It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer Principle/Party

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

There will always be people like yourself that will choose government subservience over independence.

Your choice, I guess.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by beezzer

So you're suggesting that people band together to make sure everybody has what they need. Once this "community" effort became more organized, it would resemble the social service portion of the government. So you've come up with what we already have but left out the word government.

The government has been vilified to such a degree that you have all forgot that people are the government. And we already try to make sure everyone in society is provided for.

I had someone earlier extrapolate that the movement would become a greedy corporation.

That fell flat.

Now you are trying to bridge what some of us are tryingto do with the government.

All we are trying to do is free the people who want to be freed FROM government.

My point still stands--you've proposed a system that already exists.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Hey, you don't want to help people, then don't!

I'm going to though.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm going to though.

I've seen this strategy before. Rather than address the fact that you've re-invented social services, and maybe even the idea of government itself, you deflect with a semi-absurd statement based on anything but my response.

Really, how is this any different from what already exists?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm going to though.

I've seen this strategy before. Rather than address the fact that you've re-invented social services, and maybe even the idea of government itself, you deflect with a semi-absurd statement based on anything but my response.

The main point is getting people away from government endorsed slavery and getting them to become independent and self reliant.

Honestly though,you'll reply with some sort of drivel about how good government is and that it isn't slavery, then I'll comply with a reply.

*sigh*

You just don't want to get it, do you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

This thread confuses me nearly as much as anything I've seen on ATS. No, not the OP, but the responses.

I couldn't have imagined so many various and complicated excuses for avoiding helping others where we can. Why do you think it's so distateful to so many posters? Actually, it may not be a good idea to answer that.

Anyway, I'm with you. I'll be devoting time to helping a charitable organization in our small town. It's local and has very little overhead. Because of my position, I will be able to re-emphasize the person to person assistance programs, and perhaps make a difference.

Send me your "Beezzer Brigade" pin and mug at your earliest opportunity.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Thanks Jimmie. You summed it up pretty well.

I remember when my son was young, someone might ask in small-talk what I like to do for "fun". Just when and how would I have any time or money for "fun"??
I was usually too exhausted to even think about it.

All the best to you and your family.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, what I find astounding is the people trying to talk me and others, like yourself, out of helping people.

If I'm making a fools errand, then I should be free to do so, shouldn't I?

If I only help one person, won't that be making a difference?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why if it isn't Peter and Valentine Wiggin.

(second line)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by beezzer

Why if it isn't Peter and Valentine Wiggin.

(second line)

Wrong siblings.

I'm emulating Ender.

And this isn't a game.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wrong siblings.

I'm emulating Ender.

And this isn't a game.

Ender didn't have a girl backing him up, did he... bunny?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Wrong siblings.

I'm emulating Ender.

And this isn't a game.

Ender didn't have a girl backing him up, did he... bunny?

No. Ender favoured the weaker amoung his class and that, in the end, gave him the most strength.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Is there any particular reason that you started a thread about yourself?

It's a little narcissistic, isn't it?

Seems to be Peters M.O. don't it?

And why the bunny?

You riding on Bug's coat-tails?

Or is it a different Dancing Rabbit that you're emulating?

edit on 11-11-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

Your plan, of course, is not a fool's errand, it is the errand we are born to because we are humans. It is, if you prefer, God's errand. Helping a person is doing the best possible thing. A person is more valuable than a symphony or a novel, and helping one is the great achievement that will live beyond you.

I try very hard not to be harsh, and I'm sorry that this will probably be taken that way, but I feel I have to say it.

It has been said we live in a consumer society. There are some who see it as their right to consume continually. If they give money to some one else, then they can't spend it themselves. And why would they want to spend time on someone when they could be watching football?

Paying taxes is not a problem for these people, it's just another bill, like cable or water. There is absolutely no feeling that paying taxes helps any individual, it's too far removed from the person being helped to allow that. "Letting government do it" means we don't have to think about it, or do anything about it, we can sweep it under the rug.

You, beezzer, have done a terrible thing. You have called us to account. You have placed the needy directly in front of us and asked "What are YOU going to do about it?" There are some who feel guilty about their answer to that question, and are trying to make it go away. But it won't. It will face us all our lives. You have performed heart surgery, I just hope we all still have hearts to be operated on.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Is there any particular reason that you started a thread about yourself?

