It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer Principle/Party

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

Some people are already trying to fix these problems, they are called Libertarians. You voted against them and fought them tooth and nail with your support of Romney or "Obama Lite" but hopefully now you will see the light.

The party is the Liberty Party get on bored or get out the waaay. We will be supporting Gary Johnson next election. I suggest doing sincere reading into him as a candidate. You can't believe you want to get out of this economic slavery and police/nanny state and support people like Romney. It just doesn't work.

I've already done my Mea Culpas and have thrown my lot in with the Libertarian Party. But I don't want to wait until a few months prior to the election to start doing something.

T'is why I'm voicing this NOW!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well that's good.
You still get a year of getting ripped on by me for throwing your support in a year too late.

But better late than never.

It is inevitable that the Libertarian Party rises up though. Every election for the last 12 years has seen more people like you jumping in to throw your support behind with plenty of time to spare. I think libertarian support is doubling every election now.

Welcome aboard.
edit on 12-11-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer,

Let me start off by saying that I shouldn't have tried to discourage you from doing this. This world has enough naysayers already, I don't need to add my voice to their chorus. I think helping people to be independent is a great thing. Teach a man to fish! As a future nurse, my entire life focus is on helping others to be more independent. I get it. If you can release these people from the bondage of welfare, my hat is off to you.

However, the language coming from members of the right accusing they lost this election because half the country consists of people who are dependent on government and voted as such is totally bogus (to the degree they're claiming). The evidence is in the numbers. Only 4.1% of the population is on welfare. Assuming that ALL of them voted for Obama leaves us with roughly 47% who voted for Obama and are not on welfare. Reference

Sure that would have been enough for them to win, at the very least the popular vote, but not in a normal election year with a good economy.

I believe it's social issues which are turning off voters. I believe that the Republican party and Tea Party scare the # out of most people. And now the republicans are really in a bind because the Tea Party members of the House are going to drag the whole party through the mud. I hope I'm wrong but I don't expect the House to compromise on anything and they'll be subsequently voted out of power in 2014. In fact many are claiming they would be out of power now had republican state lawmakers not manipulated the game with redistricting.

Conservatives do have a powerful message of personal responsibility and limited government (which I somewhat don't agree with, but that's a different conversation). There are plenty of people who can latch on to this message. Many people are fiscally conservative. Unfortunately for conservatives, that's not the message they're selling. They focus on issues like Abortion, Religion, deportation, Marriage, and a whole host of morality issues.

If conservative parties want to survive the next 4 years, they need to sell their fiscally conservative values and replace their socially conservative values with something more moderate.

edit on 12-11-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I've already done my Mea Culpas and have thrown my lot in with the Libertarian Party. But I don't want to wait until a few months prior to the election to start doing something.

You are more than welcome to join us Libertarians but we have a code of conduct toward each other and our opponents.

So you need to quit the snarky comments.
Stop whining.
Stop pointing fingers at the opposition and making lame excuses!!
Stop your pointless negativity.
Deny Ignorance
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!!!!

It's simple but it's not easy for someone coming from the Republican side.
I did it so can you.

edit on 12-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

You are more than welcome to join us Libertarians but we have a code of conduct toward each other and our opponents.

Stop whining.
Deny Ignorance

I did it so can you.

But I haven't been a republican since 06.

So what are you going to do for the poor?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Stop whining.
Deny Ignorance

I did it so can you.

But I haven't been a republican since 06.

So what are you going to do for the poor?

Since you asked....

Long before 06, I worked in my churches outreach program, food drives for the poor, clothes blankets for disasters, I tithe to an organization that helps crippled children, I give money to bums, no questions asked.
I buy and repair old guitars and give them to youth camps and organization like the YMCA, free workshops for people that want to get into acting and films, and other stuff mainly affiliated with charitable organizations.
I made a documentary about the problem of rape in the military. I make PSA films for the cops and FD on how to be safe around Christmas time, No charge and I still pay my crews.

I have been blessed with good for fortune and I feel it's only right to "pay it forward" with no expectations of stars and flags or any recognition what so ever.

I'm not just about helping the poor; I'm about helping my community!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Not sure if Bezzer meant you personally or the Libertarian viewpoint in general. So I'll re-phrase the question because I'm interested.

What is the official Libertarian plan for the poor?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by olaru12

Not sure if Bezzer meant you personally or the Libertarian viewpoint in general. So I'll re-phrase the question because I'm interested.

