It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

Point is that WalMart CAN afford to pay there employees more and keep them out of poverty level and off of welfare.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
1) most importantly. The do have Bill Maurry on board for the new Ghostbusters. I don't know if you played the video game from 2009, but it was amazing, written by the original writers (Ramis and Akroyd), was written as a 3rd movie since there were no plans for one then, featured the full original cast (you play the new recruit), it was great and under-rated.

One of the few games I ever played all the way through to the end several times (had to get all the 'awards' on steam and xbox
). Excellent game.

Originally posted by Larry L
Because regardless of how well they have their base brainwashed to think otherwise, dems are all about big business, wall street and the banks just like the right. The dems just like to keep it secret while lining their personal pockets, while the right is open about being for big business and want that capitalism to trickle down and create jobs to get people off governement assistance.

Again, red or blue, we still have the best government that money can buy...
That's why I don't pick sides, because neither are innocent in my opinion. My only thing is that its not all the presidents fault. He has to 'toe the line' to his masters just like the rest of us do. Banks and Corporations are basically holding the US economy hostage right now in an attempt to drive down the cost of labor, and make even bigger profits for themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

bingo....def....i have always thought that corporations (wealthy shareholders profit sources) have keep the public fighting against one another with sound bite reasons that are easily more acceptable to the low-information person. deflecting blame and manufacturing stereotypical boogymen keeps those with vast wealth out of the fray.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I agree with others this is just a scare tactic they are ticked off cuz the ceo is going to have to pay a higher tax. the way i look at it is. If they dont want to pay that higher tax then take a pay cut. if they dont want to do the job at all thats fine too. im sure with each co that closes down because romney didnt get office will be fired up by somebody who wants to make some money. If say all the bestbuy's close down ill be happy to fire up my own electronic store. I would like to see in place if you ship a job to china your products will not be allowed back in the states. Keep it in China

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
People are plain dumb. If you don't like the way a company operates. Quit your job. If you don't like the way a company imports from China. Stop buying their products. How complicated is it?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Larry L

Who's policies?

Let me give you an example for how these 'sacred' corporations are raping the US tax payer...

www.walmartmovie.com...
In 2004, a study released the UC Berkeley Labor Center found that "reliance by Wal-Mart workers on public assistance programs in California comes at a cost to taxpayers of an estimated $86 million annually; this is comprised of $32 million in health related expenses and $54 million in other assistance.

Its estimated that every Walmart that exists cost the US taxpayers $400K/year in social services because they rely on the US taxpayer to be their “benefit package”. They even hold classes to show their employees how to apply for social services...

yet at the same time they are posting record profits:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Overall, revenue, excluding Sam's Club membership fees, was up 5.5 percent to $108.6 billion. Results were buoyed by Wal-Mart's international business, which produces 26 percent of its revenue. The company's international division was up 16.2 percent.
The retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., reported net income of $3.8 billion, or $1.09 per share, in the three months ended July 31. That compares with $3.6 billion, or 97 cents per share, in the same period last year. Analysts had expected $1.08 per share on revenue of $108.08 billion.

you still want to blame the president (any president) for this kind of corporate greed?

The problem is that while the misinformed are degrading others about entitlements some corporations are maximizing profits at the expense of the taxpayer. There are corporations that pay minimal salaries without medical benefits and the Government subsidizes these corporations by providing welfare for the citizens and handing out bailouts to these companies with the citizen's money. To add insult to injury these Fortune 500 companies have so many fiscal loopholes in addition to not paying taxes they actually get refunds. However, if the American citizen (taxpayer) complains that when working 40 hours a week their salary cannot meet their basic needs then the corporation moves to another country in search of cheaper labor to further maximize profits. Once they are out of the country these corporations get protection for their assets by utilizting the money and lives of the same people they laid off. This scenario is nothing new. The information provided in the above quote is not in a lost ark somewhere. It is easily accessible to the public. However, some of us here at ATS are so preoccupied with being angry at the wrong people that we refuse to research the truth for ourselves. Ironically, the eagerness to repeat soundbites without validation only compounds the issues subliminally suggested by tptb. Remember Enron, Healthsouth, WorldCom the bailouts? That wasn't that long ago. Now we are fighting each other in defense of our "poor masters". Unbelievable. Why spend time on a conspiracy site if you insist on thinking like a sheep?

The governement subsidises these companies, but not via welfare.

If you're making 15K, as a single person, you're about the poverty threshold, and get nothing from the US, more or less.

If you're trying to feed two people on Wal-Mart minimum wage, you're SLIGHTLY below the threshold and get, maybe food stamps.

If your argument is that Wal-Mart, and others, are setting their wage level because they know a small percentage of workers will get a small amount in food stamps, then you'd be wrong. The idea behind the minimum wage is that a worker that gets it and works full time will not get governement benefits, at least not on a week to week level, like your implying.

The people this MIGHT affect are people on a basic minimum wage that are the only source of income in their families (at least two adults), but you'd have to show that Wal-Mart is intentionally hiring people like that to have a case, and you can't. They'd also be trying to fire people whose spouses got jobs, as this would push them off government support of any kind. And you can't do that either.

