It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 panorama - matching the rocks to the hi-res LRO image

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

You know,you constantly amaze.

You've spent the majority of your time here on ATS trying to prove that the Apollo Moon Landings were a hoax and never happened, that they were a huge conspiracy.

Now you are saying that because ASU is removing the black crosses out of the photos, it proves that NASA is trying to hide things on the moon (your statement,not mine).

The hilarious thing about all this is again, while those 2 panoramas are not available, the original frames are, with their black crosses intact. The panoramas were put together using these frames.

That has to be a very piss poor way of trying to "hide" something.

But in any case, you've just contradicted yourself yet again. According to you: we didn't go to the moon, yet NASA is trying to hide something in pictures that they took while on the moon.

A LOT of people reading this thread are seeing that.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Originally posted by ngchunter

Anybody reading this thread who has access to the original 1971 panoramas of Dune Crater, official catalogue S-71-47077 and S-71-47080, please speak up now.

Or forever hold your peace.

Post 104-KSC-64C-4647 and 104-KSC-64C-1094 or forever hold your peace.

You are using a straw-man argument in conjunction with DJW's favorite technique ..... the Mirror

No, I'm not. You are making the argument that there's a conspiracy because the NASA images you want are not available online.

I see that you have also abandoned the OP's original premise, you won't defend it, and you are focussed acutely on your off-topic images that have nothing to do with Dune Crater.

I am showing how incredibly flawed your argument is. If my images are off-topic then report my off-topic posts to the mods or quit whining. Funny how they haven't deleted any of those posts so far...

In a real debate you would be sanctioned for going off-topic.

Again, if my posts are off-topic then report them or stop whining.

We have to look at reality. Reality says that S-71-47077 and S-71-47080 are reported in this catalogue.

So what? 104-KSC-64C-4647 and 104-KSC-64C-1094 are just as real.
i319.photobucket.com...
i319.photobucket.com...

It's easy to find Apollo 15 panoramas on the internet, on usgs.gov, on nasa.gov and www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/.

It's easy to find Apollo 10 launch photos on the internet as well, but where is 107-KSC-69PC-211?
i319.photobucket.com...

But the panorama at Dune Crater is different and these panoramas S-71-47077 and S-71-47080 were made in 1971. They are not to be found anywhere on the internet.

104-KSC-64C-4647, 104-KSC-64C-1094 and 107-KSC-69PC-211 were made between 1964 and 1969. They are not to be found anywhere on the internet.

It becomes a more significant fact, by carefully reading this thread, we came to the conclusion that nobody knows where Jim Irwin's camera is today. Nobody can account for it.

Did you call NASA and ask them where it is? No, you didn't. That's just it, you refuse to do ANY real research. If you can't find it by googling you declare a conspiracy. That's ridiculous. If that were the limit of my own research skills, there are quite a number of projects I never would have completed.

Add this up with NASA's ongoing copyright relationship with ASU and the facts start to tell us a story........

The real story....... NASA has something to hide on the moon. NASA is removing the reseau marks from Apollo images
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You lie. ASU is removing the reseau marks from their scans. NASA is not. If you want ANY of the Apollo images in their original form without any digital processing, including oh say, 107-KSC-69PC-211, all you have to do is call public affairs and ask. This is called doing actual research, not just sitting at your computer and complaining because you can't find it by googling.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
#1. Your side has totally abandoned the OP premise.

From my point of view, the best thing you all can wish for at this point in time is for this thread to be deleted by a moderator because, this thread is a total defeat of the OP premise.

#2. When your side abandoned the OP premise your side engaged in off-topic digressions and picture perfect straw man arguments.

From my point of view, this is where your side lost all credibility.

#3. I was the only one interested in asking the OP questions about his panorama and his sources and his conclusions. See the bottom of page 1.

#4. I was the only who pointed out that the OP cropped his panorama from a NASA AMES gigapan. OP didn't even disclose where he cropped his image from.

#5. I was the one who pointed out that the OP's panorama had duplicate rocks in it! See page 2.

#6. I was the one who noted that Jim Irwin's camera jammed up at Dune Crater. See page 3.

#7. Here. Have a piece of cake.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawfulYou've spent the majority of your time here on ATS trying to prove that the Apollo Moon Landings were a hoax and never happened, that they were a huge conspiracy.

Actually, I spent the whole time here on ATS learning from you Apollo guys. DJW, wmd, ArMap, nataylor, FoosM, pinke, Jarrah White, decisively, I hate to make a list because the list is incomplete.

And I learned a lot on my own. I learned that Farouk El-Baz was hired at BellComm by Richard Nixon's brother, Ed. And that Farouk El-Baz chose every single Apollo landing site. And that Howard Hughes built the Surveyor spacecraft. And that Richard Nixon and Howard Hughes had a "sensitive" financial relationship.

