It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA refuses to comment about objects around the Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hello again ATS! I don't post very much, mostly because I'm shy.. The last thread I started was on a similar topic as this one. And I know that I'm not the only person posting about this particular subject. So I do appologize for starting yet another thread about the strange objects in and around our star, but I really do belive that this needs to be brought out into the light. Not just here on ATS, but everywhere. I feel that this is a story that needs to be addressed by the MSM...

Something seriously weird is going on with our sun. I have personally found over 100 objects in pictures coming from the Solar Dynamics Observatory in the past 3 months. Almost every day there is some kind of small white blob jetting out from the corona, or some strange black thing that appears to be in orbit.

Of course prespective is a little off, so it's hard to say if the white blobs are comming out of the sun, as it is equally difficult to say the dark blobs are orbiting... However, if such is the case, the I figure the white blobs are about the size of a small moon, and the dark blobs would be about the size of Earth. I come to these size estimates by assuming that the objects are in fact very close to the sun...

Here are three pictures I've saved from NASA's sun viewer app. One I grabbed back in July, the other two came in yesterday and the day before. (Thursday, November 08/2012 and Wednesday, November 07/2012)

The two newest ones are taken from EUVI 195 stereo and the dark blob seems to be the same dark blob, just in a different position. However, in the Nov. 08 pic, it looks like the thing is breaking apart or seperating...

Here are the pictures...

Now I've emailed Dean Pensell, project scientist SDO and not to my suprise, I've gotten no reponse. I've sent out emails to everyone on the SDO team... nothing. NASA has even been pulling the pictures off their site! (That or I just can't find the link anymore... so don't quote me, this is unconfirmed. They used to have a database of all the pics from SDO, and I can't find it anymore...)

I just want to know what these things are. If they're satellites, why doesn't NASA just reply to my email and say, "Hey Robb, those are just satellites!" If NASA doesn't know what they are they should tell me they don't know. The people at NASA MUST be seeing these things too, right??

Personally, I'm getting fed up with trying to get answers, so I ask all of you here on ATS to start jumping down NASA's throat on this.

I'd post the email addresses of the team working on SDO, but I'm not sure if that is a breach of privacy or not. Instead, I suggest you go to the SDO website and track down the email addresses on your own. Unless someone here (specificly a moderator) tells me it's ok to post the addresses.

SDO website - www.nasa.gov...

I demand an answer, and NASA isn't giving it up. Maybe if we all get on NASA's case, they might tell us the truth.....

for once....

Thanx for your time,

Robb
edit on 8-11-2012 by PollyPeptide because: Correcting dates...

edit on 8-11-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Second pic looks a lot like a planet but it appears so close.. idk.
Wait for the people to come in here and call lens flares, solar strikes and dirt on the lens, even though the dirt is only there sometimes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I demand an answer, and NASA isn't giving it up.

They are Cosmic ray strikes on the camera ccd .
I don't work for NASA .

Spheres seen near Sun. Colin Andrews asked NASA "What are they

edit on 8-11-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am not sure about the first two images, but the third image was debated some time back. A fellow member ( Phage ) pointed out that the artifact in the third image was a technical issue.

Trying to find thread now.

NASA probably ignouring your emails because I am sure they get thousands from people with "unique" questions.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Not replying to your emails is not quite the same as officially refusing to comment on a subject.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
how were you able to make the distinction that these are actual object and not just issues with the imaging/recording?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Fair enough... It would appear my call for the truth was a bit pre-mature... hehe...

I just recieved a response from NASA! It only took them 30 hours to get back to me... must be busy... I asked them if the Sun can produce and eject balls of matter in regards to the white things, and if it might be a sattelite making the dark spots...

Here is the email I just recieved...

Dear Mr. Kerr,

Yes, the Sun does shoot out balls of plasma. The objects are prominences or filaments erupting from the Sun.

They are a normal part of solar activity. We have photographs of them from the ground for almost 100 years.

The dark squares in STEREO images are telemetry dropouts.

Sincerely,

Dean Pesnell

Sent from my iPhone

Now I feel crushed....

Oh well, it's better to know...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Haha, but atleast you got a little more info.

Cool that they took the time to email you back.

link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I am certain the white blobs are definetly coming out of the corona since they alway's have a wake of plasma behind them. The dark spots... well, I just assume. Dean Pensell responded to my email saying they're telemetry drop outs...
edit on 8-11-2012 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

link   
We have just recently put those satellites into space. It will take a time to understand the strange things coming off the sun, maybe in five more years or so they will have an understanding of these. To comment on them now wouldn't be right for NASA, they don't yet know if they are natural or not. Maybe in the next Solar Max they may have something to compare them to. They could have always been there during a solar max but we couldn't see them. They appear to be plasma blasts out into space to me. Some of the things are camera anomalies, that is what they are saying anyway and it sounds logical. Don't expect to get all the answers that you want from science, how can they answer if they don't really know. When they find out they will probably release the information but that may not be for eleven more years.

link   

At least you came back with the reply and posted it here , ill give you a star for that

edit on 8-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

yeah, in some ways it made my day...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What will he tell you when you ask him about the Black Knight Satellite photos NASA has on their website??

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Hi,

I would like to applause you for your action. If only more people would come to this simple conclusion to ask the right person when in doubt. After all they are somewhat obligated to answer to the public given that they are funded by the public.

On the other hand, probably the guy has been checking ATS again, responded as soon as he saw your post

Regards,
Ojeus

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If I was NASA, I'd get sick of answering these questions too. How many times do they need to keep on repeating the same thing over and over again when the people who are constantly asking refuse to believe the answer anyway.

Good on you NASA.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Kind of funny they reply your mail 15 minutes after you posted this on ATS...

Edit: as Ojeus4Unless also just pointed out, I see.
edit on 8/11/12 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Kudos for actually stepping up and emailing people that know, and posting their answer. More people should be willing to step up and take action instead of just sitting back and talking.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I asked, I got an answer, I accept the answer....

I don't see what the problem is... If I was NASA I'd answer all the questions I got, just to keep paranoia down...

I might have jumped on the topic a bit aggressivly, for that I appologize..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You still need to consider the number of frames for each object, if there is only one it is likely a transient event.
There are far 'worse' looking 'objects' that appear on that viewer. I'm surpised though that the e-mail didn't contain that rule of thumb.
edit on 8-11-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It may be the sun is going through a natural change in its life before our very eyes you should read this paper I dont know how true it is but may be an interesting read for you in your quest for answers. its a pdf,

Keep digging but you might not like what you find.

edit on 8-11-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join