Can you?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I have been boycotting Apple products forever now ... One day, one day they will feel the cold hard sting of it!!!

edit on 8-11-2012 by Tazkven because: grammerically challenged, my southern redneck country ghetto accent showing ...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I have been boycotting Apple products forever now ... One day, one day they will feel the cold hard sting of it!!!

edit on 8-11-2012 by Tazkven because: grammerically challenged, my southern redneck country ghetto accent showing ...

hahaha...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Yeah, I'm boycotting Apple products too. Because I'm really pissed off I can't afford their products.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

You probably work for a piece of crap CEO like this one:

The CEO of a massive timeshare company sent an email about the upcoming election to his employees yesterday, threatening to fire some of them if President Obama wins re-election. David Siegel, who owns Florida-based Westgate Resorts, sent an email to all his employees yesterday to discuss the upcoming election. “The economy doesn’t currently pose a threat to your job,” Siegel wrote, noting that the company is “the most profitable [it's] ever been.” “What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration.” He went on to say that although he “can’t tell you whom to vote for,” if Obama is re-elected, it would mean “fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.”

Billionaire CEO Threatens To Fire Employees If Obama Wins

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In summary:

>The biggest welfare recipient is the Gubmint<

And from my own personal observations in my time on this planet,any organization which has a secure income through donations,forced collection of taxes,fee requirements for basically no service.....

Is an inherently mediocre and inefficient organization.

What is it you are quite literally surrounded by?,...

Yup,and if you can't see it you are blind.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

So, if, in January, Obama and Congress sit down and put together a budget with a smaller deficit than last year, the future may brighten substantially. Problem is I just don't see Congress and Obama playing nice.

This is what people need to watch for and be wise to.

Obama's 2013 budget shows a decrease in yearly deficit by approx. $300 Billion, but he also shows an increase in revenue by over $400 Billion from 2012 to 2013. The total increase in COMBINED revenue from 2009 - 2012 to date doesn't even show a total increase of $400 Billion. This will put the 2013 deficit equal to, if not higher than the one for 2012 if someone doesn't get realistic about revenue. Even if the tax cuts to the wealthy expire come January, it will only generate between $60 - $80 Billion for next year. I wonder what the projections are for all of the tax increases associated with Obamacare are. I can't imagine it being enough to offset the difference still.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You guys have it all wrong. It's not the BIG companies that will suffer under Obama. They are in bed with the government. It's small to medium size businesses that will suffer under the new ObamaCare etc.

The plan is simple. Everyone will work for some major corporation and no one will have a small business or be independent. Government regulations and unfair competition with the corporate giants that drive those regulations destroy small to medium businesses.

Enjoy the new Amerika

------

Oh and go team Obama! He is for the little guy /sarcasm

edit on 8-11-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

There is no connection other than greedy CEOs don't want to pay more taxes and therefore are firing people. Google David Siegel or check the link in my last post and you'll see what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Exactly...and the same thing will occur with the agricultural industry. Small farms? No Corporate farms? Yes

And with health care..

It's amazing to watch the sheeple not see what is happening. They hate on the Republican side claiming corporatization is the REPUBLICAN agenda, yet they back the side that is using false propaganda of faked altruism and "what's best for the whole" who are doing nothing but weeding all the small people out of multiple sectors and handing it to the giants.

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

The wave of layoffs started in July after congress approval of the defense budget cuts that many here thought that it was such a good idea, but none understood that it has nothing to do with military but with government civil workers and contracting companies under the defense budget

My husband was under the first wave, the second wave is to start after elections regardless of who win as is a done deal and spread heavily in November and January, so much for happy Christmases but is OK, because is not problem printing money for Wall Street bankers, while you get to join the food kitchens and get a miserable unemployment check until it runs dry after 19 weeks.

Welcome to the welfare state, but rest assure that the middle east and other foreign countries will be receiving your hard earning dollars thanks to the generosity of the American government so they can keep their fight on terror.

The irony, wait when the Obama care scam hits the nation and gouge those that still hold to a job.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

There is no connection other than greedy CEOs don't want to pay more taxes and therefore are firing people. Google David Siegel or check the link in my last post and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Not every business has some bigwig CEO running it you know

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Smartest ATS post I've seen. The biggest job killer is Obamacare period. ACA wasn't designed to help the poor and uninsured. It was designed to stave off up and coming entrepreneurs from overtaking big corporations.

Originally posted by MegaMind
You guys have it all wrong. It's not the BIG companies that will suffer under Obama. They are in bed with the government. It's small to medium size businesses that will suffer under the new ObamaCare etc.

The plan is simple. Everyone will work for some major corporation and no one will have a small business or be independent. Government regulations and unfair competition with the corporate giants that drive those regulations destroy small to medium businesses.

Enjoy the new Amerika

------

Oh and go team Obama! He is for the little guy /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Don't worry Val people are going to get a rude awakening when they are forced to buy insurance or else and when taxes comes our way because they will come our way soon enough after congress change the mandate into a tax due to the Supreme court ruling, I bet many has forgotten about that.

People have the tendency to believe what is spoon fed to them by propaganda but fail to understand how politics and the economy really works.

But is coming . . .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Not every business has some bigwig CEO running it you know

And layoffs because a company is failing most likely have to do with maintaining profit rather than who sits behind some desk in a big house painted white.
edit on 8-11-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join