It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer Principle/Party

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
reply to post by beezzer

You know what?I don't think you are what you seem to be.No member is more important than the others, this is not a popularity contest,this is a conspacy forum.Why are you given so much attention Beezzer, what makes you so special?I have been here for a loooooong time and no member ever for the last seven years here on ATS has garnered so much attention,I think you are full of #, and I don't know why so many people give a # your wife is on ATS (with all respects to the lady)it's a conspiracy, not a family forum,but that is just my humble opinion.
edit on 10-11-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

Woah..unnecessary..I think he contributes a lot and gets out of it what he puts in..and no matter what he says he always has people who disagree, just like everyone here. This thread for example. You can't be mad at him for others choosing to give him attention. And so what if he contributes more than people who have been here longer? Also, it's cool his wife joined..get over it. You can disagree with some one without telling them they are full of # and you don't give a a F about their wife..ouch. Be nice, dude.

Beezer, I think you have many good ideas on this thread. & I am happy you stuck to your avatar change promise.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by adnachiel21

Dear adnachiel2,

I have to agree with you generally, but we have a problem in the US. On occasion, someone really needs the extra help. Our government has decided to take it upon itself to do the helping. Once our government starts spending it doesn't know how to stop. Now, instead of family, friends and charities helping out, the government is throwing money at the problem left and right so that the parents no longer feel any responsibility for their acts. They count on the government to take care of all their problems.

With respect,
Charles1952
dear charles1952,
you have my greatest respect of all the members and i agree with your thoughts.
but plz consider the root cause of the government's growing influence, the destruction of the traditional family.
thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i am sure some will accept our guidance and be successful but they will most likely become the inspiration to become a single mom for many more.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
reply to post by beezzer

i am sure some will accept our guidance and be successful but they will most likely become the inspiration to become a single mom for many more.

I just used the single mom as an example. Thee are also families struggling.

Let's all of us be the example to others.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Although I agree with you to a point. I would argue that that money would best be handled in those local communities rather than a central government. Beezers idea is great but i believe it would require funding of some sort. Nevertheless the answer is localism. Local communities taking on their own problems. It's much easier to identify the cases that need the help and aso brings the community together.

The biggest problem s many don't have the time to help out and that's why you do need some forms of community organisations to help direct these kind of ideas and find those with the time and inclination to help.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by beezzer

I'm talking about spending a few hours time (maybe not even that much) helping people. Seeing what they need. Trying to help.

Many of us have a variety of resources at our beck and call thet we don't ever use.

I totally get that. If anyone really wants to help, heres how. Locate one of these tent cities. If you work at a company that has a shipping dock and a truck, load one with wood pallets and sheets of cardboard and dump them nearby one of these places. Pallets get broken down into firewood to cook their food and the cardboard covers the ground to lay their bed roll on.

Instead of giving people money, give them a handful of candles or a poncho. A cheap poncho keeps the rain off them while they're walking. Plastic garbage bags keep clothing dry and insects off of stored food. Most people have a garage full of camping gear that they never use. Wool caps, gloves and socks are going to come in handy this year. A small flashlight or a handful of AA batteries is a godsend.

Think along those lines. You'd be an angel for a day. One damn day out of your busy, selfish schedule.

I really like this idea and worked in the retail industry for a long time befor I got so fed up I quit. Retail clothes that are considered defective often get marked out of stock and thrown away. 'Defective' clothes could just mean a tiny stain that is too hard to get out or something that was slightly sewn wrong. Some companies have a policy that lets you donate these clothes to charity but ALOT won't let you do this. Instead, you have to rip up the clothes before throwing them away to make it impossible for dumpster divers to take. Completely moronic!!! And they are strict on this policy. A manager who didn't do this (out of the good of her heart) got fired because she took the clothes to a shelter. I would throw the clothes out but not destroy them so people could actually retrieve them and wear them. My dear employees didn't snitch on me.

If there could be some kind of law to pass about this crazy company policy it could help quite a few people out there.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes beezzer - I was thinking along these same lines a few days ago. I think we all know the situtation is not getting any better. But we can't just keep fighting and arguing and pointing fingers. We as individuals don't have all the right answers, but we as a community can come up with the right answers. We have been looking to our elected officials for answers. It's damn time we realize that they don't have the answers, and really just don't care about finding them. And the time to reach out to those in need to eliminate their dependence on government has long passed. And it begins with education - educating those that are boxed in by first, helping them realize that they do not have to continue down the road they are on. There definitely are options and ways out. Many many people have found their way out. And although just about everyone at some point in time will need assistance from someone, it doesn't have to be the government they must turn to. We as a community must "step up and step in" as you simply put.

