It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

Oh dear. Please at least read a quarter of the thread before reiterating fake/hoaxed articles that dont even make sense. We are down to 3 possible causes atm (gas, meteor, military), we dont need fake ones.

1. The source of that "russian satellite" bullcrap is a known hoaxer.
2. There is no way there would be a report on blogs and not on official russian news channels about anything related to anything official/military
3. I seriously doubt satellites can locate a missile (2 of them) and recognize the kind of missile. Also, hellfire missiles were compared with regards to the blast radius and they could not have caused this kind of devastation.

OK?

link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Tecumte

How could it have built up over weeks...as the *official* story now has the occupants going to stay at motel that night.

The story keeps changing, hour by hour.....

Des

Do you know if they only stayed their one night? I could not find this piece of information out, so I presumed they did since complaining about the furnace a week and a half ago.

I thought--from memory-- in the article I posted (now a few dozen pages back
) it mentioned the occupants moving out about a week before the loss of their home. Have to see if I misread that, or ----how the story has changed (in just the last 1/2 hr
)

link   

Now that you are a proper ATS'r...

anything you see on the WWW that starts off with..

"By: Sorcha Faal, "

immediately know it is false info...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Yep. it has begun.

Well, we need to keep our minds sharp on the block if we're going to do proper investigation and speculation on this one.

Reports my ass. Note taken on the Sorcha Fal perp.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

Did you even read the article? It was about Drones.

Might be some truth to it considering we have been discussing the same thing for 2 days and 1400 comments.

If there is truth to it she (Faal) plagerised posts from this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname

Oh dear. Please at least read a quarter of the thread before reiterating fake/hoaxed articles that dont even make sense. We are down to 3 possible causes atm (gas, meteor, military), we dont need fake ones.

1. The source of that "russian satellite" bullcrap is a known hoaxer.
2. There is no way there would be a report on blogs and not on official russian news channels about anything related to anything official/military
3. I seriously doubt satellites can locate a missile (2 of them) and recognize the kind of missile. Also, hellfire missiles were compared with regards to the blast radius and they could not have caused this kind of devastation.

OK?

Lol. You were waiting to make a fool of someone weren't you? I've read close to every single post in this thread, assuming assumer.

I understand and it's already been iterated multiple times that the article is false.

OK.

Besides...maybe i purposely volunteered myself to ferret out disinfo agents like this one. Hmmm

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

see above post by Baddmove..^^

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

How could it have built up over weeks...as the *official* story now has the occupants going to stay at motel that night.

Des

ok heres the news quote:

John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville told The Associated Press that he received a text message within the last week and a half from his daughter, who complained that the furnace in the home where she lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend had broken. The malfunction had forced them to stay in a hotel, the girl said.

The way this reads to me is that a text message was received 7- 10 or so days before the loss of the home, saying at that time that the occupants had moved out. If true, enough time for a large build up of gas? Enough to do that kind of damage???

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Right, sorry bout that. Got a bit tired of reading same things over and over.

Also, I dont support the drone theory. There are no reasons to fly military drones armed with live munitions over civilian areas. That would be a waste of fuel. Also, you dont train on live ammunition. Also, the drone theory is still hanging on a thread of "luck" as in, somene mistakenly pressed the wrong button. Highly unlikely.

Secondary, to cause that much devastation, it would have to have been a much stronger missile than a hellfire. As we have seen earlier in the threa. Those are used as armor-piercing missiles and should not be heard exploding 20miles away.

link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yes......, but it could actually be a drone.

Just saying

edit to add

Drone with plasma gun to be exact. She hasn't said that though.
edit on 12-11-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

12 to 24 inch think slabs in a house? never, unless the home owner specifies that and that is only in custom homes, a slab in a house is average 6 inches......footings 2 feet is realistic and rebar in the slab is also not code ...........

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by djgray

Thanks for digging that up, it could be someone else with a similar name. That's odd, but plausible.
-

Folks, on that thought:
With some further research, it appears there are possibly two Monserrates.
1. The NASA one being Monserrate Roman who has three sons, and no daughters mentioned.
2. The other one that comes up as Monserrate Shirley (ex-husband's name is John) which is the one referenced to the house in question.

Until we get 100% confirmation on that, I just don't know... meaning I could be wrong on her being the NASA one I posted back around the 50th page. If so, my apologies to all for the mixup.

=========================

Moving on -
The articles I've read from today point to them having a daughter, who was the one that texted her father regarding the furnace problem. (ties into above point #1) here is the relevant quote:

"About a week and a half ago I got a text from my daughter that the furnace was out and they were going to spend the night at a hotel. If I were to suspect anything, that's where the problem was," said John Shirley, who is divorced and now lives in Noblesville, Ind.

Now here is where it gets suspect, from the same article... he goes on to say that he thinks that is what caused the problem... specifically:

I think that's what caused the problem. It either wasn't fixed correctly or, knowing my ex-wife, she probably compromised on the fix.
bolded emphasis added.

Then, goes on to say that she has a protective order against him. Hrrm.

Then this little gem:

Asked if he believed his ex-wife started the explosion intentionally, Shirley said, "I don't think so because there was no real reason to. I pay a thousand dollars a month for one kid because she had a lawyer and I did not, so she has more than enough money," he said.

emphasis added

From ABC News

After reading that, I found his comments kind of odd... and slightly contradictory. Mainly the one of him implying that she somehow skimped on the repair of the furnace, then goes on to say (paraphrased) that she has more than enough money.. so there is no real reason why she would blow up a house.

