It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

No, that was a valid question. It looks about the size of a sewer tank. I was simply asking where they may of placed it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

I understood what you were saying, I don't know how anyone would have taken your post as offensive. Asking about the septic tank's location is indeed a valid question, who knows maybe his septic system was somehow breached, and caused a break in the gas line, which flooded the septic tank with gas, which found its way to an ignition source.

That would explain a small crater where the underground septic tank blew up, it would explain how gas could build up without people noticing (because it was building up underground in the septic tank) although I'm still not sure if that would be enough gas volume to create the explosion.

Really the main thing that blows my mind isn't the damage in the immediate area, but the reports of earthquake like feelings at 30miles away. If this part of the story is actually unrelated, related but not a result of the explosion itself, or just totally fabricated than it seems far more plausible this is just a gas explosion. But if it's true that there were earthquake-esque tremors 30 miles away, and they were in fact caused by the explosion, not just related to it somehow, then something more has to be going on.

EDIT: After reading on, someone local said they don't use septic tanks. That idea is out I guess. Although you never really know... in my area everyone used to have buried fuel oil tanks. The city wanted people off them, those who could afford it had them dug up and hauled off. I know of several who just filled their oil tanks with rocks and dirt and let them rot underground as to not pay for digging them up. They aren't "officially" there so if there was a problem being cause by them people probably wouldn't even guess that it could be fuel oil tanks causing problems, unless they know/remember that some people left theirs in place.

Although being a newer housing area I'd bet that the city was absolutely sure about getting rid of the septic tanks, being harder to hide from the government these days and all...
edit on 12-11-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

I will help you out here, Even though you posted an edit.
This area would not have septic tanks or a finger system
The house is not old enough to have an "oil tank"
I am not aware of anyone in the area of question using such to heat their house.
There are many homes that have oil tanks through out Indiana, and Indianapolis for that matter. You are correct about people filling them in with rocks, But most in Indianapolis area and surrounding areas filled them with sand. However, these would most likely be found in homes 45+ years old built in the 1950's these homes would not be old enough for such "officially do not exist" tanks.
Heating oil would be much more expensive to use than NG possibly more expensive than electric here in Indiana,.
With that being said.

I would like to inform you while you have a good idea going here. I am 99.999999 percent sure this is not the case. and Especially so in this neighborhood. As the homes to my knowledge are not old enough..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by littleewok

thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, i hadn't seen it before you posted it

i'm curious, was there a determination as to a "cause" ??
speculation is all we have here and apparently (from that story) all they have there either.

serial furnace killer ??

i sure hope not.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Hi Magma! I have considered drones...as well as an underground explosion, (salt, methane), and although I realize everyone is talking about whether or not there's a "crater", I'll have to find the story-but a few people from EMS/FIRE/LE, as well as a resident who went in on Monday-all remarked about some crater. Is there a chance we just can't really discern it from photos? Or for the ATS members who submitted photos with suspected craters-perhaps they're right.

With drones/meteor/sat, I just have a problem that at 11pm at night, on a SATURDAY night-why were there so few, (if ANY, credible), sightings?

PS-since one of my physicians about 20years ago, actually wrote in red magic marker "ALIEN?" on both my son's and my charts....well, I attempted calling my "brethren" out there in the great beyond...apparently they have better things to do, sorry.!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NPSmutant
AND, as a noobie, back on a board, I forgot the most important part; a link. Excuse my addled mind-I'm guessing its a symptom of reading ATS posts for hours on end....

www.indystar.com...

That was a good article, thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by veo912

I will help you out here, Even though you posted an edit.
This area would not have septic tanks or a finger system
The house is not old enough to have an "oil tank"
I am not aware of anyone in the area of question using such to heat their house.
There are many homes that have oil tanks through out Indiana, and Indianapolis for that matter. You are correct about people filling them in with rocks, But most in Indianapolis area and surrounding areas filled them with sand. However, these would most likely be found in homes 45+ years old built in the 1950's these homes would not be old enough for such "officially do not exist" tanks.
Heating oil would be much more expensive to use than NG possibly more expensive than electric here in Indiana,.
With that being said.

I would like to inform you while you have a good idea going here. I am 99.999999 percent sure this is not the case. and Especially so in this neighborhood. As the homes to my knowledge are not old enough..

