It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Now this is actually funny.

Seems like the finger pointing for Romney's loss, has brought the GOP into its own civil war.

It’s been less than 24 hours since the polls closed and already the first shots in an emerging civil war within the conservative movement are being fired. Right-leaning pundits have been taking turns beating up on Mitt Romney and blaming him for the loss last night. Donald Trump just tweeted, “Congrats to @KarlRove on blowing $400 million this cycle. Every race @CrossroadsGPS ran ads in, the Republicans lost. What a waste of money.” And GOP leaders are already taking to the barricades on either side of the divide, which basically comes down to this question: Were Romney and the GOP too conservative or not conservative enough?

Appearing on Bryan Fischer’s radio program this afternoon, Cain called for a large faction of Republican Party leaders to desert the party and form a third, more conservative party.

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party

Personally? Romney NEVER should have been the Face, to go against Obama.

We already have a third Party.

Its called the Libertarian Party.

Maybe Cain should Join. Maybe the GOP should have put their Money and effort into the likes of Ron Paul, or Gary Johnson?

Thoughts?

(Mods, did a search, and found nothing on this. Please delete if its been brought up, Thank You.)

edit on 7-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The GOP did this to themselves,they lied cheated and stole to keep Ron Paul from being the candidate and now they are getting thier blowback

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I tend to agree.

The Tea Party was also a voice, that the GOP didn't want to listen to. I believe they thought the Tea Party was a threat to their existence also.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm loving this. It makes up for all the gloating Obama-lovers I was coming across last night and today.

Let the GOP burn. Not that I'm a fan of the Dem party, but if the GOP is the first to fall, so be it. Let's jumble things up any way we can

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I couldn't agree with you more. I left the Republican Party years ago, after the "No new Taxes" gaffe, but have stayed true to my conservative roots.

That said, I have since voted across the board based upon performance to my community and country. I actually believe that we need a third, fourth and fifth party.

Or on the opposite side...maybe do away with the party system completely.

However, If someone has a (L) after their name, but are a scumbag, they won't get my vote. I'll always vote performance over talking points every time.

Can ya tell I'm tired? I seem to be babbling.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

www.lewrockwell.com...

The Ron Paul movement is a big winner here. The GOP told the libertarians in the party to get lost, and the GOP paid for it. Interestingly, both Iowa and Nevada, where Ron Paul supporters gained control of the state party, both went to Obama after the Romney campaign actively fought to disenfranchise Ron Paul supporters. I guess the GOP got what it wanted there.

Long time friend of Rons ,Lew Rockwell has an interesting article on his site, link above

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I saw this one coming for a while now I think a fair few people have.

This will get ugly and I doubt if the party does split that it will simply go left and right but even if it does split into two parties it will most probably be years if not decades before there is a serious chalange to the dems

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Right on TDawg.

I look at it this way. The GOP , and Romney especially were so off base, so disconnected from the average American, that they lost this Race, from the beginning. Hell, Obama did all his work, in the last week of this Presidential campaign. America has a viable Third Party already. People need to wake up, and vote for who and what is right. Not because they have a R or a D, next to their names..........

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Thanks for the Link Bilder.

Will be reading this.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No worries m8 ,I jumped on the Ron Paul bangwagon back in 08 whan i caught the first debate and anyone who didnt see this coming after the way his supporters were treated have thier eyes painted on

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Or on the opposite side...maybe do away with the party system completely.

However, If someone has a (L) after their name, but are a scumbag, they won't get my vote. I'll always vote performance over talking points every time.

I'm starting to lean towards this idea......do away with the party system.

Any more all the "parties" do is divide our country and in a bad way.

I say vote for performance as you stated and try to unite instead of voting for a particular party, right/left, which will always keep us divided.

It doesn't matter who one votes for, all candidates pretend to have our best interest at heart.....
When in reality, the only interest is TPTB and the lobbyist.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's not Romneys fault IMO.

It's actually George "dubya" Bush who ruined the republican brand.

Put Romney and Bush in a debate and Romney would eat him alive 10 times over.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The GOP can't keep alienating women, minorities, moderates and the youth and expect to be a viable party with just their core group of older white Americans
The demographic changed and they thought the conservative message would lure voters and they were wrong. the Rush Limbaugh arrogance turned off many more people than bought into his junky rants. Rush is the republican leader and spokesman and bares much responsibility for their loss.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The GOP can't keep alienating women, minorities, moderates and the youth and expect to be a viable party with just their core group of older white Americans

You make a great point here. I think the GOP brand, is tainted unfortunately.

edit on 8-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
It's not Romneys fault IMO.

It's actually George "dubya" Bush who ruined the republican brand.

Put Romney and Bush in a debate and Romney would eat him alive 10 times over.

Only because Romney can pick and choose what his beliefs will be for the crowd that he is speaking in front of. That's a huge advantage in a debate. But it makes for a terrible candidate when trying to rally people for a cause because nobody really knows what the cause is. I think they both were terrible choices for President, and both skilled liars. I agree though, that the memory of Bush made people vote against Romney. The GOP shot themselves in the leg, even Plaxico Burress would be like, 'wow, not smart.'
edit on 8-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

The gop has been so harmed by so many not just bush and romney, romney was simply the straw that broke the cammels back.

A man like romney should never have been a serious contender the fact the party has sunk so low clearly shows how mired in its own failings it has become.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
It doesn't matter who one votes for, all candidates pretend to have our best interest at heart.....
When in reality, the only interest is TPTB and the lobbyist.

And that is another thing that sticks in my craw.

Lobbyists.

I do understand their purpose, but it has gotten way out of hand.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The National Review is wringing their hands over Romney's defeat, and offers up a plethora of articles explaining why this happened. Yet none of these articles dare mention the GOP leadership's railroading of Ron Paul out of the nomination, despite his wide grassroots support, and the shoving of a manufactured candidate down our throats who had so little grassroots support they had to fake the photos of his rallies to enlarge the crowds. This is a repeat of 2008, in which Ron Paul, again with a clear advantage on grass roots support, was edged out of the race so that John McCain and Caribou Barbie could walk to the nomination. Twice in a row is no accident, and for many Republican voters, it was a slap in the face. As a result, many Republican voters simply stayed home yesterday out of sheer disgust.

I would hope that the GOP leadership would learn a lesson from this debacle, both about the perils of ignoring ones own voters, and the poor chances of success of photoshopped rally pictures in the age of the internet. But from this array of articles it appears that the GOP leadership is unwilling and unable to objectively analyze how they alienated their own support base. Which means the GOP is doomed and the US will soon be a one-party system just like the former USSR and Nazi Germany.

You did it to yourselves, GOP, and we have no sympathy for you at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
You did it to yourselves, GOP, and we have no sympathy for you at all.

bout says it all really.

I don't think well become a one party democracy though, there to many who dislike the dems for that to happen. once the rubble clears we'll slowly see people settle on a new party of some kind or other.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
sounds like this new 3rd party will have all the funding it needs to stand a chance, which be run by the same people the GOP now is run by, all at the same time, destroying the libery movements/libertarians chances of picking up steam

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join