It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Thank you mrnotobc!

That's what I was wondering.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm thinking missile.

It's the closest thing that could do such damage.
edit on 12-11-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Great point. Would take a hell of a lot more heat to melt my tank of a 92 suburban, than it would to melt my 2004 BMW. Difference is night and day.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:54:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If I've got the times correct, there was no ground movement associated with this event.
By most reports the explosion occurred around 11:10 pm Saturday evening, Nov. 10th. Since Indianapolis is on EST, that would be 5 hours behind universal coordinated time, or 04:10:00 UTC on Nov 11th.

The nearest seismometer I can access is TA.P47A, which is located at 39.4869, -86.2692, about 11 miles SW of the blast. Definitely near enough to catch any kind of ground movement, whether it be earthquake or impact. Here is the associated seismograph showing vertical motion:

I don't see anything at the time of the blast (04:10 on this image). The "squiggly lines" beginning at approximately 02:20 are surface waves from a mag 6.8 earthquake at 01:12:38 UTC and 2 subsequent magnitude 5.0 aftershocks in Myanmar.

So, IMO definitely not an earthquake and most unlikely that it was a meteroite.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Olivine because: edit

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by netgamer7k

A-10 warthogs or thunderbolts( not sure which one) have been flying over east indiana since before the elections so...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Source: WISH-TV

When questioned Monday whether gas crews had visited and worked on gas lines at one of the demolished homes last week, Citizens spokesperson Dan Considine said he could not comment and referred all questions to the Department of Homeland Security.

A briefing from the Department of Homeland Security is expected Monday afternoon.

This was an update from Indianapolis WISH-TV a few minutes ago.

Looks like DHS is running the show now, but I suppose that's to be expected. Still no official cause of explosion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The news reports are so contradicting. All this is from the same source article

Early Monday, Indianapolis public safety director Troy Riggs said forensic investigators were talking with utility companies and others as they tried to determine the cause.

"We need to make sure that we get some of the forensics back and that we follow where the evidence takes us,"

Riggs told WISH-TV. U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, has said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out.

Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon said investigators hadn't ruled out any possible causes.

So what the heck?

If they hadn't ruled out any cause how can they rule out a bomb or meth lab?

Then they say this

Officials have not released the identities of the two people killed.

Immediately followed by

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday night at Southwest Elementary School in nearby Greenwood for second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth. She and her husband, John Dion Longworth, lived in one of the homes destroyed in the blast. WTHR-TV reported that friends, family and colleagues of the teacher gathered at the school

Isn't that releasing the names of the two people killed?

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Plausible, but someone would have witnessed this missile if it's was rocket propelled, or came from an aircraft. If it was a cruise missile it would have been heard. or spotted by air traffic control somewhere (unless they're all being silenced). Could have been a shoulder fired missile, but I'm not sure it would have done that much damage to such a broad area.

If they are ruling out natural gas explosion, it had to be some explosives of some sorts that went off. Why, what kind, are beyond me. Everything is speculation at this point.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Wow, do they even proof read anymore? That is just crazy. I heard someone else state before that the names weren't released, but I remembered like 10 pages back we had those two names.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:06:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe they haven't established cause of the blast by this time. DHS involvement portrays a much more sinister direction than a gas build up scenario....jmoho....

Des

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Laser guided munitions would never been seen or heard. They could detonate leaving no crater also.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Officials have not released the identities of the two people killed.

Immediately followed by

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday night at Southwest Elementary School in nearby Greenwood for second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth. She and her husband, John Dion Longworth, lived in one of the homes destroyed in the blast. WTHR-TV reported that friends, family and colleagues of the teacher gathered at the school

Isn't that releasing the names of the two people killed?

SOURCE

I have found that part puzzling too.

From my understanding, police officials have not confirmed the 2 fatalities. It is friends and family stating who they are and the media is reprinting it. I did hear someone ask if notifications had been made on the police scanner yesterday. The response was something like "we'll cover that later".

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Wow, do they even proof read anymore? That is just crazy. I heard someone else state before that the names weren't released, but I remembered like 10 pages back we had those two names.
edit on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:06:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I am not one to jump into a "conspiracy" mindset before looking at all the information.

This thing definitely smells fishy

The reporting seems to be rushed and the fact that home land security is involved is a bit suspicious.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
Source: WISH-TV

When questioned Monday whether gas crews had visited and worked on gas lines at one of the demolished homes last week, Citizens spokesperson Dan Considine said he could not comment and referred all questions to the Department of Homeland Security.

A briefing from the Department of Homeland Security is expected Monday afternoon.

This was an update from Indianapolis WISH-TV a few minutes ago.

Looks like DHS is running the show now, but I suppose that's to be expected. Still no official cause of explosion.

I'm confused. What does DHS have to do with this? I'm not going to speculate about what happened, but I can say the way its being handled by authorities is kind of weird. There is so much control over information now days its hard to make heads or tales of anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is a qoute from one of the wish tv articles, can't supply a link on mobile though.

"The source says a family member had complained about smelling gas inside the home but the source was unsure when that complaint was made and whether Citizens gas was notified."

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That qoute was from the neighbours nextdoor. Forgot to add that

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Apparently they are pretty sure they know who the people were who died but they are waiting for official verification of the identities. I forget which news site it was, but one of them said they were waiting for verification by dental records, etc.

It sounds like the news people (and neighbors) are going by who lived in the house and the authorities won't confirm until it's certain. The same article said the coroner had talked to the families of the people who the news sources identified.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I caught that too!

The victims id aren't being released BUT. . . a candlelight vigil is being held for (gives full names of victims). . .

The thing that gets me is that the news gives the profession of the wife who is a 2nd grade teacher but her husband? Well is just a husband. Nada on that one.

I thought nobody was home at the time, so who were the unfortunate casualties? Confused I am.

With DHS taking over the show, thats raising red flags for me on this event. Curious on what later reports will reveal.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Dbl post.

edit on 12-11-2012 by JWash because: double post.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
If they hadn't ruled out any cause how can they rule out a bomb or meth lab?

I may be parsing words, but when the Congressman says "they have ruled out a bomb or meth lab", that sounds specific to me.
It's as if they are saying, "we know it wasn't a pipe bomb, molitov cocktail, etc"--something fairly low-tech. But they did not say high "explosives" have been ruled out (ie. TNT, semtec, anfo, emulex, etc)
Again, probably just me parsing, but that is what I hear from that disclosure.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join