view. Seceding from the US is hardly a sign of "siding with the people". What you want is a fascist state where only die-hard racists will be left over and no other opinion and viewpoint will be tolerated. Take the example of Louisiana..what happens with the 31% blacks, 51% women and 30% percent young people? You seriously believe they would want to stay?

We now live in a nation that is not elected, but bought by corporate interests.

This might be true (the latter part)...but there WAS an election. Would you write all this rambling if your guy would have won? Hardly. Again: This is what communists or fascists do. When something does not run like they want..they start accusations and scream for actions. You BELIEVE you are an American, but you cant handle diversity and opposite viewpoints. Again..what are you even doing here?

Let me just make it clear: I do not believe a state should secede, but I believe in their right to do so. Since nullification of unconstitutional federal laws is no longer an option, I see it as a last resort. And with the Texas petition now surpassing 50,000+ signatures it is more than just a few anti-Obama republicans.

If states "simply secede"..then what's the point of elections, what's the point of free speech? It's a fake elections if, once there is an "inconvenient" outcome, you see the need to do such changes.

Fricking get your republican party straight and face realities, get better candidates...instead of whining and blaming everyone else. You could have *easily* won with a better candidate..so blind and brainwashed that you had the worst candidate America has ever seen in decades, still convinced you would win with that j/a of a joke of a candidate.

edit on 13-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
New petition:
Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America

Deport to where??

I really do not understand this petition.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz

Originally posted by cconn487
One could say those who want their states to stay slaves to the federal government's rules and regulations that supersede their own are unpatriotic to the country our forefathers created and died for numerous times.

The United States of America

not

The Federal United States of America

edit on 13-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

Lol ok so what if I said as far as I'm concerned states could legalize slavery?
How many do you think would?

And while we're on the subject.. What about the draft?? Do you not consider that involuntary servitude?

You can say whatever you want about slavery. I couldn't care less. While I wouldn't say the US is a textbook definition of a democracy, I think it works enough for the topic. Besides, the people who oppose slavery far outnumber those who think it should still be legal.

The draft is about as close to slavery as you can get. I think these days, most of the people would laugh at the prospect of there being a draft. I mean, sure, they could make one and tell people to report for duty. I'm sure there are some military families who find it a great honor to fight for their country. I think there are far more people who have watched the last 10 years fighting phantom enemies in the Middle East as a waste and nothing worth giving their life for.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Fricking get your republican party straight and face realities, get better candidates...instead of whining and blaming everyone else. You could have easily won with a better candidate..so blind and brainwashed that you had the worst candidate America has ever seen in decades, still convinced you would win with that j-a of a joke of a candidate.

These statements have NOTHING to do with with 1/2 of our ONE party was elected... these protest and petitions deal with the same crap we have been resisting since 2001.

Funny from 2001-2008 these people were labeled "liberal dissidents"....now with a democrat in office they are relabeled as "right wing dissidents"

Best way to stop them from hurting you if your in power? Redirect the anger towards something that has no impact on the outcome of events....like maybe which party is in the white house?

Dance puppets dance!!

The conductor may have changed, but americans as a whole are sick of hearing the same song over and over.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I signed my states

We will try peace first..

Ahh, there it is. The ever-present threat of violent revolt. Get it over with already! Get your guns and go act instead of the constant talk. I wonder how many far-right extremists are going to get themselves shot by the police in the next few years.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I wonder how many far-right extremists are going to get themselves shot by the police in the next few years.

Read my post above....you are being played like a cheap fiddle. Cut the strings pinnochio, you are actually a real boy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I wonder how many far-right extremists are going to get themselves shot by the police in the next few years.

Seriously, it's getting nuts...and you might have a point...people are snapping as it seems.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Hell, you could easily find 25,000 people that believe a whole ton of nonsense on just about any subject.

Very true, in fact:

Here are over 450,000 people who Urge Macy's To Dump Donald Trump
signon.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Satire? Well ok, individual rights right now are satire, ill give you that.

Your second argument is as a weak as they come. I'll quote.
So what? In a DEMOCRACY people have that freedom. You can do YOUR silly stuff and they can't do theirs If you don't like it...why not move to China or North Korea?

We do not, or rather SHOULD not live in a democracy. We live in a republic. The difference being those in the majority have a right to vote to take away the rights of a minority. Which, if you are fine with, then America is not the place for you. Please let us remain a REPUBLIC!

And your next statement.. Regarding something like.. "America Voted!

Yeah most people voted, regarding the same 2 party system as an actual change to the fundamentals of our liberties a revolution in itself?
You people make me sick.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Those are our fundamental laws, nothing else.

edit on 13-11-2012 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You GOP guys spent years saying you aren"t like the Confederate mentality. Freedom.

Free if it fits your version of Freedom.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
New petition:
Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America

Deport to where??

I really do not understand this petition.

It's petty & immature, something Americans are awesome at being.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump
You GOP guys spent years saying you aren"t like the Confederate mentality. Freedom.

Free if it fits your version of Freedom.

Wow you people that spout this ridiculous s*** really don't care, or pay attention to what others might say do you?

Well I tried, time to kick back and watch the massive train wreck heading our way(both this thread & the US).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
They voluntarily signed a petition declaring that they want to no longer be part of these United States. In my opinion they should have their citizenship revoked and deported. No one forced them to sign those petitions.

I think they should be forced to sleep in the bed they made. They basically renounced their citizenship signing that petition anyway.

I hear that Somalia has a small government that doesn't interfere with the people. How bout they go there?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
They voluntarily signed a petition declaring that they want to no longer be part of these United States. In my opinion they should have their citizenship revoked and deported. No one forced them to sign those petitions.

I think they should be forced to sleep in the bed they made. They basically renounced their citizenship signing that petition anyway.

I hear that Somalia has a small government that doesn't interfere with the people. How bout they go there?

Well the problem being since its not s true or in any way controled petition people use any name and half the people are from other states saying to get rid of them etc. So you have joke succesion petinions and now joke petition to about the people who signed the other joke petitions. Most likely they will just shut down the page for awhile until the pranksters have move on to something else.
edit on 13-11-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You can deport and dispose the people, but you will fail in suppressing their ideas.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

No one forced them to advocate secession either. Why do you see it as them or us?
I see it as us or the federal government.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
reply to post by HauntWok

You can deport and dispose the people, but you will fail in suppressing their ideas.

Totally true IMO.
I don't believe in many things the federal government is trying to claim ownership of, but I do still believe in our right to peaceably assemble.
Which many Americans claim is unpatriotic nowadays

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by cconn487
One could say those who want their states to stay slaves to the federal government's rules and regulations that supersede their own are unpatriotic to the country our forefathers created and died for numerous times.

The United States of America

not

The Federal United States of America

That's funny considering the fact that the founding fathers realized states had too much power, and got rid of the Articles of Confederation

The states have too much power? No, the ONE GOVERNMENT we have has too much power.

You are wise, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join