It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Many agencies/positions on a local level now run under the umbrella of DHS.

Remember fusion centers?

A call to DHS could just have been a local investigator.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ok, I live an hour north of Indy, Did not feel anything, But the houses are real nice, you cannot rule out a meth lab, This is Indy after all, some guy faked his own death because he swindled money out of people for their retirement, pockted it, and faked his own death.
There was a couple that are in jail right now, lived in a house that looked just like one of them, it was beyond filth, I think there was like 4 or 5 kids had to eat out of the garbage, maggotts in opened cans, looked like a horders worse nightmare.
So, whether it be a meth lab, blown up by the owners, it could be possible.

If it were a metor strike, with all the reports of metors lately, Kinda reminds me of the movie Armaggedon. If it was a metor, I'm sure there is more to come.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Perhaps I misunderstood you. (And I think I did.)

I thought you were saying 8415 was blown
My fault.

8403 Fieldfare Way is the one that is leveled. 8409 is the one next to it, almost leveled.

Ugh. Horrific. I wonder if we will EVER get the truth.

My friend's co-worker was one of the ones whose home was destroyed. They have no clothes- her daughter needs uniforms for school tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The smell of the additive in order less natural gas:

What gives natural gas its rotten-egg-like odor? In its purest state, natural gas is odorless, colorless and tasteless. A harmless chemical (the most common is mercaptan) is added to natural gas to make it smell and easier to detect. Many people describe the odor of this additive as similar to rotten eggs. In concentrated form, the smell of this odorant is almost unbearable, and it only takes a very small amount to give natural gas its telltale odor. Odorants do not affect the potency or effectiveness of natural gas.

safegasmaryland.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorry to be "that guy"... but can someone please sum up what we know so far. I only read the first page so far, and I don't know if we are dealing with a meteor, gas explosion, or aircraft crash.
edit on 11/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmehere
reply to post by HIWATT

Perhaps I misunderstood you. (And I think I did.)

I thought you were saying 8415 was blown
My fault.

8403 Fieldfare Way is the one that is leveled. 8409 is the one next to it, almost leveled.

Ugh. Horrific. I wonder if we will EVER get the truth.

My friend's co-worker was one of the ones whose home was destroyed. They have no clothes- her daughter needs uniforms for school tomorrow.

Maybe you can ask your friends co-worker if they know Alex and his wife? I find it odd that they would report that kind of damage to their home when photos of that area seem to indicate their home should not have been that affected

Also it was reported that one of these homes was vacant. If your friends co-worker survived one home being destroyed (obviously they weren't home thank God) and the other one was vacant.... than why are there reports of 2 deaths????

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You know as much as we do. We have no idea what we are dealing with.

They have said they haven't detected any gas leaks, but aren't ruling it out.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

If it was powdery, I think it was processed. Sulfur is like a rock I think, unless the sulfur we played with in science class was molded somehow.

link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Many agencies/positions on a local level now run under the umbrella of DHS.

Remember fusion centers?

A call to DHS could just have been a local investigator.

you're right.. i hear DHS and my reg flag ears perk up... lol

link   

You know as much as we do. We have no idea what we are dealing with.

They have said they haven't detected any gas leaks, but aren't ruling it out.

Oh wow so we still don't know. That is extremely strange imo. It shouldn't take very long to pin down the cause of such a large explosion. Doesn't smell right to me...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Still up in the air and speculation at this point

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

8415 was affected. You can see it in the pictures. The left side of the house is blown off.

I misunderstood- I thought you said that 8415 was the one LEVELED
8415 is next to the one that is just about leveled- 8409. 8403 is the one completely leveled.

I don't know my friend's CO-worker- ha!
edit on 11-11-2012 by lilmehere because:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That's understandable....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
If I can interrupt for a second.... I remember as a kid going to summer camp. Across the HWY was a long nature trail going down to a river... just off the road before the trail head was a railroad track and there was always a strong smell of rotten eggs in that area. I noticed there was a lot of what looked like spilled yellow piles of powder or a cake type substance.

My counsellor told me it was sulphur that spilled off the train. Raw sulphur is yellow/cakey looking and it did smell like rotten eggs.. soooo.....

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: spellin'

Its quite plausible that a big pile of sulfur would be giving off H2S in some way or another. I'm not sure why, maybe sulfur reducing bacteria had gotten into it and started releasing hydrogen sulphide waste products or something.

edit on 11-11-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
can someone please sum up what we know so far.

