It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA'S Dorkey; How would you feel if this was done at your child's school and your opinions in gen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

A billboard that will be placed outside Nevada public schools is sure to make for interesting Thanksgiving dinner conversation, that is, if kids let the turkey make it to the table.

PETA plans to place a billboard that reads, "KIDS: If you wouldn't eat your dog, why eat a turkey? Go vegan," with a picture of a dog head on a turkey body, near Reno public schools.

Similar ads will be run outside public schools in California, and were placed in Canada in September.

"Kids love animals, and if they thought about how turkeys feel pain and fear just as dogs and cats do, they want to switch out those drumsticks for Tofurky," Marta Homlberg, associate director of Youth Outreach Campaigns for peta2 said in a press release.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I'm not so sure this is the correct way to go around parents to get to their children. Everyone has a choice to eat meat or eat vegan. I think it is inappropriate and should be taken down and left to the parents to decide.

edit on Sat Nov 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
PETA is a not a pro animal organization.

It is anti people organization. Bunch of crazy extremists.

Who euthanize most of the animals they 'save' anyway.

Bunch of crooks. I would be FURIOUS if these ads were in my child's school. A billboard? Fine, everybody has the right to advertise, but I hope there's a backlash.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well.. be prepared to draft legislation prohibiting specific kinds of free speech within a certain radius of public schools.

I don't think Westboro Baptist should be protesting near funerals either, but taking people's first amendment right away is complicated, and it should be
edit on 10-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
PETA is a not a pro animal organization.

It is anti people organization. Bunch of crazy extremists.

Who euthanize most of the animals they 'save' anyway.

Bunch of crooks. I would be FURIOUS if these ads were in my child's school. A billboard? Fine, everybody has the right to advertise, but I hope there's a backlash.

~Tenth

They are crazy extremist and I don't like the idea of posting in or near schools. I also hope there is backlash.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Peta has never been known for being classy. If my kids saw this I would simply help them do some research into peta and let them decide on their own.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't get PETA. How come they don't keep bears from eating fish, coyotes from eating chickens, and snakes from eating eggs?
They'd save a lot more animal life that way. So dumb.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Yes, everyone has first amendment rights. I know that. The only thing I was asking was how would you feel if it was done at your child's school or any opinions in general. I wasn't debating first amendment rights.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

I have to agree with your general feelings on this. As some say they DO have the First Amendment to allow their despicable messaging to our children for their political causes. At the same time, we all have the right as consumers in an area this happens in to insure the billboard company might even consider apolitical advertising entirely. Additionally, for those who would consider the use of children for politics to be acceptable....how shall I word this... Their waste product better not have even a slightly offensive odor. Not a speeding ticket they hoped would go away and never be talked about...nothing. All's fair when the kids come into it and short of making things up, at their level, anything non-violent sounds fair to me.

There are activists and there are obnoxivists. PETA is real deep on the Obnoxious side of even that.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the message PETA has been trying to convey since they first were created is that we have a higher level of intelligence, we are more evolved and therefore we are supposed to treat other creatures with respect.

I agree that sometimes their ads go a bit overboard, but I agree with their overall message. There are a lot of sadistic human beings that support and take part in the abuse of animals.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I say we eat PETA members for Thanksgiving.

Who's with me?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For every turkey PETA doesn't eat, I'm going to eat 2, after stuffing them with bacon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Once again the same type of replies.

"Oh, God, you can't take away our right to free speech."

Any freedom without responsibility ends up the same way.

In my reality free speech is of vital importance as long as you are not lying to or miss-leading the public. Politicians lie every day. Lying to "we the people" in a democracy should be a capitol offense.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
PETA: If you wouldn't eat your houseplant, why eat a salad?

This can go both ways.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
PeTA...

Know why the "e" in PeTA is not capitalized? There is NOTHING ethical about PeTA.

Encouraging vandalism, supporting domestic terrorism (search Rodney Coronado)

Comparing "retarded children" (their words, not mine) to insects.

Opposing pets. Opposing seeing eye dogs.

They are opposed to ANY animal testing and any animal products.

Take insulin for example. The VP of PeTA, Mary Beth Sweetland, is diabetic. She relies on insulin, from animals, to maintain her rather worthless life. She justifies her particular reliance on insulin on needing to live to help the poor animals.

Many many celebrities get sucked in to supporting PeTA without having any idea just what a crooked organization it really is.

The list goes on and on.

edit on 10-11-2012 by TFCJay because: Typo (sorry)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Meh, if dogs tasted as good as turkey or bacon, I'd consider it

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I say let's all gather together and go to PeTA headquarters. We can sit around and eat turkey, bacon, sausage, chicken, fish, venison, well any meat you can think of bringing. We will even cook it there so they can smell all the wonder smells of meat. It will be a Meat Fest!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
PETA is full of crap. I'm all for treating animals well. I'm also all for eating them too.

If my kids saw that sign, they'd say we've already eaten dog.
We lived in Asia for 8 yrs total. When in Asia, do as they Asians do. .

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And people complain about separation of church and state...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I they think they need to spend more time and money helping the human cause.

Some children reading that billboardight not even get Turkey for dinner because they are too poor.

The animal agenda has went too far and if people would spend as much time and money helping their human counterparts, this world would be a lot better of a place for a lot of people.

As usual as a species, we have our priorities all screwed up and Peta is a major contributor to screwed up priorities.

I can't believe people. It totally boggles my mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Where is all the love people. I only get 3 stars and flags for PeTA being Dorkey???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join