Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

You are correct. Except the he is a she.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

Welcome to the internet, I hope you enjoy the stay.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
can someone reply with a good summary of what happened, my computer sucks and i dont have time to wait 3 minutes a page loading each page trying to go through 81 pages of replies.

thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know it could be a gas explosion, but the damage caused just seems to be quite extensive to be caused by a single faulty furnace. Stuff has just been going BOOM a lot recently

If you look at the explosion from the ammunition bunker last month and compare it to this one in the neighborhood they look eerily similar. Watch the video around 17 seconds in when the helicopter fly's over the area, I am not an explosives expert at all but man do these two events look similar.

Watch the first few seconds of this video and compare it to this picture. I just want to know others opinions
I feel like I must be seeing things.

Now compare that footage to this picture. Does anyone else see the similarities?

It looks like you could plug a few houses around the October munitions explosion and have the same image and blast affect.

What do you guys think? Am I just seeing something that isn;t there? I admit that is a possibility
edit on 13-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here is a good video where the guy compares known gas explosions to the debris field we are seeing in the Indianapolis explosion. He also walks through exactly where the furnace should be located in the home and compares it to the pattern we are currently seeing.

Also of note is the ex-husband John Shirley runs an IT business that works with the State of Indiana and Fortune 500 Companies.

From his website:

IT Fresh Solution is an IT Consulting and Professional Services Vendor based in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are a preferred vendor to the Fortune 500 and the State of Indiana

IT Fresh Solution is a professional services company that offers clients a cost-effective, single-source provider of high-value engineering and information technology outsourcing solutions and professional staffing. With more than 5 years in the industry, IT Fresh Solution has the expertise, speed and scale to help clients achieve a faster and higher return on capital investment

We provide Information Technology services to Federal, State, and Local Government. We provide consultants with excellent Technical knowledge who are well versed with the entire life cycle of the project to our clients and to the State of Indiana.

IT Fresh Solution

~OkieDokie
edit on 13-11-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
can someone reply with a good summary of what happened, my computer sucks and i dont have time to wait 3 minutes a page loading each page trying to go through 81 pages of replies.

thanks in advance.

Huge explosion that destroyed 2 house completely and damaged up to 30 more. Some of those have been deemed hazards and will be torn down. 2 people died.

Right now the 'official' suspect for the cause is a natural gas explosion. Because the damage is so widespread, many people are wondering if that really could have happened.

When reports came in right after the explosion, many stated they heard the "whine of a jet engine" leading some to believe a plane crashed. Also some people have reported seeing a fire ball in the sky (meteor?).

Also internet hoaxer sorcha faal is in on the mix stating the Russian's detected a hellfire missal launch from a drone and that is what caused the explosion. Again, known hoaxer.

Many are pointing to a malfunctioning furnace as the cause. The family from that house was away for the weekend and there is some speculation that this might have been an insurance scam gone wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Update: National Transportation Safety Board pulls out of Indianapolis explosion investigation

INDIANAPOLIS - The National Transportation Safety Board has pulled out of the investigation into an explosion in a south side Indianapolis neighborhood. NTSB officials told RTV6 on Tuesday that inspectors found no trouble with underground gas pipes, which fall under the organization's jurisdiction, in the Richmond Hill subdivision, near Sherman Drive between County Line Road and Stop 11 Road.

Citizens Energy officials said inspectors have found no problems with gas lines in the neighborhood. They are now testing gas lines running to individual houses. Authorities have not said what they believed caused the explosion, although officials said they have ruled out a bomb, a methamphetamine lab and an airplane crash.

Source

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Thanks Staroth!! I was just going to post that.

Also, just to add to the confusion. Now an expert is saying he doesn't think the furnace could have caused the explosion. cbsnews.com

Scott Davis, president and principal engineer of GexCon US, an explosion investigation firm in Bethesda, Md., said it's hard to believe a furnace could cause the damage seen in the Indianapolis neighborhood. He noted that most furnaces have multiple safety switches that must be triggered before any gas is used.

"For a furnace to allow that much gas through, you'd have to defeat many of the safety features," he said.

-----------

Davis said he's seen a home explosion caused by a malfunctioning furnace before, but it did not level the house.

For an explosion to occur, he said, the amount of natural gas in a confined space must reach a certain level before it can ignite. In many cases, ventilation or a low flow of fuel prevents an explosion from being strong enough to level multiple houses, he said.

ugh.....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My feeling all along has been this explosion was too horrific to be a common gas leak explosion, and it's hard to imagine any substance that would be commonly available to a homeowner that would be this explosive. Apparently this home had natural gas service, and not the more dangerous LP gas.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
My feeling all along has been this explosion was too horrific to be a common gas leak explosion, and it's hard to imagine any substance that would be commonly available to a homeowner that would be this explosive. Apparently this home had natural gas service, and not the more dangerous LP gas.

