It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Just in case you guys didn't believe me, the white figure in the garage when you are at the address of the main home:

The 'person' is only apparent when you're in front of the main house that was destroyed

Spookiness aside, probably the dude unloading whatever lumber from the truck. Just another weird coincidence I suppose.

edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
After 74 pages of info and opinions I would doubt anyone (here) could absolutely conclude 'what really happened' *yet* 100%, based on the limited 'news' stories and even footage in this story, shown so far.

I prefer to keep things open though and consider all possibilities in most all 'news' these days, knowing the 'official' story will continually evolve and then usually center on some story fit for herd consuption regardless of any 'facts'.

The gatekeepers are pretty good at what they do, yes occasionally they tell the truth and report somewhat relevant stories, but actually I enjoy the collection of news and editorial on such alt sites as ATS where though it seems one encounters the occasional 'sock puppet and shill' most people here are just trying to get to the bottom of things, knowing they can't rely any longer on the kept press to keep them informed.

IMO, the jury is still out on this one. As was pointed out earlier, seems like a residue test of the site could help confirm or deny things rather quickly.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual
falling sky object, micro satellite, small meteorite

transfers its kinetic energy to houses as its slamming to earth, ends up in homes basement..no crater because it's not very large and most of it energy was clearly dissipated to the multiple houses it hit on way to basement

fuel on micro-sat explodes, or ,micro reactor (non-nuclear) explodes, igniting the blazes,

I have the single most plausible explanation yet. The martians seen our Rover on their planet, so they decided to attempt to send one of their rovers to Earth so they can check on us, like we are doing to them. One of the martians apparently misplaced a few decimal places and instead of it landing safely on the ground, they landed on a house and thus caused an explosion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone

Except that article is written and promoted by a well known hoaxer to ATS.. Sorcha Faal

Really? Damn, talk about disinfo if that's the case. It's not even portrayed as speculation, it's portrayed as fact.

Oh well, right?

There you go. Classic deceptive tactics by MSN. Add to the list above posted by SyntheticPerception
Looks like a big cover up underway and its international.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on facts as they unfold.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

Wait, what? You consider that hoax article by sorcha faal to be mainstream media?!?
Please connect the dots slower for those of us left behind - WHAT coverup, WHAT makes it look that way, and how is it international?

And to others saying an exploding furnace couldnt do that damage, yes, it probably couldn't, BUT (IF it was a gas explosion as proposed), it was not a *furnace* exploding, it was at least a room-size bomb that exploded, if not a full house's worth.
So furnace exploding, sure it's unlikely to result in that damage, but room or houseful of gas exploding, more possible. If it can be established how long they were away for, that may narrow down possibities.

Any mythbusters episodes on roomfuls of natural gas exploding to give us an idea? They did a gasoline one that was more of a *whoomp* than anything, but it still had power.

Still, the idea of a random air-burst meteor is much more exciting. I don't know if those calculations done ruled that out for sure or not, but good job on those anyway.
It would also be good to find out more about the official reasons as to why people aren't being let back into their homes - is it all just structural safety concerns, or have they made cryptic remarks about other reasons?

edit..
reply to post by diesel_actual

Seems to be structural concerns. I really wonder what he thinks the 'many possible triggers for this event' could be though? It would be nice to hear what ideas they're floating.
edit on 12-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by delusion

The whole house would have to be full of gas.

Does not explain the pressure wave that took out all of the other houses though.

It had to be a pretty dam big explosion

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.indy.gov...

I am done. I'm frustrated with my phone. I'm even more frustrated by naysayers. Get the bleep off a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE if you are going to disagree with every gosh darn thing everybody says! My goodness people. All a few of you do is contradict us or are jerks to us for making guesses on what MIGHT have happened, since even tptb can't explain why this explosion took place.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

I have posted several with sources. Feel free to read them all.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We may not know exactly what happened to cause such destruction, but with the way DHS is handling the media and all info. I do smell a cover up. Knowing our Govt. we screwed up again and now have to cover our ass's.

Nothing is making sense! First we are told A then told not A its B. Then we are told well part of A but we cant rule out B and we are considering some of C., and so on and so on.......

Why would it take weeks and weeks to investigate? No, no, no!!! They need to find the right story to fill in all the missing holes! What is so damn secretive about a gas explosion or a meteor? Nothing!

Consider a military drill that went terribly wrong! Maybe it would be so hush hush if we knew the type of hardware involved?
I doubt this has anything to do with another country....

Pax
edit on 11/12/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

How can someone dispute anything you say, when you just keep repeating the same stuff over and over? Please, give me some evidence that disputes the claims given by the media/government officials in Indiana. Something more than, "it sounded like", "it didn't look like". Cold, hard facts based on actual evidence.

listen here NOOB ... you are really barking up the wrong tree.
and this is the very last time i'll remind you of it.

if you don't like my comments, ignore them ... that is still your option.
i don't owe you any explanation of any kind.

