It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
The news reports are so contradicting. All this is from the same source article

Early Monday, Indianapolis public safety director Troy Riggs said forensic investigators were talking with utility companies and others as they tried to determine the cause.

"We need to make sure that we get some of the forensics back and that we follow where the evidence takes us,"

Riggs told WISH-TV. U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, has said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out.

Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon said investigators hadn't ruled out any possible causes.

So what the heck?

If they hadn't ruled out any cause how can they rule out a bomb or meth lab?

Then they say this

Officials have not released the identities of the two people killed.

Immediately followed by

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday night at Southwest Elementary School in nearby Greenwood for second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth. She and her husband, John Dion Longworth, lived in one of the homes destroyed in the blast. WTHR-TV reported that friends, family and colleagues of the teacher gathered at the school

Isn't that releasing the names of the two people killed?

SOURCE

That's the news for you (Never A Straight Answer)

It's official.

NASA is clearly involved with this explosion. Also considering the person who wasn't home at the time was away, and conveniently works for NASA as a Microbiologist.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fugazzi777
most likely faulty appliance (thermo couple)...ive been a plumber for 20 years and have some knowledge in this..everyone keeps saying there is no gas leak reported. Ok, thats because the fire department shuts the gas off when they arrive to extinguish the fire...there didnt have to be a big gas leak underground for this to happen, just an empty house slowly filling up with gas due to mechanical failure in a gas appliance and then a source of ignition, which could be anything as small as static electricity...then all these people talking like they are blast experts is laughable...very possible the house next to the explosion simply burned down...keep up the good work all you junior dectectives. Your secret decoder ring is in the mail..

Well...aren't you handy. Next time I have an explosion in my home, I'll dial your number first.....

This is ATS, a conspiracy site. Please respect the rest of us, who read that when we signed up for membership.

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by OneisOne

Nice find. That one barely even damaged the house next door from the looks of it.

Just for reference. The Knox County house was pretty much a million dollar home. It belonged to one of the VPs at Bush Brothers (think baked beans, not politicians). So maybe construction materials had something to do with the blast being more contained. I don't know, but wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Owner: Furnace may be behind Indiana blast that killed 2 Read more: www.foxnews.com...

INDIANAPOLIS – The owner of a house that exploded in Indianapolis, killing two people and damaging dozens of homes so severely officials say they must be demolished, said Monday that a problem furnace could be at fault. John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville, told The Associated Press that his daughter sent him a text message last week complaining that the furnace in the home where she lives with her mother and her mother's boyfriend had gone out and required them to stay at hotel. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Source

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by gangdumstyle

Great point. Would take a hell of a lot more heat to melt my tank of a 92 suburban, than it would to melt my 2004 BMW. Difference is night and day.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:54:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

You were correct when I was also examining the pictures, it seems as just the bodies are burnt not even fully, frame intact, engine ect..

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

most likely faulty appliance (thermo couple)...ive been a plumber for 20 years and have some knowledge in this...

Two houses had faulty "thermo couples"?? Come on.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I livve in the Indianapolis area, I was even in greenwood on Sunday, I didn't see any of this or anything about it until today on here.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

I just think No on this one.....I googled lots of pics for a home furnace explosion....they look NOTHING like the extensive damage in IN , in fact , most are contained to the home itself with very little outside debris.
Just my opinion though..of which there are many here,lol

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First, my heart goes out to the people who have been affected by this. Its truly sad whenever someone dies.

From that photo, its clear to see where the blast originated from. Take note how most of the damage is on the left and right side, with partial damage showing how debris was pushed in the front towards the street and the back towards the house. People are claiming it was something that NASA did, which is completely false.

There was a explosion from a propane heater in a small town not too far from where I live. The scene looked just like this, except it was a smaller house - thus smaller amount of debris.

As for those who are claiming that something fell out of the sky and hit it, their would be a giant hole in the ground if this was the case.

Just my two cents.
edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
The news reports are so contradicting. All this is from the same source article

Early Monday, Indianapolis public safety director Troy Riggs said forensic investigators were talking with utility companies and others as they tried to determine the cause.

"We need to make sure that we get some of the forensics back and that we follow where the evidence takes us,"

Riggs told WISH-TV. U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, has said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out.

Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon said investigators hadn't ruled out any possible causes.

So what the heck?

If they hadn't ruled out any cause how can they rule out a bomb or meth lab?

Then they say this

Officials have not released the identities of the two people killed.

Immediately followed by

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday night at Southwest Elementary School in nearby Greenwood for second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth. She and her husband, John Dion Longworth, lived in one of the homes destroyed in the blast. WTHR-TV reported that friends, family and colleagues of the teacher gathered at the school

Isn't that releasing the names of the two people killed?

SOURCE

That's the news for you (Never A Straight Answer)

It's official.

