It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
reply to post by Tazkven

Yeah, I'm boycotting Apple products too. Because I'm really pissed off I can't afford their products.

I boycott them due to their closed garden design. There is no provision to install third party apps not in the app store. You basically have to jail break the devices and void your warranty to install apps not approved by Apple. I am not going to pay a premium price for a limited device.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Actually the hidden truth about the healthcare that nobody really knows it was the only way that the health insurance companies could get bailout after the 2008 massive loses under the market crash.

It was insurance companies lobbyist the ones that redacted the Obamacare and its famous mandate soon to become the biggest tax increase in the history of the US under and ongoing recession

And you are right it has nothing to do with those that can not afford healhcare due to been poor or unemployed it has to do with gouging those that are still earning a living with a job

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
And layoffs because a company is failing most likely have to do with maintaining profit rather than who sits behind some desk in a big house painted white.
edit on 8-11-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

That person who sits behind that desk isn't just some person behind some desk in some house painted white like it really is oh so insignificant.

That person is the one that SIGNS pieces of paper THAT BECOME THE LAWS OF THE LAND!!!

and those laws DO AFFECT how businesses perform and affect what decisions they make.

Government is the greatest obstacle to economic growth!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well of course they are laying people off, how else will the owners pay for their Maid in Barbados once they have to pay their fair share?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

reply to post by Tazkven

Yeah, I'm boycotting Apple products too. Because I'm really pissed off I can't afford their products.

I boycott them due to their closed garden design. There is no provision to install third party apps not in the app store. You basically have to jail break the devices and void your warranty to install apps not approved by Apple. I am not going to pay a premium price for a limited device.

I was just breaking balls anyway. I'm not interested in Apple products at all. My Playstation VITA is my smart phone. It does everything a smartphone does (though I have to use Skype, not traditional phone service), and as a bonus it plays actual full video games with traditional controls, though it has touchscreen as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I know people who are self employed whose businesses aren't doing well at all and haven't since 2008. Obama's "you didn't build that" statement along with other rhetoric haven't instilled any confidence in them that Obama really wants to help and support small businesses.

I know several who have waited until after the election to decide what to do with their businesses. I tell you they are worried about spending more money to try expand in this environment. Some are considering just throwing in the towel. One specifically told me he will not work to give up more than 60% of his income to the government he would rather just retire - close his business and be done with it.

These guys aren't fortune 500 or 1000 companies. They are small time people who would be considered wealthy and successful by most. They don't feel the government is entitled to more than half of everything they work for. Wouldn't you agree that they should be able to keep most of what they earned? Why should they be obligated to work for the government?

Who is John Galt?
edit on 8-11-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

That's the truth and it is simple economics (something Obama does not understand.) If you increase a company's tax liability (which he has promised over and over and over) then they have to cut elsewhere to make up for the increased expense--especially if that increased tax liability is connected to the number of workers you have (Obamacare). To cut your losses, you are forced to let people go or to reduce the number of full time employees and replace them with part time employees. This is not surprising, this has been understood since the employer mandate partion of Obamacare was revealed.

People wonder why companies move overseas. It is because our government (and the people who vote for more government) has created an atmosphere (and still creating an atmosphere) that makes it more and more difficult to start and mantain a business in the country. Look at Singapore: they went from the third world to one of the world's leading and upcoming economic powerhouses by stopping the foolishness that we are now racing towards.
edit on 8-11-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My mom is a manager for a local McDonalds company. It's a small franchise consisting of 7 or 8 stores I believe. Anyway, there was a meeting about 2 weeks ago, towards the end the owner tells the group:

"I'm not supposed to tell you all how to vote, and I'm not going to. However I will say that, if the current administration and it's polices stay in office, everyone now working and any new hire will only be able to get a max of 30hrs a week. It's the only thing that we can think of to be able to try and pay for the new taxes and requirements starting with the new year. To be honest, I'm not sure how we're going to pay them or if there is any way to. We will probably lose everything. Just thought you all had a right to know what we are facing."

Small businesses around the country are facing the same thing. In this case, McDonalds might be a big name, the owner of this company is not. I think we will be seeing alot of this in the coming months and years.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by SilentKillah
And layoffs because a company is failing most likely have to do with maintaining profit rather than who sits behind some desk in a big house painted white.
edit on 8-11-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

That person who sits behind that desk isn't just some person behind some desk in some house painted white like it really is oh so insignificant.

That person is the one that SIGNS pieces of paper THAT BECOME THE LAWS OF THE LAND!!!

and those laws DO AFFECT how businesses perform and affect what decisions they make.

Government is the greatest obstacle to economic growth!

You've been fooled in so many ways by your good ole boys. The product is the greatest obstacle to company growth. If the product isn't good, or overpriced, it doesn't sell. The business then fails. If the product is good and sells well, the business thrives.

