It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by beezzer

Sheesh. I'm starting to freak out. I can't take the back and forth suspense.

Close. Too Close.

*finger nails: gone
*Bald spot: growing
*Liquour cabinet: raided

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just now raiding the liquor cabinet? Catch up Beez!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And here I sit at work.

Alas fretting over the election is not worth it imho.
What happens will happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

At one point MSNBC called NJ for Obama and a minute later called it too close to call. So I switched to CNN again and they flipped FL.

It's too much.

link   
ABC projecting Republicans retain the House.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

link   
The Latino vote will be the deciding factor in this election.

The Republicans did a $hitty job in reaching out to the Latinos in this go around.

If this goes as I expect, they would need to push someone like Rubio in 2016 to help capitalize on the growing population of Latinos in this country.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
politico just turned red all the way from north dakota to texas but i think they are just starting to count the votes

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

And minority precincts often hold their results until the very end to make a point about their impact.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just dropped into the coverage and found the networks calling states with 1% of precincts reporting!

Good grief. And people think their vote counts.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I seem to remember you'd change your avatar for a short time if "The One" is rehired. I suggest this one. But I do hope you don't have to change the bunny tears.
Heck, I really hope we know before January in all honesty.
After 2000, once they figured out that getting thousands of lawyers involved, who knows?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by beezzer

At one point MSNBC called NJ for Obama and a minute later called it too close to call. So I switched to CNN again and they flipped FL.

It's too much.

I watched about 10 minutes of FOX and 10 minutes of CNN ( I think), and said screw that and went to Taco Bell, and rented a kids movie for my son. I figure I'll check back in about an hour and a half and see how its looking then.

It REALLY bugs me that they "call" these things with 5 and 7% of the vote in the first place, and I think it should be illegal to make any predictions whatsoever before the polls close, because it could impact the results in the polls that are still open.

Not enough news anchors go to jail, LOL!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Florida is within 300 votes.

Crazy crazy close.

link   
The DU and Freep forums keep crashing or closing to all but paid members so we know the pain is being felt equally as both sides panic and scramble to figure out the numbers.

link   
Well, I broke into the wine. One glass and I'm already feeling loopy... Can't handle all this nail biting!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
If this goes as I expect, they would need to push someone like Rubio in 2016 to help capitalize on the growing population of Latinos in this country.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

Interesting you state that...because in Beez's prediction thread that is exactly what I stated in terms of Rubio. Then again, I don't think this will come down to any one demographic, at least, I hope not. If so, then it is is demographic political pandering to the Nth next election season....more so then we are subjected to now.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
PA called for Obama by Fox. Florida is so dang close, only a couple hundred vote difference & the word "recount" was already spoken as possible if FL is less than 1% difference.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
Florida is within 300 votes.

Crazy crazy close.

Wanna make a buck?

Reserve all the hotel rooms in Tallahassee NOW! The lawyers and press corps will be paying top dollar for those rooms if this state is the decider again like in 2000. The best thing about the recount that year was when they kicked all the high-priced lawyers and anchor people out of the hotels to make room for the Football Fans for the Seminole Games.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
512 Paths to the White House

You can see how each state might impact each candidates chances.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am glad I don't have TV.

All I have is you guys and yahoo home page.

I prefer you guys.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join