It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by badnickname

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the investigation brings. I for one believe it's plausible for this tp be a gas explosion but im no expert.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Probably more support from other joining terraced houses, plus the British houses are probably made of tougher stuff (ie less wood).

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Thanks for the information but I don't want to get paranoid. I prefer to think of myself as being open minded, but never paranoid
. I had no idea that DHS played such a big role. I just figured they responded to situations that fall into the bracket of terrorism or something like that.

I guess nowadays anything can be considered terrorism.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by TKDRL

I can't post links but the images I viewed were on google images, they may not be identical but the devastation is comparable, atleast in my opinion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
Not sure if it's been posted earlier but here: (IFD: Press Conference - 11/11/12)

firefighternation.com

Mentions that "some people saw fireworks & strange colorful flames". . . Worth a watch.

Edit: Also mentions that possibly 1 out of the 2 demolished houses could have been a vacant house. If correct, this leaves both of the homes that were destroyed at time of event were completely empty at the time.
edit on 12-11-2012 by JWash because: (no reason given)

This is good information. The Fire Department representative clearly states that two houses exploded and were completely destroyed. This confirms what logic tells me from looking at the photos and videos. So any explanation we are later given that only explains one house exploding (such as a faulty furnace or a gas leak in one house) cannot be the complete truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
I dont believe a gas explosion is a possible cause for this, at all. Why? Because two houses suffered equal, total damage. These 2 houses were not structurally connected. If a gas explosion was the cause, I would expect one house to be destroyed and the surrounding ones suffering at least somewhat equal damage. This is not the case here.

No gas can explode between 2 houses like that, in open air. Even if that was possible, the debris and damage would most likely have been different than what we have here.

Exactly.

If a house full of gas explodes, it can't completely destroy another house that is located at its left side and don't destroy the house at the right side in the same way it destroyed the one at the left side.

You can't have TWO houses completed destroyed by a gas explosion that happened in one of the houses: you must have just ONE house completely destroyed, or THREE houses, completely destroyed. Never TWO houses, that's impossible.

One or three, never two.

edit on 12-11-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I have a friend that was just a few blocks away on the porch painting furniture. She heard and felt the Boom. The house was fine

This link days no gas leaks have been found?
usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You're welcome. Yes, the degree to which they have taken over a lot of functions and are continuing to integrate further on a federal, state, and local level would probably surprise most people. There are lots of threads here on ATS where you can learn more. Hopefully their only involvement with this event is that they are now likely going to be involved in the investigation and response to any such event. They would logically be involved from an emergency management perspective and from the need to confirm or rule out terrorism.

Of course it's possible there could be more to this if it wasn't an accidental natural gas explosion. Don't know yet...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe so, that is why I was looking to find other HQ photos of US residential suburban explosions. I came up empty though.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here's another presser morning of 11/12/12:

Main points:
-- this is a "Big Event"
-- investigation will take many, many weeks
-- 2 people killed
-- 7 taken to hospital
-- no calls of gas leak (gas company rep. stated they add odorant to their gas for this reason)
-- gas company checked for leaks in neighborhood & area - nothing found, ongoing investigation
-- explosion radius is 2 blocks in all directions
-- 2 homes exploded on southside

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am not sure if posted, but here is what the two houses used to look like. The one on the left appears to have had a brick front.

edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:24:17 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
most likely faulty appliance (thermo couple)...ive been a plumber for 20 years and have some knowledge in this..everyone keeps saying there is no gas leak reported. Ok, thats because the fire department shuts the gas off when they arrive to extinguish the fire...there didnt have to be a big gas leak underground for this to happen, just an empty house slowly filling up with gas due to mechanical failure in a gas appliance and then a source of ignition, which could be anything as small as static electricity...then all these people talking like they are blast experts is laughable...very possible the house next to the explosion simply burned down...keep up the good work all you junior dectectives. Your secret decoder ring is in the mail..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by woogleuk

Maybe so, that is why I was looking to find other HQ photos of US residential suburban explosions. I came up empty though.

There was a gas explosion in Knox County in 2009 that happened in a similar type neighborhood. I can't find any hi res photos but I'll link up what I have found.

Here's a video of the scene from Knox County, TN:
CAUTION: THIS IS NOT THE INDY EXPLOSION (for those of you that don't read)

Photo gallery of site from Knoxnews.com

By looking at the video and pictures, in this case only the house that had the gas leak exploded.

Hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fugazzi777

Maybe instead of being a smart ass, you could read the thread? Two houses were blown up, two other houses burned. Unless you think you know more than the fire personnel that were interviewed...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Maskander

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well who would have thought that would happen on ATS an OVER EXAGGERATED thread title
Easy to say when you're hundreds of miles away, try being a few miles away and counting your blessings(im not religious) that it wasn't you or your family.

I'm not even sure what you arre talking about anyway? is this not mass devastation to you, does 3?4?5?6? houses have to be obliterated to be considered mass destruction? does a nuke have to go off? Speculation =/= exaggeration. Either way the cause hasn't even been found and your occams razor theory HAS been ruled out it was not a natural gas explosion according to press conference with impd and gas company.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

Property is not the important factor its life, this happened in Scotland a few years ago all the family killed in their sleep.

Or this in Lockerbie in Scotland when the 747 was blown out of the sky 259 killed on the flight 11 on the ground and not as important many houses destroyed .

No it's the simple fact on here when people try to make a thread attract attention with stuff like this in the title

"Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade"

Sonic boom or is it an explosion HOW do they know ?

Meteor WHY is that the first thought ?

Info blockade What makes them think that?

Anytime anything happens some members on here scream media blackout when its obvious they are talking BS!

actually no, the topic changed throughout the night as members were giving different ideas, which is how it should be, this is a community discussion I'm not going to inflict my opinion, I will share others opinion so I'm not the focus of the discussion. The very first reports coming in was a possible plane crash anyway, so it's not even too far fetched, It doesn't seem you've brought anything to the table and are just finding something to attack, I find that very rude..
edit on 12-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

and if you had read the thread you would have known that already because I've said it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Nice find. That one barely even damaged the house next door from the looks of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fugazzi777

I didnt see anyone proclaiming themselves "blast experts". I see however you are much more knowledgeable in that area, as your expertise in plumbing seems to infer you must also be a "blast expert" when you have the wits to call others "junior detectives" like that. Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I have to say I'm finding it weird we have people showing up on a Monday morning to post links to MSM stories 'explaining' what happened when the explosion took place Saturday night and this thread is 55 pages deep. Almost like here's your explanation, not stop discussing it.

Blah.....

Anywhos......

I would like to ask that anyone that continues to follow this to be on the look out for surveillance camera footage. With the houses and businesses in the area I would think that someone might have caught it. Could help solve the mystry of the shaking people reported feeling before the explosion.

If that's the case, any type of footage is most likely gone now, courteous of the DHS.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The gas company said there were no reports or leaks found.
source

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

The firefighter (chief?) lady looks - imho - a bit distracted and has

moments of "1000 mile stare"....either just fatigue. OR, the usual

conspiratorial ATS insights... Of course the colored flames may have

been different elements combusting, and electrical, but then again....

From the aircraft photos, doesn't it look like a trough was created between

the 2 destroyed homes?

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join