I'm done responding to you if you can't understand that simple fact. 8 weeks in a business management class tells you that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I'm for one sick of the above reply's load OF HS!!!! Read something and learn something people...this lays it all out in plain english (for those too dumb to understand).
edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: bracket for link

edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

If this is true, you work for a very foolish company. Smart companies are preparing for continued and accelerating growth going forward. The company I work for is continuing to hire at breakneck pace, though the owners are rabid Republicans. They know that even if income taxes were to increase on them, it still makes sense to maximize profits, because a couple extra percent on higher taxes still means more money in their pockets as we grow.

The incentive to outsource isn't as high as it would be if the added profits from exporting jobs were taxed lower, but our business model doesn't very well support outsourced jobs anyhow. My advice to you - get out of that company as soon as you can find a better job. Smart companies are hiring quality talent now, knowing that the pool of talent will run in shorter supply as the continued expansion, which has been predicted to accelerate regardless of who had won the election, moves on.

Besides...Republicans still hold the purse strings (House of Reps), right? What are they worried about?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I was saying that the health insurance mandate looked like a hidden bailout for the insurance companies way back in 2008,nobody heard it.

Listen to this.
1-There is no way anyone can tell you what to do with your own body,unless they somehow hold an interest in it.

2-Since someone must hold an interest in your body,since we have been tricked into granting someone else interest in it,and they do not uphold their end of the contract,who then pays?.

3-How does one pay when all they have is their body,but they don't really own it because another holds interest in it?.

I see a dark cloud on the horizon,very dark....

The health care industry is one of the,if not the fastest growing industry in the U.S.,if not the world.

The health care industry is growing because of an increase in unhealthy people not a good thing.

I see bad things in the future,we are all going to wish the world ended on 12-21-2012.

Just thinking.

Rise,or die.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

reply to post by Tazkven

Ditto, not because of price although they are way overpriced and imported from China, an American company outsourcing ALL manufacturing to foreign countries because they say American workers lack the skill set to fabricate their devices does not set well with me ...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
People are plain dumb. If you don't like the way a company operates. Quit your job. If you don't like the way a company imports from China. Stop buying their products. How complicated is it?

Most people don't have that luxury. Most of the products here are made in China.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

That's the truth and it is simple economics (something Obama does not understand.) If you increase a company's tax liability (which he has promised over and over and over) then they have to be greedy and fire people rather than make their product better which makes more sales and can keep up profits.

Fixed for you. Companies don't want to do what it takes to keep a business going anymore. Instead they blame the the President for their lacking.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%--and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I'm for one sick of the above load OF HS!!!! Read something and learn something people...this lays it all out in plain english (for those too dumb to understand).
edit on 8-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: bracket for link

What you fail to realize is twofold. First of all, the effective tax rate was much, much, much lower as there were many, many more loopholes, deductions,and ways to hide income than today. The wealthy (although this is not really about taxing the ultra wealthy, but about taxing high wage earners) could hide much more of their income.

Secondly, the boom in the 1950's was because after WWII, the USA was the only industrial power that was not bombed to #. Since our factories and infrastructure and farming land was untouched by war, we became the breadbasket and the industrial supply for the entire world. There was no way we could not have a roaring economy until the other countries were finished rebuilding in the 1960's.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
I know people who are self employed whose businesses aren't doing well at all and haven't since 2008. Obama's "you didn't build that" statement along with other rhetoric haven't instilled any confidence in them that Obama really wants to help and support small businesses.

I know several who have waited until after the election to decide what to do with their businesses. I tell you they are worried about spending more money to try expand in this environment. Some are considering just throwing in the towel. One specifically told me he will not work to give up more than 60% of his income to the government he would rather just retire - close his business and be done with it.

These guys aren't fortune 500 or 1000 companies. They are small time people who would be considered wealthy and successful by most. They don't feel the government is entitled to more than half of everything they work for. Wouldn't you agree that they should be able to keep most of what they earned? Why should they be obligated to work for the government?

Who is John Galt?

Yep. I am self-employed. I love what I do but now I have to seriously think about finding other work. My clients' hours are getting cut back and some have been laid off so they don't need me much anymore. Everything that happens from the top can affect the little man.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Obviously you didn't read the article, I know it's big and uses some big words but they cover all those angles...and prove it's a load of horse poo.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

That's the funniest thing I ever heard. One question though how is china able to sell products then? Americans only care that the price is cheap.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Boeing announced a major restructuring of its defense division on Wednesday that will cut 30 percent of management jobs from 2010 levels, close facilities in California and consolidate several business units to cut costs.

www.cnbc.com...

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

These are 2 examples of the fallout of Tuesday's election.
One is a large corporation and one is a small business with 114 employees.
The vegas employer specifically states that he had to reduce employees to cover the additional costs associated with Obamacare!
edit on 11/8/2012 by fltcui because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join