IF you have some facts, share them, don't demand that which doesn't exist.
it certainly doesn't help your image around here.

give me some evidence that disputes the claims given by the media/government officials in Indiana
i would appreciate it, if you could, point to ANY official government statement to dispute

you know, something other than; we're investigating it or we cannot rule anything out.

and for the record, please IF YOU CAN, link any post of mine that says ... either ... "it sounded like" or "it didn't look like" ... I triple dog dare ya !!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant
This is the area I was referring to, red lines and box:

You rock!

Thank you for posting that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

I have posted several with sources. Feel free to read them all.

List them, I am not going to go through 70+ pages to find them and have them be nothing more than "I seen this","It looked like a...","Russia picked up a flash[haha, I had to put this one down]". Think of the information that the local government of Indiana, the first responder's and the media have given us as factual until it is proven without a shadow of a doubt its not.

Originally posted by Honor93

How can someone dispute anything you say, when you just keep repeating the same stuff over and over? Please, give me some evidence that disputes the claims given by the media/government officials in Indiana. Something more than, "it sounded like", "it didn't look like". Cold, hard facts based on actual evidence.

listen here NOOB ... you are really barking up the wrong tree.
and this is the very last time i'll remind you of it.

if you don't like my comments, ignore them ... that is still your option.
i don't owe you any explanation of any kind.

IF you have some facts, share them, don't demand that which doesn't exist.
it certainly doesn't help your image around here.

give me some evidence that disputes the claims given by the media/government officials in Indiana
i would appreciate it, if you could, point to ANY official government statement to dispute

you know, something other than; we're investigating it or we cannot rule anything out.

and for the record, please IF YOU CAN, link any post of mine that says ... either ... "it sounded like" or "it didn't look like" ... I triple dog dare ya !!!!

Other than:

John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville told The Associated Press that he received a text message within the last week and a half from his daughter, who complained that the furnace in the home where she lived with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend had broken. The malfunction had forced them to stay in a hotel, the girl said.

Let me guess, he is lying correct?

edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
will someone please take a look at the aerial footage from the blast here in Louisiana that was felt 50 miles away. it knocked the train off the track and before the blast a white light was seen streaming across the sky from Texas to Minden before the boom. Look at the 1:38 to 1:41 of the clip, you can see a crater that is still smoking the next day............ thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4ajodster

Originally posted by ProperlyErrant
This is the area I was referring to, red lines and box:

You rock!

Thank you for posting that.

When I blow that up on 400 mag it looks like rebar (purple on my monitor), or something else??, and to at that mag, sorry just not seeing the crator. Can you post a blown up pic?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

I have a question, where would be the possible spot for the sewer tank to be placed?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I also read where one of the first guys to walk out the door after hearing the boom, saw no fire. he just saw a house pretty much flattened and insulation raining from the sky. no fire til a little later..............., that should omit gas explosion..............

link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Look at the picture with the red lines, then look at this one with that in mind, and let us know what you think:

willyloman.files.wordpress.com...

link   
PEOPLE!

To be truthful on what I have found, I was struck by it.

Drones have fired on the American people, what are we to do now?

Plus, I don't even know who this scorcha who-ever this is. I just found the picture and just posted it. For someone else that tries to get truth out.
edit on 12-11-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by James1982

Lol, concrete is not brittle and foundations are typically 12" to 24" thick. Not to mention the footing around the edge that is several feet deep. Also, code requires rebar in all residential foundations.
edit on 12-11-2012 by lambs to lions because: Sp

Concrete is not brittle? How do you figure? It's tensile strength is almost non existent and when it fails it does so in a brittle manner. Obviously with reinforcement or pre-stressing these issues are addressed but the material itself is still brittle, I don't know anyone other than you that would disagree on that.

As far as rebar in the foundation, no it's not always required in residential foundations, and the thickness numbers you gave are a bit inflated for standard homes. It depends on the backfill, soil, sometimes even ground water concerns, local codes, etc. I've seen several foundations with no rebar that were up to local codes, although they were older homes. Really they SHOULD be reinforced, but my point was just that it's a possibility that the foundations lacked rebar, it's pretty hard to tell the specifics of the lot by looking at a pile of rubble, but it's a possibility.

Even if reinforced, think about how massive this explosion must have been. People were saying it was like an Earthquake or something 30 miles away, correct? That's got to cause a massive shock, which isn't going to be applied to the concrete in a nice compressive form, it's going to twist and push, which could damage the foundation even if reinforced. It really doesn't take that much damage at all to condemn a house for an unsafe foundation. If the explosion felt like a powerful earthquake 30 miles away, the foundations of the nearest houses are going to take a huge beating.
edit on 12-11-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
PEOPLE!

To be truthful on what I have found, I was struck by it. This means WAR!

Drones have fired on the American people, what are we to do now?

Been disproved, multiple times. The author is a shrill.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouisianaMan
will someone please take a look at the aerial footage from the blast here in Louisiana that was felt 50 miles away. it knocked the train off the track and before the blast a white light was seen streaming across the sky from Texas to Minden before the boom. Look at the 1:38 to 1:41 of the clip, you can see a crater that is still smoking the next day............ thanks

www.youtube.com... the crater here in Louisiana looks exactly the same size of the one in indianapolis

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join