It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
CNN talking about Florida, showing long lines, 700 ballots in Broward County got thrown out due to not being signed. Attorney and poll watcher from Romney campaign checking out the voting.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here's my contribution to tonight's celebration or drowning of woes....

Sweetwater IPA

Drink up!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
MSNBC right now, they're talking about a 78% Obama vs a 22% Romney exit poll.

Oh man .... thanks for the laugh. MSNBC never fails to deliver with the chuckles.

FOX news just reported that New Jersey has been given until FRIDAY to vote ... that's right ... FRIDAY. New Jersey will be accepting EMAIL votes up until then. So what does that mean for the electoral map?? No one can claim New Jersey until at least Friday??

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh man .... thanks for the laugh. MSNBC never fails to deliver with the chuckles.

FOX news just reported that New Jersey has been given until FRIDAY to vote ... that's right ... FRIDAY. New Jersey will be accepting EMAIL votes up until then. So what does that mean for the electoral map?? No one can claim New Jersey until at least Friday??

I heard that. But Shep said that they have until friday to vote on the other ballot initiatives. The presidential voting ends midnight.

Federal law.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Try this one on for size: Take the Exit Poll!

I took a look at that and added my vote to it to. I took a picture of the map

Seems legit
edit on 6-11-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

No kidding! I so wanted to go back and get a screenshot but didn't want to tweak their numbers by running through multiple times. I'm glad you caught it though!

Now there is a monument to the accuracy and honesty of polling. Oh yes.... it's all 100% true. They say so...so it must be. 49 states for Romney and Obama can retire to Hawaii in peace.

Anyone really believe the MSM polls are measurably more accurate than that one? That one just gets totally ridiculous about it by the audience they're catering to of course. It makes the point well though, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
59 minutes.

Giggity

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Watch the Tennis ATP Finals to relax lol
edit on 6-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by beezzer

Watch the Tenis ATP Finals to relax lol

I made a pot of tea. If I started drinking now, I'd be asleep before the Ohio results!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
happy voting today america. sitting here in sydney australia watching the cable news channels and listening with amazement at the way you guys over there conduct elections.

just a couple of questions if someone there can help me out.

Why do they hold the vote on a tuesday when people are working etc.....our elections are always on a saturday. most people are not at work and that leaves all local schools available for voting booths. i have been hearing about people lining up for over 4 hours waiting to vote. over here most schools hold a fete with sausage sizzles and cake stalls etc to raise money for the local school that you are voting at. i have never waited more than 2 minutes to lodge my vote. are your polling booths at the local schools or halls etc ????

why the different ways to vote e.g: ballots, machines, punch cards etc. we have a form that everyone fills out in pencil. every person over the age of 18 fills in the same form. these are put into a locked box with scrutineers from both parties there to ensure no funny business with the box's.

i understand that its not compulsory to vote over there. what sort of turn out do you get ???what sort of percentages of all those allowed to vote actually do ??? for something this important where the direction of the country is at stake...do you think everyone should vote ??

please understand this post is not saying whos system is better than the other's...just some questions i have wondered about. good luck to whomever you vote for and enjoy the freedom that we in both countries have to choose who leads us.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

As far as I know, it's the first Tuesday in November and it's a weekday because weekends have religiou connotations.

As for the variety of way to vote, different states can determine voting applications.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be by to straighten me out.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I made a pot of tea. If I started drinking now, I'd be asleep before the Ohio results!

I'll probably take a 30 min nap soon, then stay wake all night.
edit on 6-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

About the day, an interesting quote from cnn.com (i know, it's cnn lol)

It all comes down to weather, harvests and worship. Back when voters traveled to the polls by horse, Tuesday was an ideal day because it allows people to worship on Sunday, ride to their county seat on Monday and vote on Tuesday - all before market day, Wednesday. And the month of November fit nicely between harvest time and brutal winter weather -- which can be especially bad when you're trudging along by horse and buggy. Plenty of ballot initiatives But since many voters now travel by horsepower instead of live horses, some people -- like the group Why Tuesday? -- are pushing to move election day to a weekend day to increase the country's historically dismal voter turnout. According to the group, 15 states do not allow early voting, and 27% of non-voters said the main reason why they didn't vote was because they were too busy or couldn't get time off to vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'll try to post as much info a I can, but if you folks see/hear something, let me know!

Ta-da!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.politico.com...#/President/2012/Primary/ currently 503 popular votes for obama listed and 1950 for Romney popular not electoral as of the time of this post atleast

O 1440

R 4136........
edit on 6-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
CNN right now, showing just preliminary votes. They appear to be 2:1 for Romney. I'm sure that'll change, but interesting start.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

(mods, couldn't find anything like this, am surprised. If there is, please delete)

Bias much?

Is this what we are going to see tonight?

More as it comes in.

I am really confused. Is there a source for this or is this something you are seeing on TV? I went to the MSNBC website and no exit polling data has been published.. There is an article stating:

Decision day – what to watch for tonight.

MSNBC Politics
edit on 11/6/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
O 4286 to R 8434 so the gap is narrowing but still 2-1 like future president Beezer said

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

It was the two folks talking and one reported it as coming from Florida. Just something I saw.

Sorry, no data.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
6:00 PM ET POLL CLOSINGS •Indiana
•Kentucky

7:00 PM ET POLL CLOSINGS •Georgia
•South Carolina
•Vermont
•Virginia

7:30 PM ET POLL CLOSINGS •North Carolina
•Ohio
•West Virginia