It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's what I read.
Exit poll data

Reuters reporter Lisa Richwine says the quarantine room lacks phone or Internet access. At 5 p.m., the quarantine will lift, and the representatives will be able to share their data with their respective organizations.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Too bad I wasn`t there to be part of the poll. I think I don`t fit the typical Republican stereotype lol
edit on 6-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just went through some of the "news" channels and I caught the panel on msnbc saying they were not going to be giving poll information. Maybe it is the choice of the host? The panel said they didn't want "sway" voters....

I just wanted a laugh so was going through the msnbc, current, cnn and fox...pretty ridiculous crap. Sure would be nice if there was a "real" news outlet that wasn't twisted left or right in opinion editorial crapola...oh well

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I just went through some of the "news" channels and I caught the panel on msnbc saying they were not going to be giving poll information. Maybe it is the choice of the host? The panel said they didn't want "sway" voters....

I just wanted a laugh so was going through the msnbc, current, cnn and fox...pretty ridiculous crap. Sure would be nice if there was a "real" news outlet that wasn't twisted left or right in opinion editorial crapola...oh well

Thus why I created the thread. I found it quite glaring and odd that MSNBC would do that.

Shep is on now, saying nothing about data, but stating that dems have been voting more than republicans.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great thread Beezer! I'm surprised no one else caught it for exit numbers and projections either.

Try this one on for size: Take the Exit Poll!

It had just over 27,000 votes when I took it and it carried about the same numbers as your MSNBC poll......exactly the opposite.

So much for polls and reliability. lol..... I'd give MSNBC about as much credibility too. It's not even them personally today. it's the idea anyone coming out of a polling place can be trusted to give an honest answer. Heck, no one's ever asked me but I'd be tempted to throw them a ringer answer just to screw with their poll. I'm sure I'm far from alone in finding it amusing to tweak the nose of the MSM. ...and that's why I'm personally finding entertainment in the polls but won't give them any weight. The real polls start after the voting locations start closing in several hours.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to admit that my confidence is not so high about the final results.

I think you will have to change your avatar....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Beezer... old bunny, old pal!

Seriously, check out this link. I find it quite interesting, and it always helps to follow the money.

Wall Street gains hint at possible Romney victory

(Reuters) - Stocks climbed on Tuesday as some investors bet that Republican Mitt Romney could pull off a surprise victory in the presidential vote, citing gains in defense and energy shares.

Defense shares like United Technologies shot higher, raising some market speculation that Romney,, who has called for increased military spending, could be moving ahead of Democratic President Barack Obama in the vote

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by beezzer

I have to admit that my confidence is not so high about the final results.

I think you will have to change your avatar....

Not willing to do so as of yet.

My prediction still stands. (for a few more hours at least)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Great thread Beezer! I'm surprised no one else caught it for exit numbers and projections either.

It had just over 27,000 votes when I took it and it carried about the same numbers as your MSNBC poll......exactly the opposite.

So much for polls and reliability. lol..... I'd give MSNBC about as much credibility too. It's not even them personally today. it's the idea anyone coming out of a polling place can be trusted to give an honest answer. Heck, no one's ever asked me but I'd be tempted to throw them a ringer answer just to screw with their poll. I'm sure I'm far from alone in finding it amusing to tweak the nose of the MSM. ...and that's why I'm personally finding entertainment in the polls but won't give them any weight. The real polls start after the voting locations start closing in several hours.

I've never seen any study that compared exit polls to actual results.

Would be interesting to see if they compare at all!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Now, investers aren't annoying posters on a conspiracy website, so their opinions may not be as valid as mine but it's nice to see some comfirmation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I'll toss out another thing to consider... Recall a while back, those stations that "oops'ed" and listed loaded result totals and winners for THIS race? Anyone else screen cap those sites for the very short time the results (far beyond early voting totals to that point) had been showing? (grin) I'm certainly going to be interested in seeing how wrong which set of polls is....but I'm more interested frankly in seeing how those "oops" numbers compare to the real thing tonight on those actual locations.

Someone might have some major explaining to do...or not. It won't be a boring night to be sure!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You have to give your e-mail to take the poll? I guess the real poll results are "the number of people willing to give out their email addresses and get spammed by Townhall".
edit on 6-11-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Nothing is sent to your Email to verify that it was real. They got my standard Email for such things.... [email protected] (Goofy really really HATES me...I'm sure..that dog's Email is in some of the oddest places thanks to me.. )

As soon as you click, it shows the results..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I took a look at that and added my vote to it to. I took a picture of the map

Seems legit
edit on 6-11-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Why is Hawaii still blue?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi Beezer thank you for this thread, one question I have is about Florida, since you were watching it on tv have they been able to vote and is it going smoothly? How are they voting in light of how Obama has handled Sandy?
Anyway, I need a place to come and hang out tonight as the process unfolds, I am going nuts alone here with noone to really discuss this with in real life.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by beezzer

Hi Beezer thank you for this thread, one question I have is about Florida, since you were watching it on tv have they been able to vote and is it going smoothly? How are they voting in light of how Obama has handled Sandy?
Anyway, I need a place to come and hang out tonight as the process unfolds, I am going nuts alone here with noone to really discuss this with in real life.

I haven't heard of any problems in Florida.

New Jersey is having issues, with Sandy still.

Pull up a chair and pour a drink! I'm here at at Heff's thread. Wanna watch him cry when Obama loses.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
2 hours until the first polls close.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by peter_kandra
reply to post by beezzer

I thought I had seen an article that said the networks had agreed to shield any exit poll results until the polls in that state closed.

Would love to see that. I guess MSNBC didn't sign?

Here is an article discussing the exit poll blackout:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Here is an article discussing the exit poll blackout:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks! Watching CNN now, no further talk of numbers, yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join