It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find the lack of media coverage disturbing.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There have been several 6.0+ quakes in the past 24 hours.... Nothing on the news.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lke123

Quakes are not increasing.

What is felt at the surface at any particular location is not indicative of the magnitude of the quake. Distance to the epicenter and the intervening geology make a difference.

The quake many may recall was the Mineral, Virginia quake that cracked the Washington Monument and was felt in New York City. That quake was not felt in places only 100 miles away. But it did shake NYC.

Check the records, there are on average 160 quakes M6 or stronger each year. That is slightly less than 1 every other day. There are on average 1319 M5 quakes a year!
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Thanks for the reply...The sad fact was evident this morning. My home page has 30 or so sites bookmarked, MSM-Conspiracy, Entertainment news...and this a.m. out of all those locations....there was just one about "New Yorkers still without power".

I cant imagine those N.Y'ers sitting there in the dark waiting for us to come and help...but we've moved on. Same with the Haiti earthquake, the Japan tsunami and other "Oh my God! We have to HELP those poor victims"! situations and crisis....We SAY it...we mean it...but tomorrow the talk will be about Linsay Lohan etc.

And thats a real shame. In conclusion...this morning a coworker saw this post and said to me...."Those hurricane people STILL dont have power? Wanna go to Burger King for lunch?

Sad, but true, especially in this case....give a serious situation a couple days...and we'll collectively forget...and wanna know about Christmas sales at stores etc.....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Believe man.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This scam has been covered in the MSM and its boring and done with now.

www.youtube.com... - Geraldo talks about it

www.youtube.com... - RT News whoever that is.

www.youtube.com... - Another fox report on it.

www.youtube.com... - CNN

I could probably find more where they talk about this garbage, but do not want to look anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Comming from my point of view I can understand how my comment may seem as biased or a conflict of interest, however, here goes:

Y2K was not all hype. Let's say that the telco company did not prepare for Y2K. If they would have just allowed for applications to fail and fixed them afterwards, they would have spent more.

More in resolving the issues because now they are emergency issues, they need to be fixed now. In the service trinity, fixed now and done the right way is not cheap.

More in PR costs because now they have to soothe the masses.

More in lawsuits because now there is the potential for them to get sued.

More in employee compensation because now they have to pay for any additional man hours by their base staff.

As I have stated, the Y2K computer bug was a real threat. It was not some gimmick.

Documented errors

Before 2000
On 28 December 1999, 10,000 card swipe machines issued by HSBC and manufactured by Racal stopped processing credit and debit card transactions.[3] The stores relied on paper transactions until the machines started working again on 1 January.[22]

On 1 January 2000

When 1 January 2000 arrived, there were problems generally regarded as minor. Problems did not always have to occur precisely at midnight. Some programs were not active at that moment and would only show up when they were invoked. Not all problems recorded were directly linked to Y2K programming in a causality; minor technological glitches occur on a regular basis. Some caused erroneous results, some caused machines to stop working, some caused date errors, and two caused malfunctions.

Reported problems include:
In Sheffield, United Kingdom, incorrect Down syndrome test results were sent to 154 pregnant women and two abortions were carried out as a direct result of a Y2K bug. Four Down's syndrome babies were also born to mothers who had been told they were in the low-risk group.[23]
In Ishikawa, Japan, radiation-monitoring equipment failed at midnight; however, officials stated there was no risk to the public.[24]
In Onagawa, Japan, an alarm sounded at a nuclear power plant at two minutes after midnight.[24]
In Japan, at two minutes past midnight, Osaka Media Port, a telecommunications carrier, found errors in the date management part of the company's network. The problem was fixed by 02:43 and no services were disrupted.[25]
In Japan, NTT Mobile Communications Network (NTT DoCoMo), Japan's largest cellular operator, reported on 1 January 2000, that some models of mobile telephones were deleting new messages received, rather than the older messages, as the memory filled up.[25]
In Australia, bus-ticket-validation machines in two states failed to operate.[26]
In the United States, 150 slot machines at race tracks in Delaware stopped working.[26]
In the United States, the U.S. Naval Observatory, which runs the master clock that keeps the country's official time, gave the date on its website as 1 Jan., 19100.[27]
In France, the national weather forecasting service, Meteo France, said a Y2K bug made the date on a webpage show a map with Saturday's weather forecast as "01/01/19100".[26] This also occurred on other websites, including att.net, at the time a general-purpose portal site primarily portal site primarily for AT&T Worldnet customers in the United States.

Source

-saige-

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is kind of strange when you recall that old saying - "The revolution will not be televised."

