It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oboma was ask about this, and he said Bush did it, but he didn't build it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why the Department of Homeland Security is involved with a "gas explosion"??? Not only that, but they are censoring the occupants of the homes.

In order for DHS to be involved something would have to be "hushed" so to speak. I am convinced there job is to make sure the correct information does not get out, and to mislead the public, by proxy the ever forth coming media,
as much as possible..Lets not forget, find reasons un related to said incident to restrict our freedoms even further!

Here is the Mission of DHS:

Mission Our duties are wide-ranging, but our goal is clear: a safer, more secure America, which is resilient against terrorism and other potential threats.

Last time I looked, a local "gas explosion" was not a potential terrorist threat!! 2+2=5 dhs.gov

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Disclaimer: Did this over the past 4 hours with constant interruptions from my real work. Could read choppy, and could be errors in the math, but all the information is there for someone else to fix it if I've made a mistake. My opinion is that the official story of a leaking furnace is technically plausible, but very highly unlikely to get the conditions just perfect, unless there was some intentional help involved. I believe it to be an arson attempt that ended up with an unintentional explosion.

So 90lbs of gas at 10% gas to air ratio, from an underground leak that might have filtered out the noxious smell indicator, and with a perfectly timed ignition source. Sounds extremely unplausible, but lets do the math.

PV=nRT. We're looking for Volume to see if it is possible in a 2500 square foot home.
So, convert to V=nRT/P

So 0.1 atmospheres of pressure for the 10% ratio of gas to air, converted to Pascals equals. equals 10132.5 Pascals.
P = 10132.5

n = number of moles
Natural gas is a mixture of hydrocarbons, primarily Methane, but with some Ethane, Butane, Propane, and Pentane mixed in. Methane is 16.044 grams per mole, but I'm going to use 20 grams per mole as an approximation to account for the heavier hydrocarbons.
So, 90lbs = 40823 grams = 2041 moles
n = 2041 of 2.041 kmol

R = is 8314 (for our purpose)

T = 298 K for our purpose.

boring math.... so....

V = approx 500 cubic meters or 17600 cubic feet at 25 degrees Celsius and 10% pressure.

Assuming a 2500 square foot home has approximately 8 foot ceilings, there is an available 20,000 cubic feet of air space available.

So, the 90lb estimate of gas seems credible, but I am skeptical for many reasons. The gas would not be uniformly distributed in the house, the concentrations and pressues would not be the same from room to room and floor to floor. An ignition source in an abandoned house seems pretty unlikely. If the thermostat was the ignition source, it would have to be an old style, not a digitial one, and it would have to have just the perfect concentration of gas vapor in the area of the thermostat.

The energy that an explosion of Methane could create is significant.

891 kJ per mole. 90 lbs is 2041 moles, so that is 1,818,531 kJ, or 1,818 MegaJoules of energy. Similar to almost a half ton of TNT!

So, if you can imagine a pallet of Dynamite in your next door neighbor's home, just sitting there Wile E. Coyote style, waiting for the thermostat to spark, that would be very equivalent to a 2500 square foot home in ideal conditions with a 10% mixture of Natural Gas having leaked into it and dispersed evenly across the entire home.

It still seems very suspicious to me that these ideal conditions would exist by accident. Very coincidental that the furnace happened to be leaking, the home happened to be up for sale, and the family happened to be staying in a hotel just before the explosion. I'm thinking arson, and the folks didn't realize how powerful the gas leak could become. Arson plus negligent homicide.

Wiki

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

I am a first responder, as I have said before a town close to me had a explosion from a gas heater(which was ruled to be homicide, as the guy purposely set it off) and the scene from it looked identical to the pictures, excluding the fact that their wasn't any homes surrounding it when it went off. Six people died from it. I am not saying with 100% certainly that its what happened here, but they look similar.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
hmmmm, more fire in Indiana and twice at the same location ... yep, there's definitely more here than a commercial gas leak.

www.fox59.com...
By Fox59

8:10 p.m. EST, November 12, 2012
Greenfield, Ind.

A Mexican restaurant in Greenfield caught fire for the second time in so many months Monday.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Hey thanks for that!! And I wouldn't know if your maths are wrong, but if they are I'm sure someone will point it out.

I'm thinking one of two things happened. One, it was intentional. The house had been for sale, but had been taken off the market. The people that lived there were only at the time the explosion happened. (and they even boarded their cat!). So that would not surprise me since the woman living in the house has yet to make a statement about the faulty furnace allegations.

Second thing I am considering is it was a faulty pipe fitting where the line leads into the house. That is what happened in the Knox County, TN explosion and that was a 3,000 foot/$900,000 home. It was completely leveled too. The parents were thrown out of the home with multiple injuries and their 18 year old son who was in the basement died.

I do believe it was a gas explosion, question just becomes accident or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

I am a first responder, as I have said before a town close to me had a explosion from a gas heater(which was ruled to be homicide, as the guy purposely set it off) and the scene from it looked identical to the pictures, excluding the fact that their wasn't any homes surrounding it when it went off. Six people died from it. I am not saying with 100% certainly that its what happened here, but they look similar.

Have you seen any others that were like that?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Trust me paxnatus, I understand were you are coming from. Fact of it is DHS is quickly becoming a Federal police force. They even help with sobriety check points here in TN. Expect to see more of their involvement with local matters as time goes on.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

Have you seen any others that were like that?

Its quite rare that we ever respond to any explosion from a natural gas leak. However, two years ago at a structure fire we did have a propane cylinder go off. The stress relief valves did its job, and instead of blowing up like you see on movies or other scenarios, it shot out a 10 foot long flame. The sound was pretty intense, it sounded like a jet liner was taking off. I remembered it made everyone in my company jump when it went off.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

thank you very much for the sum up.

i saw the picture, looks like it would have needed to be 2 furnace malfunctions, looks like there were 2 houses on "ground zero".

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This video is not intended to be mean to anyone in particular, but it reminds me of quite a few of you who think it was a meteor.

edit on 13-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

Edit: Video isn't working, here is the link: youtu.be...
edit on 13-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

i saw the picture, looks like it would have needed to be 2 furnace malfunctions, looks like there were 2 houses on "ground zero".

Yep, two houses completely leveled. Which may end up making since depending on where the explosion originated from in the first house and how well the houses were constructed.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
An update video on YouTube:

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrtallent
An update video on YouTube:

youtu.be...

This has been covered here many times......

That is a SORCHA FAAL story and is a complete hoax.

To find out more about why you should not trust the source: Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This video is not intended to be mean to anyone in particular, but it reminds me of quite a few of you who think it was a meteor.

that's some good investergaytin. Seems a plausible scenario, it fits the facts. You can't prove it wasn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

that's some good investergaytin. Seems a plausible scenario, it fits the facts. You can't prove it wasn't.

Hahaha!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

If you want to make the choice to automatically disbelieve a certain source, then that's up to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If you want to make the choice to automatically disbelieve a certain source, then that's up to you.

And if you want to choose to believe a known hoaxer, same to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You have much to learn...Grasshopper.....

Des

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What I choose to do is look at all the information available, and use my own discernment.

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join