It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISREAL: "There May Be a Major Escalation Within Hours"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
It is sad to see all the Israeli haters, Israel has a right to defend herself and has shown remarkable restraint through the years, Secondly Palestine has never existed, this is Israeli land from 1000's of years ago, not to mention the Biblical aspect that this land was given by God to Abraham, The hajji's believe it is also their holy place so what more do you expect. The muslims only respond and respect force, over whelming force. Weakness as Obama has demonstrated only fans the flames of hatred which has existed in that region for thousands of years. Let Israel handle them if they fall short, we can provide some shock an awe.

Please, please - read your history. Israel never existed as a state - only a people (kind of like the Sioux Nation). It was created by the UN in the aftermath of WWII.

Here is a link to a map of Palestine in 1946.

www.palestineremembered.com...

and here is a link to wikipedia entry (not the best source) for the history of Palestine:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Actually you need to check your history. Israel did exist as a state long before... and just while we're using wikipedia now as a reliable source
here you go. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Uberdavo

I actually answer most if not all posts.

It's you people who ignore history/facts etc.

Anywhoo...Gotta go to bed.

Ignore history and facts? Well history shows the Zionist parasites tortured, murdered and ran the Palestinians out of the land back in the late 40's after the British decided it was a great idea to simply pack their sh!t and walk out of Palestine.

Ever since, Israel has been under attackand now their paranioa is taking over. Israel deserve to be paranoid for the rest of their existence. Its what they made for themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavTrooper0430 Israel did exist as a state

Historically the official language was never 'hebrew'

And again,
If israel is to be truly democratic, then it must be democratic
to all. Jerusalem belongs to christians, muslims and jews.

edit on 13/11/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I'm going to stop replying to your posts since each time you clearly are not interpreting what I'm saying. I never once mentioned, nor implied, that anyone spoke Hebrew at any time...

I have never once in my comments made an argument for one way or the other, I'm simply trying to include ALL the facts objectively so that others can come to their own opinions.

I feel it's wrong to only go back in the last century of history to look at the issue. The Jews didn't just simply invade Palestine in 1947 as many like to post without any context.
edit on 13-11-2012 by CavTrooper0430 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I guess you would say the same thing.If Mexico was shooting missles into Texas.

Do you think they'd take Texas back?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Judging by the vast amount of stars on pro-israel comments on this thread i suddenly realized there are a LOT of ATS members who do not care about justice and right or wrong.
They care more about politics, territory and religion.
That makes me sad

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I love the israel has the right to defend itself argument when all it's doing is cutting into other people's territory ... and you call that defense?

This article is just from a few days ago

Israel advances plans for 1,213 new West Bank settlement homes

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
I love how you can be granted a strip of unincorporated, sparcely populated land by the UN, get attacked multiple times by the neighboring countries, who lose said property due to the results of the failed attack, and then be seen as a "land thief", that's funny.....

The land wasn't empty you arrogant, deluded land-thief.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavTrooper0430

Actually you need to check your history. Israel did exist as a state long before... and just while we're using wikipedia now as a reliable source
here you go. en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the quote from wikipedia regarding ancient Israel:

Antiquity
Further information: History of ancient Israel and Judah and History of Palestine

The notion of the "Land of Israel", known in Hebrew as Eretz Yisrael (or Eretz Yisroel), has been important and sacred to the Jewish people since Biblical times. According to the Torah, God promised the land to the three Patriarchs of the Jewish people.[32][33] On the basis of scripture, the period of the three Patriarchs has been placed somewhere in the early 2nd millennium BCE,[34] and the first Kingdom of Israel was established around the 11th century BCE. Subsequent Israelite kingdoms and states ruled intermittently over the next four hundred years, and are known from various extra-biblical sources.[35][36][37][38]
The northern Kingdom of Israel, as well as Philistine city states fell in 722 BCE, though the southern Kingdom of Judah and several Phoenician city states continued their existence as the region came under Assyrian rule. With the emergence of Babylonians, Judah was eventually conquered as well.

All four of the 'extra-bibical' sources cited are of recent origin (latest being 1985). Granted these are probably secondary or teriatary sources, the Bible cannot be a sole source of authenticity. On this matter.

I don't know much more about the post Egyptian era of the Kingdom of Israel/Philstine. Not that interested. Whatever the case is the Jewish people don't have a good claim on the land. And even less of a claim on the land that has been stolen from the Palestinians since the UN Mandate.

It's informative to look at just how much the 'Borders' have changed since the state of Israel has come into being. Here is a link to the changes between 1946 and 2008. Tell be this is not a war of aggression.

liberationofpalestine.wordpress.com...

edit on 13-11-2012 by FyreByrd because: Forgot link

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

So... you just reiterated my point that there was an Israelite state centuries ago before Palestine, but then add that you don't see any claim to land? I'm confused. Again, you can't look at the issue based on contemporary events, there's way too many other dynamics involved that go back centuries. Additionally not all Israelis are Jews, almost a quarter are Arab. www.cia.gov...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

So... you just reiterated my point that there was an Israelite state centuries ago before Palestine, but then add that you don't see any claim to land? I'm confused. Again, you can't look at the issue based on contemporary events, there's way too many other dynamics involved that go back centuries. Additionally not all Israelis are Jews, almost a quarter are Arab. www.cia.gov...