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Maybe the Obama adminstration is spending like there is not tomorrow because there is no tomorrow.

That being said, there may be a conspiracy here and there may not be. Personally I don't think we will really know anything concrete on Dec. 21, 2012. If there is anything to this date it will only be a biginning of something which will take time to unfold.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just another viewpoint on this...

I do find it weird...here's why.

Our generation practically obsesses about the Apocalypse. Think about it...Fall Out becomes one of the biggest video games, The Walking Dead is the highest rated show on TV, shows coming out like Doomsday Preppers, and movies like 2012 and select others over the years.

Zombies, Pandemic, Apocalypse have all been very popular rising niches in the 21st century.

We have become accustomed to and accepting of it. Think about it? Who wouldn't want to spend time in an abandoned prison shooting zombies up all day?

I know the end seems terrible, but in a way, it's also exciting to us.

Why is it that the media makes huge hypes about this event since 2007 but when it gets here, they get silent? People do talk about it, all the time. I load up Facebook and see people talking about the end of the world, the apocalypse, and Dec. 21.

But it's not as big anymore because the media doesn't say anything about it anymore
THEY STOPPED TAKING ADVANTAGE OF OUR LOVE FOR THE APOCALYPSE. But it still grows, it grows regularly and people fantasize about it. Why do they not take advantage of it anymore for their own gains? That is what they do right? Apocalypse coming...they get more viewers, money, ratings. It doesn't make since that one potentially big and interesting ordeal to people on this planet wouldn't be talking about it more-so right now. Fear is what they love, so why are they not strickening us with fear?

I don't think the world is going to end on Dec. 21. But I wouldn't be surprised if something big did occur on this date...we've been accustomed to accepting it for so long.
edit on 15-11-2012 by resuwen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by resuwen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by resuwen

Thank you, thats been my point to starting this thread the entire time.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
What remote viewers?

I'm not suggesting that this is 'evidence' and there are other accounts from remote viewers but this video seems to match the drama packaged nicely in a youtube video;

Watch and collate your own thoughts on it's validity.

edit - oh btw after you've watched it think of how similar the desciption of the destruction looks like the imagery of Nibiru, a winged celestial object, something already in our solar system if you imagine the sun with gigantic solar flares.
edit on 16-11-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The 2012 "end of the world" scenerio has been played out continuously for years now.

How can anyone who pays attention to the media, whether it be radio, tv, internet, think that there has been no coverage?? Or lack of coverage??

I find the events that are currently taking place quite interesting and coincidental. Considering the Israel conflict in Gaza, and other occurances, that when taken seperately don't make much of a story, but, when you combine the recent events with the prophecy of the Mayan's and other ancient cultures, it becomes easy to connect the dots and jump to conclusions. These conclusions are based solely in fantasy, and require unrestrained faith.

Wishful thinking aside, busted

~Rev

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Oh ya it's all gonna happen! Trust me.... the power and utilities will go out on that day. Their will be a massive pandemic starting, anything requiring power will not turn on. Strange creatures, maybe alien hibrids will immerge to try and kill everyone....Yep and it's all gonna happen in 6 weeks, you can bet your life on it, just like Y2K! Better get hidden in a bunker somewhere and have your mre's and guns ready with the safety's off. As for me I'll be the one raiding your house...and right in the chaos where I want to be. I want to be shooting things up, grabbing stuff, and running around like a wild man! So get ready the end of the world his here AGAIN!

Well.... rather than say it....here it is......

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by lke123

Quakes are not increasing.

What is felt at the surface at any particular location is not indicative of the magnitude of the quake. Distance to the epicenter and the intervening geology make a difference.

The quake many may recall was the Mineral, Virginia quake that cracked the Washington Monument and was felt in New York City. That quake was not felt in places only 100 miles away. But it did shake NYC.

Check the records, there are on average 160 quakes M6 or stronger each year. That is slightly less than 1 every other day. There are on average 1319 M5 quakes a year!
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Actually the earthquakes are increasing. In another thread I calculated it out and it definitely showed an increase. So why don't you post data that proves that it is not increasing? I am not debating it with you either since I have observed your tactics on here and I know that's what will be coming next. You can take it or leave it. But I won't sit back and watch you post lies to people. The earthquakes have been increasing in size and strength over the last decade.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Here is someone else who broke it down. endoftheamericandream.com...
It has lots of data and graphs for you to look at.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Remote viewers are a scam. They were dumped by the government because their efforts were deemed useless. Remote viewers viewed the mothership behind Hale Bopp. RVers have viewed a mining operation Mars - there is none as shown by repeated imaging of the area. RVers saw the giant mountains of Jupiter. There are none. RVers are a bunch of self deluded wackos.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Actually the earthquakes are increasing. In another thread I calculated it out and it definitely showed an increase. So why don't you post data that proves that it is not increasing? I am not debating it with you either since I have observed your tactics on here and I know that's what will be coming next. You can take it or leave it. But I won't sit back and watch you post lies to people. The earthquakes have been increasing in size and strength over the last decade.