Uhh...
And add to the fact that the daughter was texting him about the furnace problem, instead of just saying something like... hey mom, furnace is messed up.. can you get someone over here to fix it? That makes no sense in my mind, was he supposed to pay to get it fixed instead? Why the need to contact him?

I dunno, this is odd indeed... and I'm not implying that he's the culprit, but it's certainly not out of the question if it does turn out to be a gas explosion.

Too many questions

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

reply to post by Tecumte

Des

ok heres the news quote:

John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville told The Associated Press that he received a text message within the last week and a half from his daughter, who complained that the furnace in the home where she lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend had broken. The malfunction had forced them to stay in a hotel, the girl said.

The way this reads to me is that a text message was received 7- 10 or so days before the loss of the home, saying at that time that the occupants had moved out. If true, enough time for a large build up of gas? Enough to do that kind of damage???

If they had that much gas to run 24/7 for a week, it should be enough.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
reply to post by magma

Right, sorry bout that. Got a bit tired of reading same things over and over.

Also, I dont support the drone theory. There are no reasons to fly military drones armed with live munitions over civilian areas. That would be a waste of fuel. Also, you dont train on live ammunition. Also, the drone theory is still hanging on a thread of "luck" as in, somene mistakenly pressed the wrong button. Highly unlikely.

Secondary, to cause that much devastation, it would have to have been a much stronger missile than a hellfire. As we have seen earlier in the threa. Those are used as armor-piercing missiles and should not be heard exploding 20miles away.

Good points.

It really is the strength of the blast overpressure that leads to the WTF of the incident.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For me after seeing coverage of the fires and the pictures of the damage the idea of this being gas is completely off the table. So my opinion is that this was some type of military weapon or meteor or something unearthly, I'm leaning closer to military weapon of some type.

So let me throw this out there as a theory for you to consider, could this of been a military response to some sort of UFO... not necessarily alien but unknown to us?

edit on 12-11-2012 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
For me after seeing coverage of the fires and the pictures of the damage the idea of this being gas is completely off the table. So my opinions is that this was some type of military weapon or meteor or something unearthly, I'm leaning closer to military weapon of some type.

So let me throw this out there as a theory for you to consider, could this of been a military response to some sort of UFO... not necessarily alien but unknown to us?

I was considering that earlier on in the thread too, like an EMP or scalar type of thing, but why the hell it would be used on residential area, there's no way in hell.

It's gotta be something we're not seeing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Good points.

It really is the strength of the blast overpressure that leads to the WTF of the incident.

exactly!..way to big of an explosion I believe..

still looks like a really big bomb went off to me...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I agree there is def more to it, like a piece of the puzzle is missing. But the more I think about it the more it fits.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Seeing the damage, it seems extreme. But I wonder about the construction. In the pic of the doors, it looks like the jambs separated from the wall but the glass did not break.

Maybe these houses are not all that well put together.

I know the neighborhood and have been in a few of the houses including the one to the north of the two homes that were obliterated.

The homes are cheaply built McMansions that sit right up against each other so it's no surprise that they sustained the amount of damage they did. There are liability issues to letting people back into the homes that aren't structurally sound, that's why they only got an hour to run and grab a few things.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
reply to post by djgray

Thanks for digging that up, it could be someone else with a similar name. That's odd, but plausible.
-

Folks, on that thought:
With some further research, it appears there are possibly two Monserrates.
1. The NASA one being Monserrate Roman who has three sons, and no daughters mentioned.
2. The other one that comes up as Monserrate Shirley (ex-husband's name is John) which is the one referenced to the house in question.

Until we get 100% confirmation on that, I just don't know... meaning I could be wrong on her being the NASA one I posted back around the 50th page. If so, my apologies to all for the mixup.

=========================

Moving on -
The articles I've read from today point to them having a daughter, who was the one that texted her father regarding the furnace problem. (ties into above point #1) here is the relevant quote:

"About a week and a half ago I got a text from my daughter that the furnace was out and they were going to spend the night at a hotel. If I were to suspect anything, that's where the problem was," said John Shirley, who is divorced and now lives in Noblesville, Ind.

Now here is where it gets suspect, from the same article... he goes on to say that he thinks that is what caused the problem... specifically:

I think that's what caused the problem. It either wasn't fixed correctly or, knowing my ex-wife, she probably compromised on the fix.
bolded emphasis added.

Then, goes on to say that she has a protective order against him. Hrrm.

Then this little gem:

Asked if he believed his ex-wife started the explosion intentionally, Shirley said, "I don't think so because there was no real reason to. I pay a thousand dollars a month for one kid because she had a lawyer and I did not, so she has more than enough money," he said.

emphasis added

From ABC News

After reading that, I found his comments kind of odd... and slightly contradictory. Mainly the one of him implying that she somehow skimped on the repair of the furnace, then goes on to say (paraphrased) that she has more than enough money.. so there is no real reason why she would blow up a house.

Uhh...
And add to the fact that the daughter was texting him about the furnace problem, instead of just saying something like... hey mom, furnace is messed up.. can you get someone over here to fix it? That makes no sense in my mind, was he supposed to pay to get it fixed instead? Why the need to contact him?

I dunno, this is odd indeed... and I'm not implying that he's the culprit, but it's certainly not out of the question if it does turn out to be a gas explosion.

Too many questions

wow, interesting find, not implicating in itself (necessarily)...but do I detect a little ..bitterness. Apparently not just me. From your source:

When asked about Shirley's claims, Burris told ABC News, "That's totally too far to even say anything. I can't even speculate. It's totally not something we've heard, but I'm sure it's something we'll look into."

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join