What we know so far:

1. The only place a sulfur smell was mentioned, was by the OP who said he smelled it.
2. The OP was originally 30 miles away, but, his home moved magically to 5 miles away later on.
3. Homemade bomb and meth lab have been ruled out.
4. 2 people died, 7 others hospitalized, two dozen homes uninhabitable and many others need repair.
5. Gas was not smelled and the gas company found no gas leaks. Gas still could not be ruled out yet though.
6. It could be "WEEKS" before they come to a conclusion. (Per Fireman video.)
7. The gas in that area should smell skunkish and like rotten eggs; but, not sulfurish. They add the smell they said.
8. One of the 2 main homes that blew was for sale by owner. Early fiirelady statement said she got conflicting stories as to whether it was vacant or not. Later, ATS members concluded it was vacant per a neighbor's statement.

edit on 11/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

8415 was affected. You can see it in the pictures. The left side of the house is blown off.

I misunderstood- I thought you said that 8415 was the one LEVELED
8415 is next to the one that is just about leveled- 8409. 8403 is the one completely leveled.

I don't know my friend's CO-worker- ha!
edit on 11-11-2012 by lilmehere because:

I'm more interested now in the fact that you know someone who knows someone who owned one of the homes, and spoke to them after the fact.

So they are alive.

Reports say two dead.

Reports say likely gas explosion.

The thing is, for an explosion of this size to take place the gas would have had to be building up for a long time.. not just overnight. And it would have smelled to anyone in/around the home way before it built up to this point.

That indicates to me that one of the homes was either vacant or no one was home for an extended time (vacation?)

THAT then begs the question... WHO DIED?

One home was empty, and you know the other folks are ok, so

ps. INDIANAPOLIS GAS UTILITY SAYS "GAS SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS"

Straight from the horses mouth.
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: spellin'

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Let me contact my friend and see what I can find out.

I got so interested in this because I was just right there, nearly 7 days ago to the minute that this was being reported. (And I have friends in the 2-3 mile radius of the blast).

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks for that post, just what I was looking for.

Here are my thoughts so far. It can't be a plane crash because they would know by now if a plane was missing. It probably wasn't any sort of explosive device, since they have ruled out a chemical explosion and home made bomb. It's very unlikely to be a gas explosion since they haven't detected a gas leak.

That leaves relatively few alternatives... my guess would be leaning towards a fairly large meteor impact, but they don't want to scare anyone by saying that's what it was. I can't really think of anything else that could explain it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just want to give my insight here ats. 1st of all I live about 5 miles from ground zero. I was in Broadripple (which is about 15 miles from the explosion in the night club area of indy) at the time of the blast. I did not feel it, but my entire family did...(whose homes range 1 to 5 miles from blast.) Everywhere ive gone today including facebook, twitter and places in the real world as well, the only thing people are talking about is the explosion. From natural gas to meteorite, from close friends affected to people being bussed out, from DHS lockdown of the area to "I wonder if Mary brian middle school will be open monday." Oh and I havent come across a southsider who was home last night that didnt feel the blast....just like everyone is saying....2 or 3 seconds like an earthquake. also there are a bunch of people for miles who had ash and insulation in there yards this morning and raining on them last night. I heard one person say that it smells like sulfur downwind of blast.
I even read an article in which al jazeera picked up the story. anyway, this is a BIG story where I'm from and i guess everywhere else to.
The only bit of factual information I can add to the story is this.....
My neice's good friend lived in one of the houses that was blown up. In my opinion, if it was a gas explosion, it was her house that caused the initial blast. Hers would be the house that has the entire houses to the left and right destroyed as well.
My brother worked on the furnace there 3 years ago. He installed a hot surface ignitor. This is a device used in furnaces that heats up and glows to ignite the natural gas. So, what this means is that there was no standing pilot (open source flame) in the furnace.....this does not go for the hw heater or stoves.....i cant speak to that. It would have been natural gas....there is no large lp tanks or liquid propane supplied to the area.
The lead investigator from citizens thermal is all but ruling out a nat gas explosion....he said there is no residue in the soil tested.
Ive been floating the meteorite theory, but not too many are buying it
PEACE
edit on 11-11-2012 by dangerish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
this is way out there but....

what about the idea of a 'hit' of some kind, someone high up wanted 2 people dead
what better way to cover the tracks than to destroy everything around.

By the time anything is figured out the 2 will be laid to rest, it could honestly take weeks
for them to figure all of this out..

ya i know , its out there, but hey, with govt, mob and others, nothing would surprise me.
none of the obvious are panning out, i.e. gas , bomb, plane, which would mean higher up's
to come up with a explosive device not easily detected by common law officials and investigators.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join