That's just plain wrong. There has been no increase. Please provide a link to where you did these calculations.

The only thing that is increasing is the ability to locate quakes.

You write on this page.

the number of major earthquakes has been rising steadily over the past decade, and the 2600 major earthquakes that we are on pace to have this year is going to far surpass all of the previous years on this chart….

1. It's not true that quakes are steadily rising. The graph is not monotonic is it?
2. There is no pace to quakes. They do not happen at regular intervals.

Overall quakes are seen to be independent random events. The relative standard deviation is 0.22 indicating that there is a great deal of fluctuation from year to year. There simply is not enough data here to determine if there is a trend.

Due to the manner in which earthquakes have been recorded, the only long term data is a record of larger quakes. Due to the log nature of the scale, these larger quakes represent the bulk of the energy released by quakes. Larger quakes, i.e. the overall energy released by quakes, are not changing.

If, as many geologists claim, the reason for the higher number of major earthquakes is our constantly improving ability to detect them, then why was the number of earthquakes magnitude-6.0 or greater fairly consistent between 1973 and 1999?

That is a simple question you should have been able to figure out on your own.

From the following page we learn that 1976 was a year with more big quakes than average, yet your plot misses the point by plotting numbers of quakes which is not that important because it does not reflect energy release.
www.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

You are drawing unwarranted conclusions from the data. It's a commonly made mistake. You see it in gamblers and day traders.

Barack Obama has already declared more major disasters in less than three years than any other president has ever declared over an entire four year term.

It doesn't matter if that is true or not. That does not imply anything about future events.

These quakes opened up deep fissures in the ground

That is another misconception about quakes. They can only open shallow fissures due to horizontal movements of ground.

Over the past few years, the “Ring of Fire” around the Pacific Ocean has become unusually active. We have seen absolutely devastating earthquakes hit places such as Chile and New Zealand. Earlier this year, Japan experienced the worst earthquake that it has ever seen and it produced a tsunami that was so devastating that it will never be forgotten.

Again you make inferences that are unwarranted. Japan has experienced large quakes. This is just the largest one that has been recorded. It was 9.0.

There were quakes of 8.4 and 8.6 respectively in 864 and 869. The values are guesses based on what people wrote down about the events. In 1489 another 8.6. Big quakes are known to the area. Before these times there is lack of evidence from first hand accounts.
en.wikipedia.org...
A scan of the page shows that huge quakes are not common. They occur sporadically. They have some sort of random distribution.

Seeing clustering in random data is normal. You expect that to happen. You expect to have clusters in random data. There is something called the clustering illusion.
en.wikipedia.org...

Seismologists know from statistical tests that earthquakes appear to be random. They deal with that when working with earthquake data. They avoid seeing trends in short term data samples.
edit on 16-11-2012 by stereologist because: read the next post

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I am using the term significance in the mathematical sense of hypothesis testing. There is a significant number of people who correlate 12/21/2012 with a number of events, the end of the world, end of the Mayan long count calendar and the enlightened ascension, etc. I am not equating significant as evidence of anything happening. I am stating there is a measurable number of people who hold that date as important.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
What remote viewers?

I'm not suggesting that this is 'evidence' and there are other accounts from remote viewers but this video seems to match the drama packaged nicely in a youtube video;

Watch and collate your own thoughts on it's validity.

edit - oh btw after you've watched it think of how similar the desciption of the destruction looks like the imagery of Nibiru, a winged celestial object, something already in our solar system if you imagine the sun with gigantic solar flares.
edit on 16-11-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

Major Ed Dames and his "crew" have had failed predictions after failed predictions and when he's right he's very vague. I've looked at some of his "work" in the past and haven't seen anything that makes me think he's legit, actually i'm pretty sure stereologist and I have posted a bunch of his failed predictions in a past thread.
Edit: Dames has been wrong on this Kill shot a few times in the past if i'm not mistaken.
edit on 18-11-2012 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe they stopped making money from it, or there was a threat of funding loss if they perpetuated it any further then they needed to?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join