PETA'S Dorkey; How would you feel if this was done at your child's school and your opinions in gen

page: 3
9
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


lol I just thought that up on the fly, although I DO baste my turkey in bacon grease, maaaaannnn its good


Ok, seriously, you need to start a cookbook. I'm thinking, instead of stuffing it with bacon, how about wrapping it with bacon, then stuffing it with bacon too.


Hey, turkey is white meat. Why not bacon AND scallops? Or is fish OK with peta?


Oh no! They don't agree with fishing or fish!! That's a big NO, NO! Don't even think of hunting!

But a turkey wrapped in bacon, with bacon and scallop dressing is sounding even better. Oh, don't forget basting it with bacon grease. I want Thanksgiving to be here now! Get your turkey on!!




posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


They are something else......what, I haven't figured out yet, but something else! My kids think they are all nuts. We've actually discussed the issues, and the kids laugh at the PETA people. They all adore our pets, and love eating yummy meat, as well. In our house, PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.


As for the billboard.....tough issue. Freedom of speech is something I don't want to push, but there are some decency standards. So, sort of a difficult problem. I think a better method than laws against such billboards would be for people to contact the billboard companies themselves, and let them know they don't appreciate this sort of thing. Let the market decide the issue.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


TBH.

Isn't it a fair question?

An an animal is an animal.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
I don't get PETA. How come they don't keep bears from eating fish, coyotes from eating chickens, and snakes from eating eggs?
They'd save a lot more animal life that way. So dumb.


PETA is a Marxist controlled organization. It is about regulating and controlling human activities., which is what the Psychopathic political movement known as Marxism/Communism is all about.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Very poor taste but wouldn't have worked where i grew up anyway.

The answer would have been on the lines of "well, we had the pig for dinner on sunday that we fed by hand from being a piglet".

They would probably have been offered a variety of bacon sandwiches while they were setting up too.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


*LOL* the kids around here would get a kick out of that,
think it was one of the funniest things they have ever seen.

around here peta stands for People Eating Taste Animals.

Most are hunting by the age of 13, and been out with others
hunting since they were born.


Around here, we have a special place for all of god's creatures....


right between the corn and potatoes.
edit on 13-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


They are something else......what, I haven't figured out yet, but something else! My kids think they are all nuts. We've actually discussed the issues, and the kids laugh at the PETA people. They all adore our pets, and love eating yummy meat, as well. In our house, PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.


As for the billboard.....tough issue. Freedom of speech is something I don't want to push, but there are some decency standards. So, sort of a difficult problem. I think a better method than laws against such billboards would be for people to contact the billboard companies themselves, and let them know they don't appreciate this sort of thing. Let the market decide the issue.


Education does start at home about these extremist. I agree the billboard companies should be catching backlash from this too.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


Very poor taste but wouldn't have worked where i grew up anyway.

The answer would have been on the lines of "well, we had the pig for dinner on sunday that we fed by hand from being a piglet".

They would probably have been offered a variety of bacon sandwiches while they were setting up too.


We have begun raising and slaughtering our own meat for a year or more now. Nothing like fresh meat!



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


*LOL* the kids around here would get a kick out of that,
think it was one of the funniest things they have ever seen.

around here peta stands for People Eating Taste Animals.

Most are hunting by the age of 13, and been out with others
hunting since they were born.


Around here, we have a special place for all of god's creatures....


right between the corn and potatoes.
edit on 13-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)


Same thing around here, hunting season is in full swing. Fishing is never out of season! Take that PeTA! Sorry, got a little carried away there



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by fictitious
I don't get PETA. How come they don't keep bears from eating fish, coyotes from eating chickens, and snakes from eating eggs?
They'd save a lot more animal life that way. So dumb.


PETA is a Marxist controlled organization. It is about regulating and controlling human activities., which is what the Psychopathic political movement known as Marxism/Communism is all about.


I've never given peta much thought, but that sounds about right. I don't doubt it.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by fictitious
I don't get PETA. How come they don't keep bears from eating fish, coyotes from eating chickens, and snakes from eating eggs?
They'd save a lot more animal life that way. So dumb.


PETA is a Marxist controlled organization. It is about regulating and controlling human activities., which is what the Psychopathic political movement known as Marxism/Communism is all about.


I've never given peta much thought, but that sounds about right. I don't doubt it.


Sadly, we have to watch out for these things.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


They are something else......what, I haven't figured out yet, but something else! My kids think they are all nuts. We've actually discussed the issues, and the kids laugh at the PETA people. They all adore our pets, and love eating yummy meat, as well. In our house, PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.


As for the billboard.....tough issue. Freedom of speech is something I don't want to push, but there are some decency standards. So, sort of a difficult problem. I think a better method than laws against such billboards would be for people to contact the billboard companies themselves, and let them know they don't appreciate this sort of thing. Let the market decide the issue.


Education does start at home about these extremist. I agree the billboard companies should be catching backlash from this too.


I can't remember the topic, but I do recall something political or other that some companies refused to carry. Way better method, and safer, than the speech issues can be!