It's a little narcissistic, isn't it?

Seems to be Peters M.O. don't it?

And why the bunny?

You riding on Bug's coat-tails?

*shakes head*

Trying to encourage people to help others to get outofgovernment slavery and it's become aboutme.

Let's then make it about altruism.

Something the current government and it's followers, can't even pronounce aparently.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Trying to encourage people to help others to get outofgovernment slavery and it's become aboutme.

Your name is in the title.

YOU made this about you.

Let's then make it about altruism.

Coming from someone who titles his threads with his own name, and writes poems about running over animals with his car, that means almost nothing.

Something the current government and it's followers, can't even pronounce aparently.

Your suggestion is childishly naive:

It's time to return those checks.

Your plan, is to tell people on the government dole to return their checks?

Why not just tell them to not sign up for them in the first place, for all the good it will do you?

Why not get them to petition their government to end these form of subsidies?

You say these people are slaves because the money they get from the government is the most they can spend..... and you completely ignore the entire financial system that causes all wealth to flow towards the Global Central Bankers, at the detriment of the populous........

You aren't trying to solve anything.... you are just trying to make yourself look altruistic for brownie points.
edit on 11-11-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm going to though.

The main point is getting people away from government endorsed slavery and getting them to become independent and self reliant.

Get them away from government and to this:

We need to step in and provide guidance on her education, job possibilities, housing possibilities.

No more slavery under our current form of government because Beezer and friends are going to step in and "guide" you. This doesn't sound oppressive at all. /sarcasm

Give me a break. You have suggested that people form a coalition to help others improve their lives. People have been doing that for thousands of years and they call it.....government.

"Hey--let's all band together under the same cause but not call it government."

-Beezzer

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds nice and probably some would take you up on that, but I thnk most if given a choice between free checks, or working would choose free checks.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I firmly believe that the majority of single mothers would be willing to work, as opposed to receiving assistance from the government, if of course the job would allow for more income. And more income on a scale that will make a difference. Personally, I would think that the majority of people who are on government assistance programs would rather stay on them as long as possible, if the alternative of getting a job means they will only be making the same amount, or even slightly more.

This is not laziness, just common sense. There are people out there however that would rather take a crappy job as opposed to receiving public assistance, and I completely understand this, but from the pov of intelligence, it is not the right choice. From the pov of honor and character however, it is the right choice. Anyway, I am just telling what I believe many Americans on government programs are thinking. It seems logical at least. Sort of like why break your back for no reason, even if it means that the government supports you...This is how many think, but this does not mean they are lazy by any means.

Some of them are, of course, but many of them likely cannot find a decent job, thus they turned to public assistance. So they are unemployed not because they do not wish to work, but because they cannot get a job decent enough to provide for themselves or their families, or make more than they can via public programs.

So in conclusion, I completely agree with your platform, as I understand that the truth is not that people are lazy, like some spout off on here. That is just wrong. If it were up to them, there would be hundreds of thousands of people starving in the streets, because public assistance would be wiped out completely. This is so impractical it is stupid. Literally ignorant.

So if there were a way for people like those you describe to get decent jobs, I am convinced that they would work. Probably not at McDonald's however, because as I said, they can likely make the same amount via public assistance, so in their mind's they do not figure they should work to make the same amount, unless of course they had to. But if you cut out this assistance altogether, there is no way all of those people, even if they can work, are going to be able to locate employment. I understand that some disagree with the mindset I describe in this post, and I am not saying that this represents my views, rather I am saying many citizens of the US think this way, and you are not going to change anything by attempting to get them to change their ways in this area. This is just how it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Some people are already trying to fix these problems, they are called Libertarians. You voted against them and fought them tooth and nail with your support of Romney or "Obama Lite" but hopefully now you will see the light.

The party is the Liberty Party get on bored or get out the waaay. We will be supporting Gary Johnson next election. I suggest doing sincere reading into him as a candidate. You can't believe you want to get out of this economic slavery and police/nanny state and support people like Romney. It just doesn't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join