But with that i'm sure that others have also staked their claim to the land around Israelis pissy, short termed occupation somewhere back in the distant past.Oh wait a minute, God just spoke to me..He said I have the rightful claims to Israel.. Should I go and claim my promised land?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
May i remind those, who think that the Bible is justifying the present slab of land called 'israel ',
that she has but 1 thing to say about it:

Ez 36 - ' The enemy [ edom/zionism ] has said of you [ the territory of canaan ] :
Aha ! Those ancient heights have become our posession ! " [ = 1948 ]

All scriptures that are used to suppórt the present slab of land being Gods doing,
are misused, misapplied and straight Deception.

" My kingdom is NOT of this world ".
so
how come, that só many who say they believe, are só fanatically wrong, concerning this Hoax...?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

The Israel hatred at this website is deplorable.

In context, you've failed to use this tactic to manipulate my view here. Playing the poor Jew card and claiming that what isn't black, must be white, in order to get your own way.

This isn't honest.

I don't hate you, but I could understand why others might if you keep being dishonest and manipulative with them.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
But lets agree on one thing

...you don't owe Israel a damn thing... none of us do. They are not special, they are not a magical country that needs to be defended for what ever cost NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

They are a strain on the economy, they are a thorn in the side of those wanting peace and equality.

In all honesty... I think the best thing would be for them to battle out with who ever they think they need to battle, and then let them suffer the consequences.

I repeat: we have NO REASON to safe guard the existence or prosperity of Israel... NONE.

Start with our own countries, then help those countries who really need help. Countries where people are hungry and in need of education.

Stop peddling money, guns and politics to war crazy psycopaths like Netanyahu!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Whoooaa stop the bus please I want to get off..... People just stop and take a step back and look what is happening here ,this right here is the reason Israel and Palestine will never be at peace ,the war has started already right here on ATS.... He said she said they did it its the Jews no it's the islamists they killed so many civilians no they killed so many of our citizens when the hell is this all going to end..... Truth be told it probably never will ,it will take superhuman effort on both sides to talk peace and make it stick but that is the hard way it is far easier to drop bombs and missiles on each other ,when will the people of these respective countries give their leaders (WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADING!!!) the finger and just come to an agreement by themselves and screw the politicians who can't see past the end of their noses on both sides.... I am tired of watching humanity tear itself to pieces think of what we could have acheived in research and technology instead of using all our talent on finding ways to better kill ourselves.....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by gortex

Better he should just wait for them to start tossing warheads at Israel? I have relatives there and I would prefer he didn't wait for those crazy bastards in Iran or Syria to act first. They are the one's begging for a war. Israel is not the bully. They are David fighting Goliath, again.

Where is your proof of this? All we ever see in the news is Nutjobyahoo begging for war!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Well said. I'm a realist though and I realize there will never be world peace. That said I'm neither pro-Israel nor pro-Palestine. What I am is pro-stable Middle-East. As much as people like to rant about the evils of U.S. oil interests, they wouldn't wine so much when the price of gas sky rockets past 10 dollars a gallon. Not to mention all the other goods that we depend on that are petroleum products (e.g. plastics).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CavTrooper0430

Read The Bible, it was around before Wikipedia and is kind of the whole point of all this.

There is no state of Israel, only a nation of peoples, the blood line of Jacob (aka Israel).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by cookiemonster32

Well said. I'm a realist though and I realize there will never be world peace. That said I'm neither pro-Israel nor pro-Palestine. What I am is pro-stable Middle-East. As much as people like to rant about the evils of U.S. oil interests, they wouldn't wine so much when the price of gas sky rockets past 10 dollars a gallon. Not to mention all the other goods that we depend on that are petroleum products (e.g. plastics).

But excuse me... it's not like the US is the only country in the world.

All we ever hear is "oh dear... gas prices are high in the US... oh dear, we need to kill and invade because it's our right to have a low gas price, even if it has consequences for other nations and its peoples.

WHAT THE # is up with that kind of mentality???! The course of the world should never be based on the needs of the average American. End of story.

# if your gas prices go high... they were too low to begin with, not adjusted to the future world we will live in. You are spoiled, naive, careless.

So don't use the bloody argument about gas prices. Deal with the fact that you are NOT entitled to the riches of the world.... noone is. This Earth is meant to be shared and if that means that Americans have to adjust downwards, then so be it. So many people is this world have it way harder than they need to because someone else wants more more more more.

That is disgusting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join