Well said beez!
edit on 11-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
One would think that a POTUS with a background in Community Management would push the idea of community support for the poor. That would of course cost the party votes since people will not equate that help as government help. Catch 22 i guess.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would also like to add this:

Just think about a world where we are ALL preppers. Think about how easily we could rebuild peoples lives after a disaster of any type; How easily we could provide for those in need without needing the government to step in. It really is up to us, always has been, always will be.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by beezzer

I'm talking about spending a few hours time (maybe not even that much) helping people. Seeing what they need. Trying to help.

Many of us have a variety of resources at our beck and call thet we don't ever use.

I totally get that. If anyone really wants to help, heres how. Locate one of these tent cities. If you work at a company that has a shipping dock and a truck, load one with wood pallets and sheets of cardboard and dump them nearby one of these places. Pallets get broken down into firewood to cook their food and the cardboard covers the ground to lay their bed roll on.

Instead of giving people money, give them a handful of candles or a poncho. A cheap poncho keeps the rain off them while they're walking. Plastic garbage bags keep clothing dry and insects off of stored food. Most people have a garage full of camping gear that they never use. Wool caps, gloves and socks are going to come in handy this year. A small flashlight or a handful of AA batteries is a godsend.

Think along those lines. You'd be an angel for a day. One damn day out of your busy, selfish schedule.

That will take care of it. you are kidding of course. drop off pallets and cardboard.. How about some hammers to break those things apart. Maybe some tape to put the cardboard together. throw in a shovel so they can dig for some roots to eat. All sorts of possibilities. You'll sleep better knowing you've done your part, and kept nasty government from handing out things like food. I don't think you truly appreciate things like scale. size and scope of problem. You post has all the appearance of sarcasm but sadly I don't this it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
After 6 years of marriage and one child, my husband became extremely mentally ill and violent. I had to flee with no money, no job, no family in the area, no help.

I live in Canada. Here they provided enough to pay rent, food and utilities if a single mother decides to go back to school. They also helped pay for tuition (to a point) and provided money to pay a sitter while I was at school.

I got a good job after graduating college. Now, in one year, I pay more in taxes than the total of welfare $$ I received back then. Both my son and I are doing great and thank God, I have managed to keep things together.

I needed society to give me a break. I needed society to just give me a chance. I am so grateful I live in a country that provided that. I can't imagine where I'd be today if I was stuck where I was.

Please lay off the bad comments about single mothers. Just hope you are never put in such a vulnerable place.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

I'm glad things worked out for you. I was a single father, my wife went nuts just like your husband did. I raised my 2 daughters myself. 1000 miles from any kin. It was hard but it was also a joy most times. I was lucky in one respect. I had a good job. Anyone that thinks single parenting is a piece of cake is completely clueless. It is basically giving up your life for them. No social life at all. Get home from work, feed the kids, help with homework. Play a bit. Take a walk, then bath time and story time. Bed at 8:30. Then time to wash clothes/dish's etc. No, it is not easy at all. Generalizing is pretty common on ATS, I doubt the post you refer to is aimed at every single parent. There are actually single parents that do abuse the system. I would not say most do. Anyway. Here's wishing you and yours a happy,healthy life!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by beezzer

I don't see any difference between the community getting together to help those in need, and the Government using tax money to help those less fortunate. The end result is the exact same thing.

The difference is the community doesn't usually expect you to then be beholden to them in any way. A community does it for beneficence, a government does it for power.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you're suggesting that people band together to make sure everybody has what they need. Once this "community" effort became more organized, it would resemble the social service portion of the government. So you've come up with what we already have but left out the word government.

The government has been vilified to such a degree that you have all forgot that people are the government. And we already try to make sure everyone in society is provided for.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Instead, you have to rip up the clothes before throwing them away to make it impossible for dumpster divers to take. Completely moronic!!!

And so true. I dove in dumpsters for a number of years. I saw this policy first hand on numerous occasions. It drove me nuts. The worst was securityguards that would come out and ask you to leave or call the police.

Guarding landfill.

I understand when companies have proprietary technology, they usually lock their dumpsters or gate their property. Companies have competition and spy on each other. Then theres fear of lawsuits. If somebody was to sue because they got injured on the property...

Whatever.

I salute you for taking the risk that you did. Its a fine line to travel. The people that actually need those clothes aren't going to do anything but wear them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

That will take care of it.

For one night, yah.

you are kidding of course.

I'm not.

drop off pallets and cardboard.. How about some hammers to break those things apart.

Guaranteed theres a rock or brick nearby. And you boot?

Maybe some tape to put the cardboard together.

Tape cardboard? LOL, Its for sleeping on not in. Besides it won't work, it gets wet.

throw in a shovel so they can dig for some roots to eat.

Thats the best one so far. "Homeless" people digging up roots to eat?