The key is parents teaching their own children, though. Even if the kids are in school somewhere, parents should still have a role, and I think a lot these days just remove themselves from the equation, and let the schools teach whatever they want.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by GideonFaith

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


They are something else......what, I haven't figured out yet, but something else! My kids think they are all nuts. We've actually discussed the issues, and the kids laugh at the PETA people. They all adore our pets, and love eating yummy meat, as well. In our house, PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.


As for the billboard.....tough issue. Freedom of speech is something I don't want to push, but there are some decency standards. So, sort of a difficult problem. I think a better method than laws against such billboards would be for people to contact the billboard companies themselves, and let them know they don't appreciate this sort of thing. Let the market decide the issue.


Education does start at home about these extremist. I agree the billboard companies should be catching backlash from this too.


I can't remember the topic, but I do recall something political or other that some companies refused to carry. Way better method, and safer, than the speech issues can be!

The key is parents teaching their own children, though. Even if the kids are in school somewhere, parents should still have a role, and I think a lot these days just remove themselves from the equation, and let the schools teach whatever they want.


I agree. Many parents are absent until something goes awry with their child in particular. The whole education system is failing. That could be another thread for sure. How history books twist the truth around to make it look one way, when really it was another. We, as parents have sat back and allowed this to happen. It has to stop somewhere, other than sheltering them at home behind closed curtains and doors.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think their message is being missed. It is about how turkeys are treated. They do feel just like our pets, so why is one given sanctuary and not the other?

I don't think it is as bad as the anti abortion groups with their huge signs on the median strip I have to deal with. It IS protected under the first amendment. Whether you like the message or not.

No, they do not handle things smartly. People are not going to stop eating turkey at Thanksgiving. But what they should show is the horrid conditions these animals are put under, and advocate local farming, which is much better for the environment, and free range or heritage turkeys.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


I see no problem with it, as long as the school isn't endorsing it and putting it inside the schools. I'm much more pissed off about the poster of Rihanna in the lunch room endorsing milk. Rihanna should not be on a poster in any school, I don't care if she's endorsing alphabet soup!

Anyhow, my 4 year old would gladly eat his dog if he got hungry enough, but he prefers lettuce and onion, and green vegetables. He even eats his green beans! My 6 year old eats almost exclusively meat, but he will eat his weight in Broccoli, because I told him a couple of years ago that it would help turn him into a power ranger!

If your kids are influenced more by billboards than they are the parental influence, then don't blame the billboards, blame yourself.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think their message is being missed. It is about how turkeys are treated. They do feel just like our pets, so why is one given sanctuary and not the other?

I don't think it is as bad as the anti abortion groups with their huge signs on the median strip I have to deal with. It IS protected under the first amendment. Whether you like the message or not.

No, they do not handle things smartly. People are not going to stop eating turkey at Thanksgiving. But what they should show is the horrid conditions these animals are put under, and advocate local farming, which is much better for the environment, and free range or heritage turkeys.



They do have the first amendment right. No one here has disagreed with that one.

It's the way they are going about their message about turkeys is just messed up. Posting in front of schools about children not eating their dogs. Giving them tombstone pics to stick in the family turkey. I don't think their tactic is in the right place. It should be with the parents who are buying the turkeys. Personally, it will not change my family meal for Thanksgiving.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Or the smoking commercials that I have to change the channel to keep my wife and kids from puking. There should be laws against grotesque depictions of anything. How are the abortion posters and billboards, and smoking commercials ok, but thong bikinis are outlawed?



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by GideonFaith
 


I see no problem with it, as long as the school isn't endorsing it and putting it inside the schools. I'm much more pissed off about the poster of Rihanna in the lunch room endorsing milk. Rihanna should not be on a poster in any school, I don't care if she's endorsing alphabet soup!

Anyhow, my 4 year old would gladly eat his dog if he got hungry enough, but he prefers lettuce and onion, and green vegetables. He even eats his green beans! My 6 year old eats almost exclusively meat, but he will eat his weight in Broccoli, because I told him a couple of years ago that it would help turn him into a power ranger!

If your kids are influenced more by billboards than they are the parental influence, then don't blame the billboards, blame yourself.


I'm glad you are ok with it. That's why I started this thread to see what parents thought.

About Rihanna, maybe you start a thread about it.

Sometimes we trick our children into eating what is good for them. I've been there before.

I agree about the parental influence being top influence in their lives. It's just some children do not have that same parental influence in their lives.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Or the smoking commercials that I have to change the channel to keep my wife and kids from puking. There should be laws against grotesque depictions of anything. How are the abortion posters and billboards, and smoking commercials ok, but thong bikinis are outlawed?


It is true. Many things can influence our children and families. Many things we will never understand why they are ok and others are not.



posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is still thankfully allowed in the states, even though a mass majority may disagree with a said billboard, poster or ad. I'm still grateful we have that right to express our opinions, and when our children come asking about a certain billboard, we as parents can explain the reasons behind 'why this billboards says what it does'. I would much rather have the choice and teach options and scenarios on why someone said this or that, then to never have a choice at all.

Personally I think Peta went off the deep end with their off the wall advertising and extreme tactics years ago, I'm all for animals rights but if our lives were left up to them, I"m afraid we all would be starving and wearing clothes made of grass, or wait do they consider grass sacred too



  exclusive video


new topics
 
9
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join