What do you think happens if their is a explosion in a wooden structure? Only fire?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Staroth

Thanks Staroth!! I was just going to post that.

Also, just to add to the confusion. Now an expert is saying he doesn't think the furnace could have caused the explosion. cbsnews.com

Scott Davis, president and principal engineer of GexCon US, an explosion investigation firm in Bethesda, Md., said it's hard to believe a furnace could cause the damage seen in the Indianapolis neighborhood. He noted that most furnaces have multiple safety switches that must be triggered before any gas is used.

"For a furnace to allow that much gas through, you'd have to defeat many of the safety features," he said.

-----------

Davis said he's seen a home explosion caused by a malfunctioning furnace before, but it did not level the house.

For an explosion to occur, he said, the amount of natural gas in a confined space must reach a certain level before it can ignite. In many cases, ventilation or a low flow of fuel prevents an explosion from being strong enough to level multiple houses, he said.

ugh.....
that guy obviously has more expertise than any of us. So.

Not gas
Not furnace
Not bomb
not meth

blast pattern looks like a drone imo, from the videos you guys have been posting.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

Finally someone posts something that has some credibility behind it. If this was posted a while back, I wouldn't of been laughing as hard! Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have never seen a thread go in so many circles with regurgitated view points over and over and over again. Gas, meth, bomb, meteor- Gas, meth, bomb, meteor- Gas, meth, bomb, meteor- Gas, meth, bomb, meteor.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander
blast pattern looks like a drone imo, from the videos you guys have been posting.

Let me put on my tin foil hat and take that one step further.

[tin foil hat on]
What if it was a Phantom Ray or X-47B that crashed. That would explain the jet engine sound many said they heard. And one of those drones could have been small enough to not be seen in the debris and chaos that night, especially if it broke up on impact. Would also explain the lockdown of the area while they comb the area for parts from the drone.
[tin foil hat off]

I ain't sayin that is what happened, but we are on a conspiracy site and the cover up would be a conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sound picked up on Wildlife cam 15 miles away.
11/10 11:10 PM

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I still say the Martians attempted to land a drone on earth and hit a house instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Yeah, I posted that yesterday morning.

One thing that's odd. There has not been any other surveillance camera type video to surface. Just the one from 15 miles away.

In comparison, when the Camp Minden explosion happened last month footage from 3 different surveillance cameras was released. I just find it hard to believe with the area this happened in no one caught it on film.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by Honor93

lmao they come check the interior lines all the time.. no that dude is reading the meter to see how much to charge you... they will come and turn your gas off.. ... unless they detect a problem in the system they don't come around and check your interior lines... and if the pilot light is out on a furnace and the gas is still on.. what happens? eh... it's not a line leak is it? durt,
if your meter is on an interior part of your house
, i'd guess you're being ripped off more than most.

they will come check your lines if you report a problem
yes, they will and that's exactly what i said smartypants.

and when there is a problem reported (such as a furnace failure/leak), they will respond.

unless they detect a problem in the system they don't come around and check your interior lines
odd, i've never known them to "check interior lines" when they detected a system failure ... homeowners are expected to report such a problem ... the gas company doesn't go looking for them

btw, leave to a smartypants to infer a broken/damaged line and a meter are even closely related ;(

ppl that have furnaces that go out, generally try to restart them or turn the gas valve OFF.
i'm guessing you would let the gas run and suggest everyone smoke outside, right ?

and no, human negligence does not translate to a line leak, ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, have been offline for a couple days, so here it is:
______beforeitsnews/strange/2012/11/another-building-explodes-in-indiana-3-in-less-than-a-week-2445348.html

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

Originally posted by mrnotobc

What do you think happens if their is a explosion in a wooden structure? Only fire?

Well since you ask, I'll tell you.

Where I live most people have natural gas in their homes. I've seen quite a few homes over the years that exploded from gas leaks. I've seen entire homes blown off their foundations. Walls were knocked apart. Roofs have collasped. But in most cases, even though the house was destroyed, most of it was basically still intact. Still on the property, and still in big, but maybe broken pieces. I've never once seen total obliteration of a house that was turned into tiny confetti, much less the neighbors house.

That's what leads me to believe this wasn't a gas explosion.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join