It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I hope the GOP implode. I cannot talk about them without wanting to spew curse words. The arrogance alone is enough to set me off.

People talking on this thread about independent party candidates, traditionally an independent candidate tends to help one of the main stream parties by syphoning off votes. Also forget any kind of co-operation with either the House or the Senate. Yes I know there is no co-operation now. At present an independent candidate is a pie in the sky idea.

The whole system is corrupt and fouled. imho I unfortunately have no better ideas. Our founding fathers had the right idea, but greed and lobbiest/special interests have taken over and no one elected is "of the people or for the people".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Bilder

I tend to agree.

The Tea Party was also a voice, that the GOP didn't want to listen to. I believe they thought the Tea Party was a threat to their existence also.

Ironic that the GOP created the tea party to beat Obama. GOP is seriously f'd up.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There are good as well as bad politicians that exist within all political parties.

Unfortunately, there were many bad politicians that had led the current GOP than of the glories of Republican past.

Their mistake was monumental - they thought the economy card alone was good enough to win the election.

Many claimed that the GOP were more into conservatism, appealing to old white men during the election race. Not true, for the whole campaign mounted was based upon the economy. GOP 'bean-counting' masterminds, the same clowns who had screwed up the economy before 2008, did not care about those factors except to show up the failure of the President's supposed failed economy.

Thus, Puppet Romney and Ryan - supposed economic gurus, were pushed to the frontlines. From day 1 after 2008 election, the GOP focused heavily upon the economy, even sacrificing all citizens through their non-cooperation for years over budget issues, presuming that by destroying the economy, they will destroy the democrats hope for re-election, by blaming the Democrats for the economic failure.

Just too bad the GOP masterminds were living in delusions and had MISREAD the public's awareness and intelligence.

The economy was not as bad as they played it out to be. Worse, they exposed themselves to Democrat flankings upon social issues that destroyed support of GOP conservatism stance, making the GOP looked extremely extremists WITHOUT even trying to, which the GOP clowns scored their own goals through a few loose canons and loonies within the ranks.

They cannot hide their own hideous blockings in congress, in this age of mass media attention.

They presumed that the supposed 'lacklustre' of the economy will be strong enough to destroy the democrats, thus they didn't bother with social issues, or getting the best GOP candidate for the job, such as progressive John Huntsman, but instead, chosed a corporate animal - Romney - was used, and failed absolutely, destroying the GOP themselves in the process.

Presidential Elections are more than just 'bean-counting' exercises. It is the selection of the leader, an INCLUSIVE inspiring all rounder, to lead an entire diversified People but only sharing common goals in life. Bean counters never did learn anything.

Heads do need to roll in the GOP. Romney and Ryan are decent men, along with many other decent humans such as Governor Christie within the GOP.

Conservatism is good, for it upholds traditions. However change is the only constant in life. We are no longer living in the 17th century, but now in the 21st, with a growing population of free humans sharing america, with advances in science and tech, and needs to be met by all to evolve.

We all CAN still be conservatives - simply by progressing but without losing the ESSENCE of our taught and shared values. Adaptation is not compromise. We need not compromise values when we progress. We only need to adapt to changes, realities and not live in denial or delusions, and retain the essence of values by educating the next generation on truths, not misinterpretations.

Time to eject the loonies and the deluded, let them form their own party and go the way of the Whig party - disappearing from the pages of modern american history and evolution., if the Republican Party hopes to survive.
edit on 8-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

reply to post by Bilder

I tend to agree.

The Tea Party was also a voice, that the GOP didn't want to listen to. I believe they thought the Tea Party was a threat to their existence also.

Ironic that the GOP created the tea party to beat Obama. GOP is seriously f'd up.

Not exactly. The Tea party began in outrage of the Bailouts of the banks and TARP. People were highly pissed that their tax dollars were going to the institutions that preyed on them for decades. The problem was, that the shadow walkers saw the rising success of the Tea party movement and hijacked it.
edit on 11/8/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wait, Herman Cain is calling for a more "conservative" party?

Isn't being TO conservative what lost the them the election? Being out of touch with moderates?

Oh boy, these folks really do live on *ahem* mountain!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

And that is another thing that sticks in my craw.

Lobbyists.

I do understand their purpose, but it has gotten way out of hand.

I agree.

1) Ban lobbyists from contributing to political campaigns and to politicians themselves.
2) Cap the amounts campaigns can raise/spend.
3) Ban superpacs.

Just to name a few proposals. Anyone care to add to the list?
edit on 8-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Silver linings everywhere... if we're willing to mine them. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember... an attitude of "Welcome!" always works better than "I told you so!" when someone comes to you realizing they've been hoodwinked and are interested in expanding their awareness/understanding.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What did they expect choosing a RINO for the GOP nomination...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

TTP IS a threat to their existence…..isn’t that the topic of the OP? They were right.