What is the official Libertarian plan for the poor?

Here is an unofficial stance on that question.
www.lp.org...

Of course I can't speak for all libertarians as I'm only a recent convert as well but the gut feeling is besides following the golden rule; that we as men of honor strive to make our communities comfortable, safe and livable as we can. I always tried to do this even when I was a Republican but the strident religious content currently in the GOP drove me away.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

We should eliminate the entire social welfare system. This includes eliminating food stamps, subsidized housing, and all the rest. Individuals who are unable to fully support themselves and their families through the job market must, once again, learn to rely on supportive family, church, community, or private charity to bridge the gap.

To help facilitate this transfer of responsibility from government welfare to private charity, the federal government should offer a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for contributions to private charities that provide social-welfare services. That is to say, if an individual gives a dollar to charity, he should be able to reduce his tax liability by a dollar.

Highlights of the Libertarian Party's "Ending the Welfare State" Proposal

That's what I was afraid of.

I like some of the Libertarian principles. It's when we get down to the nuts and bolts of it that it fails.

Let's look at one of the biggest charities. The sort of organization that the Libertarians will encourage.

The multimillion-dollar company behind all those pink “breast cancer awareness” ribbons -- the Susan G. Komen Foundation – uses less than a dime of each dollar to actually look for a breast cancer cure, as promised

I Will Not Be Pinkwashed: Komen's Race is for Money, Not the Cure

The Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity defines its mission as finding a cure for breast cancer. In recent years, however, it has cut by nearly half the proportion of fund-raising dollars it spends on grants to scientists working to understand the causes and develop effective new treatments for the disease.

Insight: Komen charity under microscope for funding, science

Doesn't bode well does it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

I agree completely, Beeezer. You mentioned that on my thread about redefining the Republican party and it is the idea that I am most excited about.

In my opinion, this is something that needs to happen.
edit on 10-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

But I don't want to redefine the republican party. I want to create a viable 3rd party.

Yeah, that is probably a better idea. My thread sunk when people started stating that they wouldn't change their views.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

I agree completely, Beeezer. You mentioned that on my thread about redefining the Republican party and it is the idea that I am most excited about.

In my opinion, this is something that needs to happen.
edit on 10-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

But I don't want to redefine the republican party. I want to create a viable 3rd party.

Yeah, that is probably a better idea. My thread sunk when people started stating that they wouldn't change their views. Hopefully enough people feel the same way about creating a third party that we actually get one.
edit on 13-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I have to say, I agree.
1) charities are the first hit in times of economic distress - people stop giving, even with a tax credit - if there is a recession and people are making less, there will be less money donated to charities AND less ability for people to make a livable wage and meet their personal responsibilities, nutrition needs, housing needs, etc. I know this from direct experience as I work for a church community that gives generous amounts of money to charities, and whose ability to give was severely curtailed, as were salaries, during the Great Recession. We are just now beginning to recover, but we ain't there yet...
2) the complexity and problems of, say, developmental disabilities in children and adults, who can sometimes have violent or self-injurious behaviors, not to mention require full-tilt 24/7/365 caregiving, are not able to be dealt with in terms of family-only, nor do non-profits generate enough income to provide proper supports AND the capitalist insurance companies find LOTS of ways to not pay for things like....developmental disabilities...which is one of the reasons why Medicaid exists - we don't want our disabled family members dying in the streets when we are no longer around to care for them - I'm not exaggerating!
3) the environment is currently being more and more effected by the toxins we allow to flow into our waters, that we put into the earth, etc. This level of toxicity is a huge collective mistake, wrought by bottom-line, short term thinking corporations bent on making money for shareholders, and lack of regulatory foresight/will. We are beginning to feel the effects and we will have more sick children, children born with defects, with asthma, with extreme food allergies and allergies in general - even the trend in obesity is being investigated as a potential side-effect of toxic exposure - so where does an emphasis on charity and family get us with problems as collective and huge as this?

I guess it is one of those things that sounds good as a manifesto, but the real-life workability of it would simply lead to a repetition of history, imo. We have social services and safety nets because of the horrible circumstances people found themselves in during the Great Depression, when the high-rollers burst that bubble and took down a nation in the process. I personally think we are on the tip of a new "horrible circumstance" regarding our environment, and dismantling the federal government isn't going to get us all to the other side of that. Personal Responsibility is an awesome thing - and not to be discounted, but there are limits to one's ability to boot-strap-pull through life.

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join