NASA is clearly involved with this explosion. Also considering the person who wasn't home at the time was away, and conveniently works for NASA as a Microbiologist.
Did I miss something. Who works for NASA. Are there any links to that?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am not sure if posted, but here is what the two houses used to look like. The one on the left appears to have had a brick front.

edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:24:17 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

The houses in the picture are not "the" houses. The one on the left, with the red brick front, is still partially standing. The two houses that are completely gone are to the right of it. I know this because the people who live in that house are friends of mine.
edit on 12-11-2012 by stormy46237 because: left out a word

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by aboutface
The gas company is saying it was not a gas explosion, but don't we expect that kind of reaction when the utility company may be facing umpteen potential lawsuits?

Where do they say that?

Here is what I found:

Initial reports suggested a gas leak led to the explosion but investigators said they are looking at all possibilities.

Source: www.fox59.com...

Actually I was reacting to a few posts saying the company was denying it, but you were correct to call me on it. This is the exact statement put out yesterday by the utility company.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stormy46237

Thanks for the info! So I need to change the arrows, one house over to the right, correct? Was hard to tell from the different perspectives.

I think that is how it should be. Apologies for the bit of misinformation.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:33:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle
First, my heart goes out to the people who have been affected by this. Its truly sad whenever someone dies.

From that photo, its clear to see where the blast originated from. Take note how most of the damage is on the left and right side, with partial damage showing how debris was pushed in the front towards the street and the back towards the house. People are claiming it was something that NASA did, which is completely false.

There was a explosion from a propane heater in a small town not too far from where I live. The scene looked just like this, except it was a smaller house - thus smaller amount of debris.

As for those who are claiming that something fell out of the sky and hit it, their would be a giant hole in the ground if this was the case.

Just my two cents.
edit on 12-11-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

I live right next to where a propane plant exploded, and let me tell you those flames were high, past even through the trees. The plant itself was left still standing and nothing to the side of it was even remotely damaged. Sure, we felt the house shake and rumble and we then saw the flames and worried that the flames would catch the adjoining homes on fire. But sorry, I doubt propane caused that damage to where everything was obliterated. Considering nothing was obliterated when the propane plant here exploded and that has more propane tanks then a home. The place wasn't even leveled like it is to the ground, some of plant was still standing. So, I'm not buying the gas explosion or a propane explosion.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindseyeopened
Text Guys me and my friend were hunting in Rock Island Tennessee the same night this happened and seen this HUGE light streak that lasted about 6 seconds in the sky. At first we thought it was a shooting star but no, it left a long trail of orange and it was VERY bright. But after 6 seconds it seemed like it burned out because the light got super bright then went out. I think this, let's say "meteor" and this is connected. This is something bigger getting covered up.

If big IF here- something hit it from the sky, it would seems that whatever it was was traveling on an west-east axis, the same axis the properties lie on. The houses in question are at 39 degrees N and 86 degrees w. Rock Island, Tennessee is almost directly south of there at 35 degrees N and 85.36 degrees W.
edit on 12-11-2012 by aboutface because: Oops accidentally clicked on reply without adding text

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
is anyone, who has been following this thread since the beginning, as curious as i am why there is no official statement from the arson team yet ??

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by diana

The reporter said it happened around 11:15 p.m or so, regardless, it was dark night. Who paints furniture outside at night in fall? I don´t swallow that. Suspiciously, at least 10 people mentioned they know the neighbours or such. Come on, ATS is big and the earth is small sometimes but not that small. I may believe 3 or 4 in a special coincidence but not as many as posted. I followed the thread until page >40. I´m not saying you are lying but many clearly do.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This whole story has intrigued me and before coming to the site I had also determined the addresses of the involved houses and did some sleuthing. I did come up with this nugget regarding Monserrate R. Shirley... it is the commencement program from her college graduation in 1996. In the commencement, it is listed that she graduated with a degree in nursing on page 5.

Kellogg Community College 1996 Commencement Program

*edit: I am mentioning this only because of the references to the NASA microbiologist claims.
edit on 12-11-2012 by djgray because: Clarification for the reason of my post.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

you can find more answers to your questions on pg 51 of this thread.
the short of it is one of the homeowners has been (identified?) as this microbiologist who specializes in ISS research.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

most likely faulty appliance (thermo couple)...ive been a plumber for 20 years and have some knowledge in this..everyone keeps saying there is no gas leak reported. Ok, thats because the fire department shuts the gas off when they arrive to extinguish the fire...there didnt have to be a big gas leak underground for this to happen, just an empty house slowly filling up with gas due to mechanical failure in a gas appliance and then a source of ignition, which could be anything as small as static electricity...then all these people talking like they are blast experts is laughable...very possible the house next to the explosion simply burned down...keep up the good work all you junior dectectives. Your secret decoder ring is in the mail..

Yes, that would explain the colorful, burning, exotic metals, and trailing sparks in the sky, just prior to the shockwave.

I love this...
edit on 12-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join