I don't think I was clear enough about what I meant. The oil tank example was just a local/personal one that shows even though things are supposed to be a certain way, and in some people's minds are that way, the truth can be something different. I wasn't trying to say that the people in Indiana had oil tanks.

A previous poster asked where the location of the septic tank would be in the pictures of the burnt/blown out houses. Someone else said that they no longer have septic tanks, I wasn't sure if it was a "never had them" or "don't have them anymore" situation, I was just bringing up the slight possibility that the previous poster was right when thinking the crater looked like it could have been a septic tank, even though they aren't supposed to have septic tanks. Which is why I used the oil tank example to show that it's possible, even if they aren't supposed to currently have septic tanks, that they still had one. I'm still not clear on if their tanks were all removed or if they are too new to ever have them, either way it's not a theory I think is very plausible, I was just trying to back up the other guy that was getting attacked for talking about septic tanks.

Boy that was a lot of explanation for something that doesn't really matter

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Fuel/air (thermobaric) weapon pictures

edit on 13-11-2012 by AmosNomore because: parenthetical

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
For some closure on this thread but not definitive, a gas explosion does seem likely:

The owner of a home that exploded in an Indianapolis neighborhood, sparking a raging inferno that left two people dead and damaged more than 30 homes, has expressed concern that a faulty furnace may be to blame.

John Shirley said he received a text message last week from his daughter about a problem with the furnace at the house the girl shares with her mother and her mother's boyfriend.

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

that is seriously old news and rehashed repeatedly ... his hearsay is nothing substantial or even provable at this point.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

that is seriously old news and rehashed repeatedly ... his hearsay is nothing substantial or even provable at this point.

He's the owner of the house mate

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Honor93

He's the owner of the house mate
he hasn't resided in that house for over a year, mate

got a copy or link to the text ?? nah, didn't think so.

got a link or a copy of the timestamp on the text ?
yeah, i haven't seen one of those yet either.
if you want to believe his hearsay, have at it, it's still hearsay, mate.

texts on the otherhand, are recorded and retrievable ... without evidence, it's nothing but a tale mate, nothing but a tale. and there's plenty of those going 'round.

PS --> isn't anyone giving credence to the public, written statement released by the gas company that states NO LEAKS were found ??
how can a gas furnace produce an explosion WITHOUT any traces of a gas leak ?
edit on 13-11-2012 by Honor93 because: add PS

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Nice to know that when your neighbors screw up and home blows up so will yours, but people choose to live in close proximity of others like hotdogs in a package. So when you got water problems, gas line problems and fires you all have the potential to share the same fate when disaster strikes. Those are large newer homes and a gas leak could seep into the ground and basement area and then fill the home and you got one huge bomb basically. It fills up till it reaches a pilot light of another device such as a stove at the other end of the home and KABOOM you have 2000+ square feet of flammable gasses going off at once. Gas in homes need to be inspected religiously. Flashback arrester and things like that in shops need to be inspected regularly. If you leave your home for any extended period of time turn everything off.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Originally posted by LouisianaMan

Originally posted by LouisianaMan
will someone please take a look at the aerial footage from the blast here in Louisiana that was felt 50 miles away. it knocked the train off the track and before the blast a white light was seen streaming across the sky from Texas to Minden before the boom. Look at the 1:38 to 1:41 of the clip, you can see a crater that is still smoking the next day............ thanks

www.youtube.com... the crater here in Louisiana looks exactly the same size of the one in indianapolis

Here is the video.. The blast area does look very similar

In the beginning of the video when the helicopter pans around it looks like the same "path" of destruction seen at the homes, like 17 seconds in

Maybe I am just seeing things.. but these two explosions look really similar. The first sweep of the helicopter right at the beginning looks just like the ariel photo from that neighborhood,

Am I seeing things?

Not sure why this is showing up as a quote.. i erased the [ quote] tags
edit on 12-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

Hmmmm 2 blast's seconds apart sounds about the same is this one if you listen to the youtube video's.

patterns are close to the same...

kind of makes ya wonder.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

Originally posted by redtic
Gas explosion completely destroys home

www.wishtv.com...

posts from people to local station facebook page
www.facebook.com...

a house explosion IS NOT felt around a 30 miles radius
edit on 10-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

They can be felt pretty far away, depending on how big the explosion is. When I was still in school, a house exploded (from gas) near where we lived. Our house literally SHOOK, and we were a couple of miles away. From the reports, people heard it a lot farther off. NO doubt in that case, because I saw the lot afterwards. Very tragic thing, as the elderly couple that lived there were killed. So, if you had such an explosion, I would bet that's what you all heard. I know how frightening it can be, though.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Interesting, the previous poster mentioned
Hellfire Missles, so i did some searching....

