It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by captiva

good point.(about the leaves).see pic..

Just my opinion, but, to me, it looks like the explosion could have very likely been in the house closer to the bottom of the pic, (maybe the garage since they seem to be opposite each other?) damaging both houses and igniting them. The tree doesn't seem to be near the origination of the explosion.

ETA: Ahhh, nevermind. I don't even know.
edit on 11-11-2012 by wirefly because: cuz Imma dummy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmehere

The numbering must drive the delivery & mail people crazy!!!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting that the local gas company is not just rolling over and taking the blame for this. Good for them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe our friend who quoted the "Rods of God" for the explosives bunker detonation a couple of weeks ago wasnt so far off...This to my totally untrained eye looks like something hit and pulverised those houses and the fire was secondary.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by captiva

Excellent observation. Especially when the leaves are already getting ready to fall off. Strange.

It's not odd when you realize those trees look to be more the type with needle-like branches vs. big leafy ones like a maple.

I'm not an expert on trees, but you can see the ones closest to the blast were burned/damaged. As far as "leaves not being blown off"... I don't see any leaves? Would be nice to source a higher res image... but the branches look kind of needle-y ... a lot harder to "blow off"

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The girl I know is a little older.....so I dont think so. Im gonna call my brother and see what else I can find out.
2nd
edit on 11-11-2012 by dangerish because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by dangerish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Maybe our friend who quoted the "Rods of God" for the explosives bunker detonation a couple of weeks ago wasnt so far off...This to my totally untrained eye looks like something hit and pulverised those houses and the fire was secondary.....

You'd expect a crater or some other type of evidence relative to an impact from an object then, wouldn't you?

I don't see any evidence of an impact.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

What blows up houses but leaves the trees standing on the front lawn?

I would second the whole something hitting the houses and fires secondary. Maybe there was an explosion after the objects hit. But what about the trees standing still? They are pretty close to the houses.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hope one is prepared for the world is not as most would have assumed. The commentator is well informed on many 'issues' of the day. He's no stranger. Take care.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

You'd expect a crater or some other type of evidence relative to an impact from an object then, wouldn't you?

I don't see any evidence of an impact.....

Are there any weapons that explode just prior to impacting? I'm not on board with this theory, but I'm wondering if on the very slim off-chance this was a targeted thing, could there have been a weapon that would NOT impact the ground, but detonate just above? anything like that exist for this scale?

I'm also wondering if it was a meteor, too. It would have to be the random fluke of all flukes to have the right sized one to contain the damage to just this little area, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by HIWATT

What blows up houses but leaves the trees standing on the front lawn?

I would second the whole something hitting the houses and fires secondary. Maybe there was an explosion after the objects hit. But what about the trees standing still? They are pretty close to the houses.

A house doesn't have roots

2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I wouldnt know as Ive never seen a strike from a "Rod of God"....I would expect though, to see damage of some kind to trees standing a few yards from a gas explosion that completely blew up and flattened 2 houses, especially one that turns the timber to kindling..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Good point, I have no idea what kind of trees they are, not an expert either. Everywhere I have lived the leaves all fall off, except maybe a few decorative type trees in people's yards.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Gas is heavier than air, (Which is why garage floors are required to be sloped out in most building codes btw.) so I suppose that if you have a gas leak on the ground floor and the ignition point was on the upper floor, the gas concentration would be quite strong before the big bang.[/ex

WRONG

Natural gas is lighter than air - tends to collect in high points

Propane, gasoline are heavier than air and will tend to collect in lower points

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If they were going to do a strike why would they target Indianapolis Indiana and not Seattle, LA, New York, Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami..the list could go on and on.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

I wouldnt know as Ive never seen a strike from a "Rod of God"....I would expect though, to see damage of some kind to trees standing a few yards from a gas explosion that completely blew up and flattened 2 houses, especially one that turns the timber to kindling..

You do see damage to the trees closest to the blast. If you look the side of them facing the homes have evidence of burning/charring.

The reason they didn't full out burst into flames, is because a living tree contains a lot of moisture. A house is dead dry timber.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Two Dead - A MSM sourcing a twitter tweet - confirmation with names and a picture.

The picture is today's date and the explosion was last night at 11PM Eastern Time I think, so, the photo date is just the publish date and not the date it was taken.

www.fox59.com...
edit on 11/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

appliances stopped having pilot lights years ago..

No devices like stoves/water heaters have automatic ignition . If water heater still in structure would have a
flame when it turned on

Alos if igntition source was outside then would have followed the gas back toward its source

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

And those people live at 8355 ... that was one of my original house numbers.

So either 8355 or 8493 took the hit. It appears 8355 took the hit.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Here's what I got from the picture.

If someone can chime in and tell me if there are 4 houses in there would appreciate it but from what I see there is 2. Since each house has a drive-way for garage?

What's weird is the ground. The explosion would of taken place between 2 houses. Which really wouldn't make sense. The red lines being the houses.

What else is weird is the houses behind these houses have their siding coming off. The house next to the one that burnt towards the top of the picture has it too.

I would go with the meteor theory of burning the houses down afterwards. I mean I don't really think there needs to be a crater. Especially since these houses look pretty big.

The direction it would of came at being from the bottom of the picture towards the houses with the siding coming off.

Why only 3-4 houses with removed siding. So the explosion went in one direction? Wouldn't more houses be effected?
edit on 11-11-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join