It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
PA called for Obama by Fox. Florida is so dang close, only a couple hundred vote difference & the word "recount" was already spoken as possible if FL is less than 1% difference.

I'm hoping Obama can win without Florida, then a recount won't matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
happy voting today america. sitting here in sydney australia watching the cable news channels and listening with amazement at the way you guys over there conduct elections.

just a couple of questions if someone there can help me out.

Why do they hold the vote on a tuesday when people are working etc.....our elections are always on a saturday. most people are not at work and that leaves all local schools available for voting booths. i have been hearing about people lining up for over 4 hours waiting to vote. over here most schools hold a fete with sausage sizzles and cake stalls etc to raise money for the local school that you are voting at. i have never waited more than 2 minutes to lodge my vote. are your polling booths at the local schools or halls etc ????

why the different ways to vote e.g: ballots, machines, punch cards etc. we have a form that everyone fills out in pencil. every person over the age of 18 fills in the same form. these are put into a locked box with scrutineers from both parties there to ensure no funny business with the box's.

i understand that its not compulsory to vote over there. what sort of turn out do you get ???what sort of percentages of all those allowed to vote actually do ??? for something this important where the direction of the country is at stake...do you think everyone should vote ??

please understand this post is not saying whos system is better than the other's...just some questions i have wondered about. good luck to whomever you vote for and enjoy the freedom that we in both countries have to choose who leads us.

Tuesday, because then people traveling to vote would have time to reach the polling place, and would not have to start traveling on a Sunday. November, I think, was because then harvesting was over, and it wasn't too cold yet.

Polling places vary a bit. Some are in schools, others in churches, and my guess is that others are in other sorts of buildings. I think that they look for a place with the space needed, and that is available. If they tried having any sort of fundraiser here, some people would complain that it was biased, and some would probably try and make it biased.

The states determine the sort of ballot they use, so there can be a lot of variation. That goes back to the idea that this country is supposed to be a collection of united states, that govern their own affairs except when issues affect the entire nation. So, yeah, a lot of ballots out there. Personally, I think they should all have a real paper trail, even if there is an electronic system, so that any issues can be verified with a hard copy. I like your way better, really. Simple, verifiable, and nothing to break down. All you have to do is be sure all the votes get counted.

Voter turnout varies quite a lot. Really, a lot of people don't vote that could, some don't even register, and there are cases of people voting that were not eligible. Proven cases, with illegal aliens voting, dead people voting, and so forth. So, it gets interesting here! As for whether I think everyone should vote? hard call. If someone refuses to stay informed, or isn't concerned enough to even register, they probably don't have the sense to make an educated choice. I guess I wish everyone would stay informed, and vote, but if they don't, I would rather the clueless simply stay home, as they are too easily manipulated.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Jaellma
If this goes as I expect, they would need to push someone like Rubio in 2016 to help capitalize on the growing population of Latinos in this country.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

Interesting you state that...because in Beez's prediction thread that is exactly what I stated in terms of Rubio. Then again, I don't think this will come down to any one demographic, at least, I hope not. If so, then it is is demographic political pandering to the Nth next election season....more so then we are subjected to now.

Texas is going to Romney. We have a high latino population here. In fact, whites are now in the minority.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I might hate Wolf Blitzer.

He needs to cut the dramatics.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think Florida is going to break late for Obama.

The three big counties in the south that are big for Obama haven't reported most of their vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well Obama just took Wisconsin and New Hampshire and looks like he could win Ohio, though there is still a lot of votes to be counted, and with those 3 states Romney will have to win every other battleground state to get 270.

Of course it's still up in the air - and incredibly close - I'm anxious to see how this turns out.
edit on 6-11-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

thanks so much for your reply.

also im watching between cnn and fox. i just heard them say that in one of the states after 7 million votes counted there are only 600 odd difference....omg thats just crazy.

good luck to whomever you voted for.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They just called WI. I seriously do not know how, what, with whom they are using to 'call' these states.

#1 WI was showing (and still is) Romney leading.
#2 Not all votes are in/counted, yet.
#3 Being a SWING state, I'd have thought they would be careful at calling it so soon, especially given...
#4 Walker won TWICE in the past two years.

WHY are they still calling WI a democrat state?

I so wish I knew what formula they are using to determine their winners.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Don't worry Romney supporters, maybe he'll sing "America the Beautiful" at his concession speech tonight.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Last minute ditch for Obama?! Just got a knock on my door to go vote for him. Told the young man, too late. Anyway, polls are closing here but the great thing about Las Vegas is there is no closing time. Enjoy folks, oh and I won last week's parlay card.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Obama leading Florida by 20,000

86% reporting

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Something odd happened today when I went to vote, that's never happened before. They were calling out our names to 'someone', after we gave our names?? WTH was that about??? I have never needed to produce my I.d., FYI, in our small town.......just wondering if any one else experienced the calling out name thing?? After she called out my last name, she said she felt embarrassed, like she was taking roll call in school..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The Magic Number 332

Obama wins

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just called PA for Obama.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

thanks so much for your reply.

also im watching between cnn and fox. i just heard them say that in one of the states after 7 million votes counted there are only 600 odd difference....omg thats just crazy.

good luck to whomever you voted for.

Most welcome, and it's a nail-biter night here! The news people seem to be calling these states WAY too early. Seem to remember them waiting in the past till more votes were in. Oh, well, the real results are what counts! Way close in a lot of places, too! I am just hoping we will still be a free country after this. Wish I was joking! Hoping, anyway!

link   
CNN

142/153 Obama/Romney

link   

Originally posted by muse7

86% reporting

And I'm thinking he will get a net gain of 2k in Miami Dade and 45k in Broward. Romney should get a net gain of 35k in Santa Rosa, but it won't be enough to close the gap. I am going off of 2008 results and this years percentages for the estimates.

I'm thinking Obama is going to take Florida.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

86% reporting

Interesting since I just read a poll that had Romney up by 8,000.....its a toss up

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
FOX
153/153
Obama/Romney

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Elizabeth Warren wins!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join