I agree with the call for conservatives to break from the GOP. Any conservative who remains in the GOP after 2 complete failures with moderate candidates is an absolute moron. Republican turnout was lower this year than for McCain in 08’ because of the weak GOP candidate and the weak message. I’m done supporting moderates and I’m not alone.

The GOP is dead to me!

S&F Sonnny!

edit on 8-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilder

I tend to agree.

The GOP didn't create the Tea Party!

The GOP highjacked the Tea Party!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
I usually don't get into politics. But Ron Paul was the guy who had the most common sense and courage to help this country move forward. Believe it or not, many people of color were ready to vote for him. The crap about people thinking he was a racist was blown out of proportion by your own party. When Ron spoke it made sense. Unfortunately I think many people would hold his age against him. So he would probably do better with a cabinet position. ( Hey Obama you listening?) On the other hand, I never hear republicans speak of Christie as a viable option. To an outsider like me he seems like he could get the job done. He's open minded, smart, down to earth and has strong convictions whether they align with his party or not. Is there a reason the party does not push him to the forefront?

Christie will be purged and if he wants any political future outside of New Jersey should learn how to be Libertarian. He might have a chance that way he could conceivably even make it as a Democrat. There is just something I see in him since the hurricane. Ron Paul has good ideas, and isn't all that bad his major flaw is and always will be an inability to compromise and unfortunately that is what government is compromise. Face it even the Founding Fathers knew and understood that the Constitution was not perfect and would have to occasionally have to be altered as time went on. Ron Paul refuses to even accept that truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Isn't being TO conservative what lost the them the election? Being out of touch with moderates?

You obviously have no idea why the GOP lost.

The turnout was lower for Romney than for McCain!! The GOP is MODERATE and they keep force feeding wimpy moderate candidates down our throat. Our base wasn’t energized! Over 3 million registered Republicans did not vote! We need a conservative party. As far as I’m concerned, guys like McCain and Romney can move over to the democrat party once the GOP implodes because they surely won’t fit in to a new conservative party.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

reply to post by Bilder

I tend to agree.

Not exactly. The Tea party began in outrage of the Bailouts of the banks and TARP. People were highly pissed that their tax dollars were going to the institutions that preyed on them for decades. The problem was, that the shadow walkers saw the rising success of the Tea party movement and hijacked it.
edit on 11/8/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

Sorry to say,

The Tea Party is what you would call a re-branding effort in corporate America-

the GOP was in a bad way after the crash. the TEA PARTY was a way to shed the old skin
in order to wear down Obama's number and ultimately regain political potency.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
hide your girlfriends titties, herman cain in da house.

bill clinton should be allowed to run again and take herman cain as his running mate.

joe biden should be secretary of defence. snoop dog the director of homeland security.

and the white house should turn into a club after 10:00 pm.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I keep seeing all of this being mentioned, and I think we could tell that there were major divides in the Republican party from the farcical RNC where plenty walked out in disgust.

The Republican party is out of touch with the American people. More and more younger people are now voting, and this is showing a true representation of the public that was not there before. The Republican party is dead in the water unless it becomes more moderate.

People will accept a party that drops the religious BS, stops trying to tell people how to live their lives, ends the homophobia and sexism... but the Tea Party extremists within will not want that to happen.

As a result, we'll now see the Republican party split into two. Next election there will be three, the Democrats, the Republican party with a focus on fiscal conservatism and no religious BS, and then the Tea Party radicals thumping their bibles and preaching to the world - and being completely slaughtered in the election too.

It's great news for all sensible people. This means that America is finally moving forward and the majority of sane citizens are distancing themselves from their embarrassing religious factions.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You obviously have no idea why the GOP lost.

The turnout was lower for Romney than for McCain!! The GOP is MODERATE and they keep force feeding wimpy moderate candidates down our throat. Our base wasn’t energized! Over 3 million registered Republicans did not vote! We need a conservative party. As far as I’m concerned, guys like McCain and Romney can move over to the democrat party once the GOP implodes because they surely won’t fit in to a new conservative party.

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

You guys will be the party of 5 million redneck geniuses and 250 business elite

edit on 8-11-2012 by romney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by romney

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

You guys will be the party of 5 million redneck geniuses and 250 business elite

YA RIGHT!!

Who should the GOP run in 2016 that’s more moderate than Romney or McCain; Hillary??

I bet you’d like that!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by sonnny1

TTP IS a threat to their existence…..isn’t that the topic of the OP? They were right.

I agree with the call for conservatives to break from the GOP. Any conservative who remains in the GOP after 2 complete failures with moderate candidates is an absolute moron. Republican turnout was lower this year than for McCain in 08’ because of the weak GOP candidate and the weak message. I’m done supporting moderates and I’m not alone.

The GOP is dead to me!

S&F Sonnny!

i couldn't agree with you more...i think the true conservatives should start up a new party and stick to your principles. it's time now to walk the walk, talk the talk ended on 11-6-12

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Much talk, getting caught up.

3rd party?

Hell yeah!

Will expand in a bit.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I believe this actually.

Cause...... The Tea Parties I went to had Independents, Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Etc.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join