We know there were 2 explosions reported seconds apart.

now although this is animated video, take a look

youtu.be...

Still looking for a above shot of the blast pattern from one to compare..

not saying i fully believe it, but its a option being discussed so figured id jump
in and do what i can to prove or disprove.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
Does anyone know where the Hunters in Tennessee were hunting at the time they saw the Meteorite?

I am trying to map out some trajectory of a meteorite that three witnesses have said they saw at the time of the explosion on in the UK one in TN and the other in SC.

If anyone else saw a meteorite at the time of the explosion please give you location and the direct and angle (best as you can guess) so I can work on a mapping model. If you happen to notice the time please note that too.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

Hey Chester, my wife and father-in-law were outside the house about an hour before the event in Indianapolis and they heard a loud boom, unlike any gun blast they've heard. I was in the house in my office at the computer against the wall and I also heard the boom but not real loud and also my desk is against the wall and it felt as if something hit against the wall, I thought it was them throwing something against the house, didn't think much about it till they came in and said it was a boom. It was cloudy and overcast here in northern Wisconsin so nothing could be seen but we determined it was most likely a meteor. The wife said too that just seconds after the first boom she heard a whooshing sound that lasted a few seconds. Thoughts were that this was a smaller fragment maybe from the breaking up of the meteor. Also, on Halloween night I posted in another thread about fireballs being seen that I saw one to the NNW sky from here a very bright falling star (fireball) that fell straight down. Don't see them fall that way very often. Last night I was talking with a friend about this Indianapolis thing and he said he saw a fireball fall straight down also in the northern sky just two nights before this.

Seems like with all these other witnesses on Friday night they were probably separate events. There are a lot of fireball events lately, and I'm curious to how many of these witnesses are seeing them fall straight down. After considering all this...I believe that the explosion in Indianapolis could possibly have been a meteor, especially with reports of shockwaves so far away. I simply can't see a gas leak from an appliance even remotely having a chance of causing an explosion that large. Only thing that gets me is that there is no impact crater. I'm no expert so I'm asking here, could a small meteor possibly disintegrate just before hitting the ground, yet cause the explosion?

someone suggest it could have been an airburst that is it exploded above ground a large one whould have done a lot more damage who knows what a small one would do.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PAranormal
Has this been discussed here yet?
Someone posted this about 30 minutes ago on the comment section on the huff post article...

"chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion [photo 2nd left], and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Kosmos 2479 is an early warning satellite launched in 2012 as part of the VKO's Oko programme and monitors the US from geostationary orbit for all possible threats, including the tracking of American airspace for US Air Force and CIA fighter jets, bombers and drones "

Links please

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

We know there were 2 explosions reported seconds apart.

We do?
Damn I must not be paying attention. Could you refresh me on that please?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by PAranormal
Has this been discussed here yet?
Someone posted this about 30 minutes ago on the comment section on the huff post article...

"chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion [photo 2nd left], and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Kosmos 2479 is an early warning satellite launched in 2012 as part of the VKO's Oko programme and monitors the US from geostationary orbit for all possible threats, including the tracking of American airspace for US Air Force and CIA fighter jets, bombers and drones "

Links please

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!

It's a trap!

(sorry, didn't mean to double post)
edit on 13-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

well okay, I guesss I should say it then - sorcha faal. Not credible.
edit on 13-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

shoot, that was back on page 10 or some where in there, its a video,
all black sound only, you can hear 2 explosions about 2 seconds or
so apart.
It would take some digging to find it, it was mostly looked over at the
time because we were looking for video or photo's and there was
nothing but black lights and a few lights as the guy ran.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

yeah I saw that notice a few posts later.

someone said there was a small crater is that true?

Also the newer homes have electric stoves. But NG heaters are in them and run on the same system as the central air conditioner as far as moving the heated air through the house evenly.

This would not be an old type of furnace that many are picturing.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join