All sorts of possibilities. You'll sleep better knowing you've done your part, and kept nasty government from handing out things like food. I don't think you truly appreciate things like scale. size and scope of problem. You post has all the appearance of sarcasm but sadly I don't this it is.

Sarcasm aside, these encampments are self sustaining. People there are resourceful and they help each other. Some things they don't need so much, others might require a little help. Pallets are throwaway, easily broken down and heavy. Same with cardboard. It litters the docks behind larger companies and sometimes its for the asking. Getting it near the people who need it is the only thing required.

No big or lasting solution, just a little bit of practical help for those in need. The government is not going to "hand out food"... or firewood. If you understood their plight you would understand how much a little bit helps. Nights are cold, sometimes wet and always dark.

Try it some time. Go out back in your yard and sleep on your lawn with nothing to lay on except a blanket or sleeping bag. No fire, no light and no ground cover. Tell me how that works for you in the morning.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by beezzer

So you're suggesting that people band together to make sure everybody has what they need. Once this "community" effort became more organized, it would resemble the social service portion of the government. So you've come up with what we already have but left out the word government.

The government has been vilified to such a degree that you have all forgot that people are the government. And we already try to make sure everyone in society is provided for.

I had someone earlier extrapolate that the movement would become a greedy corporation.

That fell flat.

Now you are trying to bridge what some of us are tryingto do with the government.

All we are trying to do is free the people who want to be freed FROM government.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

One word, Idealistic.

Hey look here, I have few suggestions of my own. I suggest that you all donate 15% of your income so that people don't have to starve to death. I suggest you refuse to work until congress and the president pass legislation to fund elections entirely with tax dollars, and make it illegal to collude with special interests, and also ban lobbying while they're at it.

I also suggest that we the people of the world demand that the natural resources of this world be taken away from private interests and instead be given to the people, to manage its distribution in a fair way and FREE way.

See, I can suggest things that will never happen too!

Out of all the people on this website who have grand notions of idealistic actions that everyone should take, you Beezer are the last person I would have expected.

Don't you know that idealism is reserved for those on the left? We are the dreamers, remember?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5
reply to post by beezzer

One word, Idealistic.

Hey look here, I have few suggestions of my own. I suggest that you all donate 15% of your income so that people don't have to starve to death. I suggest you refuse to work until congress and the president pass legislation to fund elections entirely with tax dollars, and make it illegal to collude with special interests, and also ban lobbying while they're at it.

I also suggest that we the people of the world demand that the natural resources of this world be taken away from private interests and instead be given to the people, to manage its distribution in a fair way and FREE way.

See, I can suggest things that will never happen too!

Out of all the people on this website who have grand notions of idealistic actions that everyone should take, you Beezer are the last person I would have expected.

Don't you know that idealism is reserved for those on the left? We are the dreamers, remember?

Then it's a good thing I don't go to leftists for advice!

Embrace your government.

I'll stick to grassroots, simple folks helping other people.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by beezzer

I had someone earlier extrapolate that the movement would become a greedy corporation.

That fell flat.

Now you are trying to bridge what some of us are tryingto do with the government.

All we are trying to do is free the people who want to be freed FROM government.

The government is not an enemy. It is the people, and the majority have spoken. A great portion of the right assumes that they're losing because of the so called Santa Clause theory. It's totally bogus! Sure, there are some people who take advantage and indeed are dependant on government, but just like the right was wrong about the polls, you are wrong about this too!

The major majority of the left do not want handouts. My wife works full time and goes to school full time. I work part time and go to school full time. We work our asses off and we want Obamacare, we want safety nets, we want social programs, and someday when we're making more than 250K we'll want to give MORE. We want people to have a fair chance at college.

Sure some rich kid can borrow money from daddy to attend college. What about that inner city kid with one parent working two jobs and barely paying the bills? They have no rich daddy. This is where we level the playing field so that kid can have a fair chance too! He gets subsideized federal loans, and the annual college credit. This is not a handout. This is a helping hand for someone who wants to work hard and merely needs someone to give him that oppurtunity!

Your party needs to consider some tough questions. They need to stop pointing the finger, trying to make themselves feel better. This is called confirmation bias. You should all be having a conversation asking yourselves what went wrong, not reitering that its someone else's fault.

What do you think minorties think to themselves when they hear you calling them lazy people who want a handout? Trust me, you wont win them over with this. They just want some help getting started. You clearly have not spent enough time with low income families if you think there sitting around watching TV, waiting for a check in the mail.

You have a chance to show America that you're not the hateful party people like Rush make you out to be.

All eyes are on the house. They'll determine the future of the republican party.

You can respond if you want but I wont be replying, this lazy ass liberal, has to shut off the Obamaphone, put down the food stamp pizza, and study the urinary and digestive system on my government provided laptop provided by a government grant for college.

edit on 11-11-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join