Stuff like that makes ATS the best forum and keeps me coming back. So are you going to defend the OP premise or continue with the straw man B*s*.?
edit on 11/27/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: add more Nixon!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

#1. Your side has totally abandoned the OP premise.

From my point of view, the best thing you all can wish for at this point in time is for this thread to be deleted by a moderator because, this thread is a total defeat of the OP premise.

Ironically, that seems to be what you're wishing for since the mods failed to see fit to delete any of my supposedly-off-topic posts...

#2. When your side abandoned the OP premise your side engaged in off-topic digressions and picture perfect straw man arguments.

From my point of view, this is where your side lost all credibility.

It's not a strawman argument. You literally argued that NASA's old version of the panorama is a fraud because it's not available online. I demonstrated that your logic there was completely wrong.

#5. I was the one who pointed out that the OP's panorama had duplicate rocks in it! See page 2.

I see you whining about stitching errors in a panorama. Color me singularly unimpressed. It happens with handheld panoramas ALL THE TIME. It shows me that you don't know anything about photography or panoramas.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have asked Eric Jones (one of the editors at ALSJ) about these particular panoramas.

Greetings, I'm enquiring regarding the original Apollo 15 panoramas S-71-47077 and S-71-47080, assembled in the 70s. They are listed in a pdf I've seen, but I can't find them anywhere on the Internet. If they are not ailable online, could you be so kind to make them available.

And here's the reply:

I will order digital copies from NASA Johnson. We should have them next week. Wishing you all the best, Eric

Fingers crossed

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Fingers crossed

Good luck with your quest.

How long are you going to wait for an answer from Eric Jones?

I noticed on the ALSJ in the Eric Jones section he says "Comments of any kind are appreciated. The astronauts and I want the Journal to be as accurate and accessible as possible."

So I sent him an e-mail also:

Dear Mr. Jones,

My name is ******, but I go by Sayonara Jupiter on Abovetopsecret.com.

Me and my friends on Abovetopsecret.com have lately been discussing the subject of Lunar Hasselblads and the Dune Crater panoramas.

I was hoping that you might be able to shed some light on the 1971 Dune Crater panoramas, specifically, the 1971 catalogue images S71-47077 or S71-47080.

We have been looking around the internet for these images but we can't find them. Hopefully you can help us out!

Thank you,

********, **

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I just got a reply from Eric, with the 2 panoramas attached. I've uploaded them to Pictureshack:

s71-47077
s71-47080

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I just got a reply from Eric, with the 2 panoramas attached. I've uploaded them to Pictureshack:

s71-47077
s71-47080

Well that takes care of that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

s71-47077
s71-47080

Thankyou Widespace for posting these up .

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

s71-47077
s71-47080

Thanks. I'll wait for Mr. Jones to upload these to his website. You know, a website that has .gov at the end of it, here's an example :

www.hq.nasa.gov...

I don't take candy from strangers and neither should you guys. Best of luck to all of you.

edit on 12/7/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: grammars

edit on 12/7/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: too many to's

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

s71-47077
s71-47080

Thanks. I'll wait for Mr. Jones to upload these to his website. You know, a website that has .gov at the end of it, here's an example :

www.hq.nasa.gov...

I don't take candy from strangers and neither should you guys. Best of luck to all of you.

edit on 12/7/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: grammars

edit on 12/7/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: too many to's

And you're still unwilling to do a single bit of research yourself by calling NASA PAO and asking for a copy of those images. Even when given the images you refuse to take them. That is the height of intellectual dishonesty.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

If you re-read this thread, in all honesty, how many times did the pro-Apollo side go off-topic??? Why don't you accuse the pro-Apollo side of being intellectually dishonest, too??

The issue isn't "going off-topic."

The issue is you refusing to admit that you were proven wrong about those images.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Very disappointed in the quality of this thread and the heavy handed moderation..... Here are some puppets on the Moon.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Here are some puppets on the Moon.

They even labeled it "SIMULATION" for the simple minded.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Here are some puppets on the Moon.

They even labeled it "SIMULATION" for the simple minded.

Isn't there a quote from a NASA bigwig who says something about the people in Apollo Mission Control would never know the difference between a simulation and the real thing? Can you refresh my memory?

edit on 12/19/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: apollo

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

It was Gene Kranz, he said that the simulated missions used in drilling the flight officers of Mission Control were so good that the flight officers couldn't tell the difference between real "Apollo missions" and drill simulations.
forums.randi.org...

But that is, of course, is just one person's remark. Others point out that while the simulations were meticulously planned, they weren't perfect and required many adjustments.

Gene is famous for the Apollo 13 incident. Now, what to the hoax believers say about this failed Apollo mission? Why would NASA want to fake a failed mision?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join